Charts Discussion : DISEASE out now!

PanPikus

A Popster Is Born 17,656
On 10/28/2024 at 11:49 AM, Swallow said:

Not some of you complaining about them pushing DWAS to #1 :rip:

As if an iTunes discount means they wont be able to push Disease too.

All they need to do is release the DWAS filmed performance to YouTube and keep advertising the discounts. Meanwhile release the Disease video with physicals copies today.

Two songs can coexist in the same week!!

I think criticism was based on idea that they pushed Disease just for this, if they sitll promote it it’s fine. But wasting debut week just Because they scheduled vinyls same week Is ridiculous 

• thanks 2

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pop-a-911-ster 43,163
On 10/28/2024 at 6:58 AM, Leptine said:

I refuse to think that it's already over for 'Disease' :dead:

Still really excited for the music video :giveup: I have faith that the video will be really amazing, enough to save some sort of chart performance? Who knows but I do feel like Gaga is gonna serve a great music video with pretty great choreography 

• yaas, gaga 1

Popstanne 6,660
On 10/28/2024 at 12:00 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Still really excited for the music video :giveup: I have faith that the video will be really amazing, enough to save some sort of chart performance? Who knows but I do feel like Gaga is gonna serve a great music video with pretty great choreography 

Which makes me even more frustrated from a side because at this time the video and choreo could have went viral on TikTok already :gunga:

Popstanne 5,859
On 10/28/2024 at 3:35 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

the MV will of course give the song a boost and improve the streams, but songs are hits based on people listening to them not when its being promoted, casuals need to want to re-listen 
I can definitely see this being another version of SL/TC, with its best success in UK and Aus @Ayobabylon

It won't be a Big hit for sure but I hope tiktok 360fy it atleast

Lg7 needs a hit to do 30+ woc in billboard otherwise we are pulling a witness or even worse

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 17,656
On 10/28/2024 at 11:05 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

the MV will of course give the song a boost and improve the streams, but songs are hits based on people listening to them not when its being promoted, casuals need to want to re-listen 
I can definitely see this being another version of SL/TC, with its best success in UK and Aus @Ayobabylon

Point of Promo is to get ppl familiar with it. levitating by dua lipa was bombing despite tth and several remixes… until it randomly took of on tiktok (after months of tiktok endorsement) and became biggest song of the year. If she just droppped Shallow with no movie Promo or whatsoever it would also bomb. Acting Like day 2 fall is giving overall gp reception and rejection is just giving worms for brains

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

Popster This Way 636
On 10/28/2024 at 12:04 PM, Miaou said:

I also can't believe Perfect Illusion will look like a smash in the US next to Disease :dead:

The fact that Perfect Illusion still had enough pull to sell 100k copies pure in one week (with no physicals) while digital sales were already DYING and selling over 100k was starting to get really rare. :dead: 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,326
On 10/28/2024 at 12:13 PM, Supersonic said:

The fact that Perfect Illusion still had enough pull to sell 100k copies pure in one week (with no physicals) while digital sales were already DYING and selling over 100k was starting to get really rare. :dead: 

In late 2016 digital sales were dying but their impact on charts was reletable to the spotify one + monsters were a fandom that was totally migrated from pure sales to streaming only in 2018 (after The Cure/ASIB) 

A Popster Is Born 13,400
On 10/28/2024 at 11:12 AM, Replay said:

Point of Promo is to get ppl familiar with it. levitating by dua lipa was bombing despite tth and several remixes… until it randomly took of on tiktok (after months of tiktok endorsement) and became biggest song of the year. If she just droppped Shallow with no movie Promo or whatsoever it would also bomb. Acting Like day 2 fall is giving overall gp reception and rejection is just giving worms for brains

i do think disease is concerning though regardless of promo... levitating didnt fall 20 spots the next day :katy: there's got to be signs people like the song in some capacity otherwise youre just pushing a dead horse - we'll see what happens in the UK on streaming in the next week.

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09

Popstanne 5,859
On 10/28/2024 at 4:46 PM, Replay said:

If DWAS didn’t have a video it would also probably collapse 2nd day, that doesn’t mean ppl didn’t Like it 

DWAS would smash regardless of the music video its not like songs need mv anymore many songs smash without a mv 

Popstanne 5,859
On 10/28/2024 at 4:42 PM, Replay said:

LEVITATING is an absolute light hearted tongue rider u cant possibly compare it to a rough sounding dark song like Disease 

Popstanne 5,859

A mv might give it a cute top 15 peak boost this week but in a no way it will cause it to smash its all on tiktok now if they start a successful trend on its audio it can be saved

A Popster Is Born 17,656
On 10/28/2024 at 12:20 PM, Ayobabylon said:

DWAS would smash regardless of the music video its not like songs need mv anymore many songs smash without a mv 

Yeah but its natural song drops second day DWAS Had viral video moment that Made it viral instantly without that it would collapse second day and monstrosities would act Like ppl rejected the song :rip: