Charts Discussion : DISEASE out now!

PanPikus

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Popster Is Born 12,722

Finally reached the last page :peacega:

GodGa delivered, the beat is banging, the growls are fantastic, the song is loud but not from the vocals side, no unnecessary screaming this time :applause:

I liked it at first listen but wasn't totally sold, but on my way to work, listening in the car on speakers, it completely pulled me, this is a banger!  

Need the video to be released today 6pm european time just like ROM, till then streaming on repeat :darkmode:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 3

Pop-a-911-ster 28,901
x2

What are all the reviews so far? Clash, independent and the OGH one right?

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 2,105
On 10/25/2024 at 10:34 AM, OreoDisease said:
  Hide contents

Lustful, salacious, and industrial, 'Disease' joins together body and machine in the most seamless fashion since Fritz Lang in his pomp.

All heavy breathing, surging cries, and pride, 'Disease' lifts the electronics from her Chromatica era and builds some Brutalist architecture around it. In places, it's jet black, thrilling to the bizarre, the remote, the incompatible. Yet it's also a striking pop song – in places, the directness is punk-like in its energy, while the killer chorus ranks with some of LG's best.

So, is this the first chord of LG7…? We were promised a pop record, and this certainly chimes with that boast – yet it's pop in Lady Gaga's own vision. A recent viral clip of a then-unknown pop icon performing to a spartan crowd reminded CLASH just how vital her rise felt, and how strange those initial hits actually were. It was complex, queer-coded, and difficult for outsiders to untangle. Somehow, it infected the world.

'Disease' is the next variant of her contagion. In tapping back into her roots, Lady Gaga seems to have found pop renewal, amid a clanking, mechanised, tech-fuelled landscape. Gazing beyond the culture bleakness of a pop-pandemic world, she might just be the chaotic cure.

Our mark?

9/10

Clash 

Huge :dean_scream:

Popster for Sale 44,944
On 10/25/2024 at 9:36 AM, Matteo Remondi said:

iTunes:

#1 Brazil

#2 Australia

#2 Netherlands

#2 Philippines

#2 Spain

#3 Finland

#3 italy

#4 Canada

#4 Norway

#4 Turkey

@Miaou look!

Pop-a-911-ster 28,901
x2
On 10/25/2024 at 9:43 AM, Miaou said:

tag me for the first AM updates :overit:

I predict a cute 3.8M streams debut on Spotify 

3.5m prediction from me but second day increase hopefully if the music video makes BUZZ

Pop-a-911-ster 29,725
x3
On 10/25/2024 at 10:42 AM, Daddy said:

I expected ore but if we have nice longevity then first day numbers dont really matter