i mean even filtered stream is better than none

ezgif-3-87be1515fc.thumb.gif.68021bb2b2b

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popster for Sale 47,815
On 10/26/2024 at 1:38 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

This is good cause even if it tanks it might mean it can at least stabilise around the HMH/Government Hooker 140k+ level rather than like 40-80k like Stupid Love and Sour Candy cause it’ll have all the TikTok edits :flutter:

I think so too! It's also interesting how on a lot of the videos with this sound people are asking about the music video. Seems like the hype is there, maybe there is some merit to the strategy of making people wait a bit. Then it should help on tiktok as well. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,826
x3

Disease: Why Lady Gaga's comeback hits the spot

The pop star has returned with a bombastic new song, the first single from her upcoming sixth album, harking back to her origins. But it also chimes with the current musical landscape.

As a general rule, great pop stars set trends, whereas slightly less great pop stars chase them. But Lady Gaga's supremely satisfying new single Disease, which was released today as the first taster from her upcoming sixth album, highlights a notable exception to his rule. Sometimes great pop stars disregard trends and concentrate on doing what made them great in the first place. 

Disease stands out at three minutes and 51 seconds, a notably long runtime for a pop song in the TikTok and streaming era, where shorter songs are favored. Defying this trend, Disease embraces Gaga's bold, maximalist style, reminiscent of her hits from the late 2000s and early 2010s. With a powerful chorus, catchy vocal hooks, and dramatic lyrics, the song recalls her The Fame Monster era, especially tracks like Bad Romance.

(...)

Because Gaga has never rooted her appeal in trying to be "relatable", there's no reason why Gen Z music fans can't get behind her bold, brilliant brand of pop maximalism alongside her older followers

(...)

At 38, Gaga has crossed the point at which female artists can find their opportunities limited by a toxic combination of misogyny and ageism. Over the summer, this definitely infested Katy Perry's unsuccessful attempt to regain her early 2010s chart supremacy, though Perry's comeback was mainly sunk by her substandard material and clumsy attempt to weld an unconvincing feminist message to her album's disastrous lead single Woman's World.

But given that she's currently riding high in the charts with her lovely Bruno Mars duet Die with a Smile, heritage act status doesn't seem to be beckoning yet. Crucially, because Gaga has never rooted her appeal in trying to be "relatable", there's no reason why Gen Z music fans can't get behind her bold, brilliant brand of pop maximalism alongside her older followers who have been invested from the start. When she sings "I could be your antidote tonight" on Disease, it feels like a statement of intent – Gaga is back, blandness be gone.

BBC

• paws up 4
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 12
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 10,833
On 10/26/2024 at 8:40 AM, little legend said:

Disease: Why Lady Gaga's comeback hits the spot

The pop star has returned with a bombastic new song, the first single from her upcoming sixth album, harking back to her origins. But it also chimes with the current musical landscape.

As a general rule, great pop stars set trends, whereas slightly less great pop stars chase them. But Lady Gaga's supremely satisfying new single Disease, which was released today as the first taster from her upcoming sixth album, highlights a notable exception to his rule. Sometimes great pop stars disregard trends and concentrate on doing what made them great in the first place. 

Disease stands out at three minutes and 51 seconds, a notably long runtime for a pop song in the TikTok and streaming era, where shorter songs are favored. Defying this trend, Disease embraces Gaga's bold, maximalist style, reminiscent of her hits from the late 2000s and early 2010s. With a powerful chorus, catchy vocal hooks, and dramatic lyrics, the song recalls her The Fame Monster era, especially tracks like Bad Romance.

(...)

Because Gaga has never rooted her appeal in trying to be "relatable", there's no reason why Gen Z music fans can't get behind her bold, brilliant brand of pop maximalism alongside her older followers

(...)

At 38, Gaga has crossed the point at which female artists can find their opportunities limited by a toxic combination of misogyny and ageism. Over the summer, this definitely infested Katy Perry's unsuccessful attempt to regain her early 2010s chart supremacy, though Perry's comeback was mainly sunk by her substandard material and clumsy attempt to weld an unconvincing feminist message to her album's disastrous lead single Woman's World.

