Charts Discussion : DISEASE out now!

PanPikus

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Releasing a Halloween video on the day of Halloween, just before the Xmas songs take over 2 days later. I don’t know who approved this plan but isn’t that bright

spacer.png

Edited by Gaga Banana
  • thanks 1
  • lol 4

ARTPOPster 1,309

Just my two cents. Disease remains a great pop song.

Spoiler

It's a shame Gaga isn't up for being more present during this single's release, but I'm not massively surprised. She's likely just never going to do that sort of thing again. When Shallow was relentlessly doing well during early 2019 she had no intention of pushing a promoted second single for the ASIB album, or anything else for that entire calendar year. When Chromatica finally came out and she went into a blackout a day or two later over the social climate, she never got back into the era other than for the paid stuff that presumably couldn't be cancelled (which included the VMAs and 911 music video). At the time we sort of agreed that was due to COVID and the BLM protests but honestly it seemed like it just wasn't ever a priority and so anything that did happen was disjointed and didn't have much effect.

This time around it feels more out of place because a major film should have been still raking in money at the box office while a collab track was also still blowing up charts around the world, but with JFAD bombing and APT smashing for Bruno, the focus on Disease is a lot more intense than it may have been predicted to be. While no MV after the teaser earlier in the week is weird, I fully expected her to drop the song and dip more or less. 

I hope she has some major promo slots for album release week at the very least.

Edited by Rusty
  • thanks 3

In terms of public appearances/interviews, I think it's possible she'll avoid that for a while to avoid questions about JFAD bomb, maybe? :ohhh:

I remember when she was interviewed by Zane Lowe a few weeks ago for Harlequin and she said "I'll see you again soon". I was so sure it would be on the lead release day, but here we are with no sign of anything.

Popster This Way 879

Three things before going to sleep:

1. Share the Tik Tok of that Oorsz user, comment, give a like etc

2. Don’t forget to let your disease playlist streaming overnight with volume.

3. Tomorrow we are going to have a drop in streams once again, but don’t panic, we will go up on Monday and Gaga is going to start promoting the song this week and releasing the video, so hang in there tomorrow and don’t stop streaming Disease

• love 2

Popster for Sale 45,203
On 10/27/2024 at 11:00 PM, BloodyRain said:

but don’t panic, we will go up on Monday

I’m loving this confidence :icant:

• lol 3

The Fame Popster 314
On 10/27/2024 at 8:00 PM, Max_Vandeburg said:

In terms of public appearances/interviews, I think it's possible she'll avoid that for a while to avoid questions about JFAD bomb, maybe? :ohhh:

I remember when she was interviewed by Zane Lowe a few weeks ago for Harlequin and she said "I'll see you again soon". I was so sure it would be on the lead release day, but here we are with no sign of anything.

please, no one will ask her about it 

nobody cares about joker anymore 

• thanks 1

On 10/27/2024 at 8:03 PM, Tati Cavala said:

please, no one will ask her about it 

nobody cares about joker anymore 

Are you kidding? Some of the press must be DYING to hear her take on the film's failure. It's the kind of headline they love.

A Popster Is Born 15,748
On 10/27/2024 at 11:54 PM, sugden said:

i just think she wants to release the video on halloween

that happy halloween at the end made me think that

200.gif?cid=a240fe21r0719c232c8zz8kotpg8

then don't release the song a week before like it's a hot potato

200.gif?cid=a240fe21r0719c232c8zz8kotpg8

The Fame Popster 314
On 10/27/2024 at 8:05 PM, Max_Vandeburg said:

Are you kidding? Some of the press must be DYING to hear her take on the film's failure. It's the kind of headline they love.

Once again nobody cares about this movie 

Popster for Sale 45,203

I believe something is happening behind the scenes. All the posts so far are by her management, not her.

Edited by BenG
  • shook 2
  • lol 2

ARTPOPster 1,901
On 10/28/2024 at 1:20 AM, BenG said:

I believe something is happening behind the scenes. All the posts so far are by her management, not her.

tinfoil hat: on

• thanks 1
  • lol 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 13,068

I dont think anyone mentioned it yet but the fact that the Hot 100 Top 10 points are SO LOW right now :rip: One time we actually got lucky with that stuff and they cant even release the MV on debut day to secure more exposure.

On the bright side, at least DWAS will spend 10+ weeks in the Top 10. Coming for Applause :applause:

Edited by Doncho
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 45,203
On 10/27/2024 at 11:27 PM, Azor Ahai said:

tinfoil hat: on

None of them actually required her personal involvement, if you really think about how celebrity management works.

• Streaming services stories - management (contractual obligations)
  • TikTok edits - management (curation)
  • Latest post with likely old pic - written by PR (at most approved by her)

The last post could have been a cute little video (even if arranged by PR) but she must be too preoccupied with something else to even do that.

• shook 1
  • thanks 1