Charts Discussion : DISEASE out now!

PanPikus

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popster to Popster 4,950
On 10/27/2024 at 4:12 PM, XXXlop said:

Then don't start the era, if it's not ready for release! Like OMG, 5 years waiting for just another half-baked era.

I'd rather complain about her postponing the era, than complain about having a flop era on arrival because of this mismanagement.

I can't even enjoy the song anymore, because of the context. So must wasted potential. And this time she won't be able to fix it. The damage is already done. She's jeoparadizing her own career.

I sadly agree. I don't even think the MV will make much noise outside her fanbase at this point. But we shall see. 

• paws up 1
  • sad 2

A Popster Is Born 17,627
On 10/27/2024 at 10:13 PM, ConnorFilm said:

I'm not sure. I was just told the video was shot in LA earlier this month and her team had requested pieces of clothing and fashion for the video shoot, including a spiked ball chain necklace that you can kind of see her wearing in her pfp with the rainbow across her face. 

There was some japanese leak that Said they changed single Because of leak but idk if that was Real :rip: (only leak we Had was girlfriend snippet, if they swapped lead over that… :rip:)

Popster to Popster 4,950
On 10/27/2024 at 4:14 PM, Replay said:

There was some japanese leak that Said they changed single Because of leak but idk if that was Real :rip: (only leak we Had was girlfriend snippet, if they swapped lead over that… :rip:)

Spoiler

What I was told is GF or that unconfirmed Mustang snippet might've been the original lead. If they did change plans and go with Disease, it explains why physicals aren't ready and the video is probably still being edited. :c 

Popster for Sale 47,911
On 10/27/2024 at 9:14 PM, Replay said:

If they didnt for Stupid Love obviously they wouldnt for that tbh

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,713
On 10/27/2024 at 5:12 PM, XXXlop said:

I can't even enjoy the song anymore, because of the context. So much wasted potential.

I'm sad for ya. It's a banger. :oops:

Spoiler

Did Gaga answer yet? 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 17,627
On 10/27/2024 at 10:16 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Hide contents

What I was told is GF or that unconfirmed Mustang snippet might've been the original lead. If they did change plans and go with Disease, it explains why physicals aren't ready and the video is probably still being edited. :c 

But @TheDiseaseinChromaticawon CD in that competition and I think @Tati Cavala
said they are ready.

As for video i doubt they would drop teaser for this friday if it wasnt ready. Also director is currently in Paris, I assume she would be working with editors

Popster to Popster 4,713
On 10/27/2024 at 5:16 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Sounds like bs to me. Unless they did the typical Gaga "leak" on purpose to gage public response and it made zero noise. Which it kinda did. 

Spoiler

Why are we putting in spoilers? :icant:

Popster to Popster 4,950
On 10/27/2024 at 4:18 PM, Replay said:

But @TheDiseaseinChromaticawon CD in that competition and I think @Tati Cavala
said they are ready.

As for video i doubt they would drop teaser for this friday if it wasnt ready. Also director is currently in Paris, I assume she would be working with editors

Well, she just posted on Instagram and made sure to say Happy Halloween. Maybe the video is dropping Thursday night with physicals and merch to boost the song in its second week. I really have no clue what the strategy is here. 

Popstanne 8,600

The buzz single theory might look valid. 

Looking at her Joanne/Chromatica schedule, she launched the leads 1.5 months prior to album release and those were marketed as “new single by Lady Gaga”, but this time Disease came a whole 3.5/4 months before the album. Even the announcements seem very generic, the Venice pic says “LG7 first single” and last week she only posted “DISEASE 10.25” without even acknowledging the song belonging to the album (people outside stan world/who haven’t read her Vogue interview probably don’t have a clue she has a new album coming soon). 

Maybe it’s true that plans were changed after DWAS smashing/JFAD bombing and they did this to please us (they knew we were starving + she teased a lot starting from CBT release so it would have been weird to directly wait for January) but the proper era will only kick off in January closer to LG7 release? 

EDIT: this essay while she posted omg :icant:

Edited by Thrasher
  • lol 9

Popstanne 6,633

I truly don't understand how somebody of her caliber, one of the biggest popstar in the world, in a way or another always find herself in these disorganized and messy situations, it's truly astonishing to me.

I can even understand the situation during the 'Chromatica' era given the extraordinary circumstances, ROM was still released perfectly, but with this era, after almost 5 years, everything needed to be on point to the next level.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 8