Charts Discussion : DISEASE out now!

PanPikus

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/28/2024 at 2:57 PM, Leptine said:

We all know that an EDM song in 2024 would have not smashed instantly, that is why the song needed a totally different approach, TikTok promo of her with the song and video instantly.

The problem is with the rock/grunge sound, not the electropop sound. Brat, an electropop album, was the defining hit of the summer.

A Popster Is Born 17,663
On 10/28/2024 at 2:02 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

The problem is with the rock/grunge sound, not the electropop sound. Brat, an electropop album, was the defining hit of the summer.

Well brat also needed tiktok trend

On 10/28/2024 at 2:25 PM, ViviLittleM said:

just read a french comment about disease on tiktok the guy saying he's feeling like he's being yelled at :icant:

Exactly. I started listening to the song with high hopes and then the chorus kicked in:ohyes: Not ScreamGa again:eyega:

A Popster Is Born 19,781
On 10/28/2024 at 9:37 AM, ViviLittleM said:

from atrl:

GUYS!!!

i listened to RTL RADIO and the Moderator said she cannot wait till October 2025. Cause Gaga will come for ONE date to BERLIN!

SO TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT IS DEFINETLY COMING!!!!!

but only one Date. Maybe it was a hint at all the cities on Disease Single announcement?!

One date … :toofunny:

ARTPOPster 2,212

Please pray with me that gaga is smart and will drop the video today because waiting to drop a Halloween song on Halloween day itself is just so wrong :bradley:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,852
On 10/28/2024 at 4:03 PM, Gagalvaro said:

I think they want to focus on DWAS getting the #1 and start with the mv and promo for Disease this Friday when the tracking week is over

Then they should've just released the song next week :bigbird:

The Fame Popster 362
On 10/28/2024 at 2:05 PM, Gypsy Life said:

They didn’t predict DWAS would go #1 this week after two months and already promised us the lead on October. 
I’m pretty sure that if they didn’t post the LG7 single october post on IG they would have delayed the release until next week.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,924
On 10/28/2024 at 10:08 AM, Gagalvaro said:

They didn’t predict DWAS would go #1 this week after two months and already promised us the lead on October. 
I’m pretty sure that if they didn’t post the LG7 single october post on IG they would have delayed the release until next week.

already promised us the lead on October

yep I think she released because of this

A Popster Is Born 17,663
On 10/28/2024 at 2:08 PM, Gagalvaro said:

True but Then they could have delayed DWAS vinyls to next week not to Disease week

Edited by Replay

Popster to Popster 3,588
On 10/28/2024 at 10:08 AM, Gagalvaro said:

She could’ve just announced Disease last Thursday or Friday and release this week instead that way she could’ve still fulfilled her promise in a way and avoid clashing both songs on the charts. Either way, this goes on to show that her team has not learned one bit about charts tactics cause look at how her comeback single is bombing everywhere 

Pop-a-911-ster 35,843

a reminder that Gaga is fine with her possibly snatching a new #1 16 years into her career and having the biggest streaming smash of 2024 and since Flowers 

spacer.png

• paws up 2

ARTPOPster 1,498
On 10/28/2024 at 9:05 PM, Gypsy Life said:

I bet she only released the song bc she promised us on her IG post.:laughga:

Popstanne 6,666
On 10/28/2024 at 2:03 PM, Gagalvaro said:

I think they want to focus on DWAS getting the #1 and start with the mv and promo for Disease this Friday when the tracking week is over

To me this 'strategy' still doesn't make sense, especially when we're in a music landscape when you can have multiple hits at time, 'Disease' wouldn't have debuted #1 anyway and if anything who is going to buy vinyls-cds would have bought and support both songs anyway, they should have aimed for DWAS to reach #1 and 'Disease' the top10, by doing this the risk is to let the song immediately die with no chance of recover.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2