Charts Discussion : DISEASE out now!

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 27,772
On 10/27/2024 at 10:31 PM, OreoDisease said:

Me too! This made me emotional, but I think it's the best decision. 

Oh absolutely do what you need for your mental health.

:prideheart:

• hugs 1

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Popster Is Born 13,068
On 10/27/2024 at 10:28 PM, OreoDisease said:
  Hide contents

So guys, let me preface this by saying it's been a fun couple of years. I was so looking forward to Gaga going back to her roots and I have to say I'm very happy that she did. This song is a banger, and I'm very excited for the album. I have for a long time felt like sometimes my presence on fan-forums has been somewhat akin to an addiction in some ways - it might sound dramatic, but since covid hit and I've been working on my masters thesis and then phd it's just too available for me to go online and endlessly refresh for new posts and whatnot. Now I sit here and I realize that even as a fan it doesn't serve me anymore because as I've said Gaga as released one of her best songs in the last decade and instead of being happy about it I'm frustrated by the whole situation of the fanbase and whatnot- which feels absurd to me. If I sound dramatic it's probably just because I am. But anyway I think it's better for me to just go on the subreddit once in a while and just leave it at there. I'll probably still remain a chartser at heart checking kworb and spotify charts and whatnot but I feel like I get a bit too consumed with fan-forums lately to the point where it influences my mood irl.

So because of that I'll quit going on here for the time being. I actually would like to request @admin or some mod to ban my account please, but I'm probably also blocking the website. I can already imagine the jokes about "Disease bombed so hard people are banning themselves", I even chuckled writing this :icant: but trust me it's less about that and more about feeling like I became a bit addicted to the constant serotonin boost of chart updates and posts and endless discussion, and the rollercoaster that brings. 

Anyway, I have really had some incredible times with y'all and if anyone wants to keep in touch with me you can find me @zcasx on instagram. Hope y'all have a wonderfull life! I'm sure LG7 era is going to be great even if imperfect. 

TL;DR: I'm deleting my account, thank you all for the fun times! :prideheart:

Ohhh we will miss you :bradley:

But I get it. I also find it weird sometimes how a song performance can affect our view and thoughts on it. However I wish you the best and hopefully you can re-join us sometime in the future

Spoiler

when single 2 smashes :bigbird:

• paws up 1
  • hugs 1
  • lol 1

ARTPOPster 2,102
On 10/27/2024 at 9:28 PM, OreoDisease said:
  Hide contents

So guys, let me preface this by saying it's been a fun couple of years. I was so looking forward to Gaga going back to her roots and I have to say I'm very happy that she did. This song is a banger, and I'm very excited for the album. I have for a long time felt like sometimes my presence on fan-forums has been somewhat akin to an addiction in some ways - it might sound dramatic, but since covid hit and I've been working on my masters thesis and then phd it's just too available for me to go online and endlessly refresh for new posts and whatnot. Now I sit here and I realize that even as a fan it doesn't serve me anymore because as I've said Gaga as released one of her best songs in the last decade and instead of being happy about it I'm frustrated by the whole situation of the fanbase and whatnot- which feels absurd to me. If I sound dramatic it's probably just because I am. But anyway I think it's better for me to just go on the subreddit once in a while and just leave it at there. I'll probably still remain a chartser at heart checking kworb and spotify charts and whatnot but I feel like I get a bit too consumed with fan-forums lately to the point where it influences my mood irl.

So because of that I'll quit going on here for the time being. I actually would like to request @admin or some mod to ban my account please, but I'm probably also blocking the website. I can already imagine the jokes about "Disease bombed so hard people are banning themselves", I even chuckled writing this :icant: but trust me it's less about that and more about feeling like I became a bit addicted to the constant serotonin boost of chart updates and posts and endless discussion, and the rollercoaster that brings. 

Anyway, I have really had some incredible times with y'all and if anyone wants to keep in touch with me you can find me @zcasx on instagram. Hope y'all have a wonderfull life! I'm sure LG7 era is going to be great even if imperfect. 

Awww, wish you the best. <3

• paws up 1
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,817
  Reveal hidden contents

I will miss you:bebe:

• paws up 1
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 17,921
On 10/28/2024 at 9:55 AM, Tati Cavala said:

miss Disease #60 on Apple Music USA app :katy:

Aint it at #73 or somethng before?

Popster to Popster 4,714
  Hide contents

I get it. We should all probably leave, but my mental illness think this is a blast. Good luck on the PHD! :gaga-thanks:

Pop-a-911-ster 43,126
  Reveal hidden contents

I’m really gonna miss you. I look forward to your insight literally all the time and I think your presence is gonna be really missed. I’ve always appreciated your down to earth rational thinking. I 100% support you doing what you need to do for you mental health. I always time off from the site during certain periods and I think it can be really healthy. I don’t know you’ll ever come back. But if not….I hope you know you really will be missed here. I’m not active on instagram but I may go give you a follow if it’s the only way to stay in contact. :bradley:

I absolutely wish you the best in life. I’ve never met you but I know for sure, you deserve it. :bradley:

Spoiler

Wow why did I just tear up writing this. I love online forums and the connections you’re able to make through the years. It’s a special thing. And this is why I told people earlier that it’s so important to treasure these moments. 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 19,746
  Hide contents

Love you bestie :prideheart::prideheart:

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 10,900
  Reveal hidden contents

We will miss you! :hugging:

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,817
On 10/28/2024 at 12:34 AM, FRANZGA said:

Gaga couldve secured that UK No.1 with an MV :lesson:

Don’t reinit the same topic please :eyega:

• lol 1