But given that she's currently riding high in the charts with her lovely Bruno Mars duet Die with a Smile, heritage act status doesn't seem to be beckoning yet. Crucially, because Gaga has never rooted her appeal in trying to be "relatable", there's no reason why Gen Z music fans can't get behind her bold, brilliant brand of pop maximalism alongside her older followers who have been invested from the start. When she sings "I could be your antidote tonight" on Disease, it feels like a statement of intent – Gaga is back, blandness be gone.

BBC

:receipts:

• paws up 1
  • lol 2

Popstanne 5,800
On 10/26/2024 at 6:10 PM, little legend said:

bombastic new song, the first single from her upcoming sixth album

Omg stupid love finally getting the love 

ARTPOPster 1,283
On 10/26/2024 at 1:40 PM, little legend said:

the first single from her upcoming sixth album

Remember in the UK this technically is her sixth studio album as The Fame Monster is a re-release of The Fame only here.

Popster to Popster 3,319

I've just found that Stupid Love did 4.4M in its second day on Spotify. I don't think that Disease would do less in its first day than stupid love 2nd day

The decrease was of -22% / -23% in its second day. 

For comparison DWAS did 4.3M so a -5.5%

ARTPOPster 2,113
On 10/26/2024 at 2:46 PM, little legend said:

i DIDNT WRITE THE ARTICLE:bigbird:

you should have corrected it before posting ofc :bigbird:

jkjk :laughga:

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,829
On 10/26/2024 at 3:48 PM, ReadyGaga said:

I've just found that Stupid Love did 4.4M in its second day on Spotify. I don't think that Disease would do less in its first day than stupid love 2nd day

The decrease was of -22% / -23% in its second day. 

For comparison DWAS did 4.3M so a -5.5%

Stupid Love had an excellent debut considering it was 4 years ago and we are predicting the same debut for Disease. With Spotify's growth taken into account, Disease should be doing 7m+ to outmatch Stupid Love debut.

Popster for Sale 47,815
On 10/26/2024 at 1:52 PM, Azor Ahai said:

Stupid Love had an excellent debut considering it was 4 years ago and we are predicting the same debut for Disease. With Spotify's growth taken into account, Disease should be doing 7m+ to outmatch Stupid Love debut.

I think people are underestimating the effect a music video has on first day streams, to get people on social media talking. I think the debut will be smaller because of this - but I'm sure the mv will be a lot better than SL and will be worth the wait. 

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 13,322
On 10/26/2024 at 1:40 PM, OreoDisease said:

I think so too! It's also interesting how on a lot of the videos with this sound people are asking about the music video. Seems like the hype is there, maybe there is some merit to the strategy of making people wait a bit. Then it should help on tiktok as well. 

I think it’s gonna be hard for them to navigate this song free falling tbh just with how bombastic it is, the homosexual appeal, Gaga’s age. TikTok is its best bet as well as the MV being excellent.

On 10/26/2024 at 1:52 PM, Azor Ahai said:

I honestly think Spotify has changed though - songs rarely debut now with HUGE playlisting, and they don’t get put at #1 on TTH. I don’t think DWAS has gotten anywhere near ROMs playlist peak for example. 

they’ve become more autoplay focused and they try to encourage longevity instead and playlist push over the first week 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,319
On 10/26/2024 at 2:52 PM, Azor Ahai said:

I consider 7m+ a too high and optimistic prediction, imho the range of 4.250M-4.9M is our higher hope 

Popster to Popster 3,506
On 10/26/2024 at 9:55 AM, ReadyGaga said:

I consider 7m+ a too high and optimistic prediction, imho the range of 4.250M-4.9M is our higher hope 

It was bad for us

Popster for Sale 47,815
On 10/26/2024 at 1:57 PM, ReadyGaga said:

For sure the youtube total result of 3.4 views is important cause the bare minium is 3M on Spotify  (300k if you are a french cat )

It did like 2M on it's first 24 hours though. And the spotify update is just 20 hours.