Charts Discussion : DISEASE out now!

PanPikus

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/27/2024 at 10:01 AM, Gaga Banana said:

I kinda agree, I saw Billies last album doing better than her second despite the second having so many prior singles. I think Disease makes more sense inside LG7.

She should maybe drop a preview EP of her albums and then a full album later or something. That way fans will hear 3-5 songs from an album and can decide what’s strongest. I doubt fans would’ve chosen these last 3 or 4 lead singles from her. 

Popstanne 5,847

With discounts i hope we can get that #1 next week we again are gonna go below 200 points n that bar song will be around 220+

I hope radio supports us 

Edited by Ayobabylon

A Popster Is Born 10,888

I usually find all the meltdowns ridiculous but atp it feels like Gaga’s team WANTS us to melt down :bradley:

She should have never announced LG7 lead if there was no rollout for it, or they should have waited for DWAS and her other projects to lose some steam before starting a new era — her comeback era after four years, at that. Whatever strategy they are using is clearly not working… but at least the song is a masterpiece :toofunny:

• paws up 2
  • hugs 1
  • sad 1
  • thanks 4

ARTPOPster 1,227
On 10/27/2024 at 3:58 PM, XXXlop said:

From ATRL:

"Oh she's definitely losing stans (again).

You need to reciprocate effort to maintain an audience. No one wants a one-sided relationship with a silent entity.

We've tolerated a LONG a** wait for a new era with little silence from her end but it gets to a point where it becomes exhausting.

If something bad indeed happened behind the scenes, I hope she's okay but if this the actual roll-out? Nah, I'd completely understand why a stan would dip. Who would want to stan someone who treats their art like a chore regardless of how talented they are?"

Yeah, that’s pretty much how it feels 

• hugs 1

Popster to Popster 4,702
On 10/27/2024 at 11:02 AM, Andreu said:

SNL with DWAS and Disease wouldve been so perfect for this week

The Gaga intro for Bad Bunny at SNL was wierd. And during the SSOH mini era. Have we considered they don't want her? :enigma:

Pop-a-911-ster 31,534

POP

1. BIRDS OF A FEATHER: 14279 (-100) | 38.397 (-0.183) 

2. Espresso: 14272 (-92) | 39.387 (-0.041) 

(+2) Too Sweet: 12914 (+151) | 32.314 (+0.256) 

(-1) A Bar Song (Tipsy): 12780 (-96) | 32.872 (-0.165) 

(-1) Please Please Please: 12652 (-183) | 34.667 (-0.326) 

6. Die With a Smile: 11092 (+132) | 27.316 (+0.165) 

(+1) Taste: 10498 (+103) | 29.649 (+0.076) 

(-1) Good Luck, Babe!: 10477 (-138) | 30.677 (-0.585) 

9. I Can Do It With a Broken Heart: 10050 (+31) |20.597 (+0.066) 

10 (+2) Stargazing: 9993 (+172) | 24.734 (+0.702)

• paws up 4

I just don’t understand why Gaga’s team continues with these super traditional album rollouts. Release a visual album, a few songs at once, or come up with something. Releasing one song a few months before an album and expecting it to smash won’t work anymore. 

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,567
On 10/27/2024 at 11:58 AM, XXXlop said:

From ATRL:

"Oh she's definitely losing stans (again).

You need to reciprocate effort to maintain an audience. No one wants a one-sided relationship with a silent entity.

We've tolerated a LONG a** wait for a new era with little silence from her end but it gets to a point where it becomes exhausting.

If something bad indeed happened behind the scenes, I hope she's okay but if this the actual roll-out? Nah, I'd completely understand why a stan would dip. Who would want to stan someone who treats their art like a chore regardless of how talented they are?"

This is exactly how it is. And that is why stans are upset not because the song is bombing 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,702

Have we considered that they were expecting JFAD to do a lot of the heavy lifting, promo-wise, and she spent a large chunk of her promo budget on DWAS, thinking it was the best way to kick off her comeback?  Maybe they thought after Joker smashed, everything else would just keep rolling through the era? I know record companies usually only give artists a certain amount of money. And she spent her own on HQ and lost a bunch. 

Edited by Imtired1616
  • sad 1

Popster to Popster 4,702
On 10/27/2024 at 11:10 AM, GraceRandolph said:

Honestly she needs to release more frequently. Releasing a lead single every 4 years puts too much pressure on that song. 

She did release a lot. For someone doing movies, Vegas shows, a world tour, and has a sadomasochistic jazz fetish. 

• lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,450

The worst thing of all, is that the "comeback hype" is now gone, and was wasted for this. LG7 era has officially started with a major underperformance. And they did absolutely NOTHING.

5 years of waiting (after an already frustrating era), for THIS. Sorry, I love her, but she is starting to deserve this underperformance. You reap what you sow.

If she wasn't mentally prepared to start the LG7 era, she should have delayed it to next year. But deciding to start it in such a underwhelming way? After JFAD bomb? Is she serious about her career?

Is she aware, that with this stupid decisions and attitude from her side, she's jeoparadizing her career? 

Edited by XXXlop
  • sad 4
  • thanks 6