Top Posters In This Topic

A Popster Is Born 17,924
On 10/28/2024 at 11:36 AM, Emi said:

Don’t reinit the same topic please :eyega:

i wasnt here when twas discussed :katy:

A Popster Is Born 17,635
On 10/28/2024 at 2:28 AM, OreoDisease said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So guys, let me preface this by saying it's been a fun couple of years. I was so looking forward to Gaga going back to her roots and I have to say I'm very happy that she did. This song is a banger, and I'm very excited for the album. I have for a long time felt like sometimes my presence on fan-forums has been somewhat akin to an addiction in some ways - it might sound dramatic, but since covid hit and I've been working on my masters thesis and then phd it's just too available for me to go online and endlessly refresh for new posts and whatnot. Now I sit here and I realize that even as a fan it doesn't serve me anymore because as I've said Gaga as released one of her best songs in the last decade and instead of being happy about it I'm frustrated by the whole situation of the fanbase and whatnot- which feels absurd to me. If I sound dramatic it's probably just because I am. But anyway I think it's better for me to just go on the subreddit once in a while and just leave it at there. I'll probably still remain a chartser at heart checking kworb and spotify charts and whatnot but I feel like I get a bit too consumed with fan-forums lately to the point where it influences my mood irl.

So because of that I'll quit going on here for the time being. I actually would like to request @admin or some mod to ban my account please, but I'm probably also blocking the website. I can already imagine the jokes about "Disease bombed so hard people are banning themselves", I even chuckled writing this :icant: but trust me it's less about that and more about feeling like I became a bit addicted to the constant serotonin boost of chart updates and posts and endless discussion, and the rollercoaster that brings. 

Anyway, I have really had some incredible times with y'all and if anyone wants to keep in touch with me you can find me @zcasx on instagram. Hope y'all have a wonderfull life! I'm sure LG7 era is going to be great even if imperfect. 

TL;DR: I'm deleting my account, thank you all for the fun times! :prideheart:

Will miss you :prideheart: i should probably do the same :katy:

• love 2

A Popster Is Born 13,122
On 10/28/2024 at 6:29 AM, Replay said:

Same here tbh, was thinking about this a lot recently. I already left the couple of Messenger and Discord  fan groups I belong to because there were too much negativity there, which kinda took my hype and love for her stuff away. Thinking about leaving forums too for living LG7 era just like I lived TF, TFM and BTW at the time.

Oreo will be missed :prideheart:

Edited by Moonlight Shadow
  • hugs 1
  • love 2

Pop-a-911-ster 20,257
On 10/28/2024 at 6:29 AM, Replay said:

On 10/28/2024 at 6:39 AM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Same here tbh, was thinking about this a lot recently. I already left the couple of Messenger and Discord g fan groups I belong to because there were too much negativity there, which kinda took my hype and love for her stuff away. Thinking about leaving forums too for living LG era just like I lived TF, TFM and BTW at the time.

Now, Legends, do what’s best for you but if you do leave, please find me on IG @pddarko.

:gaga-thanks:

@OreoDisease I followed you on IG.

• hugs 2
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 20,257
On 10/28/2024 at 6:40 AM, Replay said:

So considering they discounted DWAS does it mean they will focus on that this week and delay Disease to next one?:katy:

Yup, I’m sure she will release the video on Thursday, maybe will hype it on Wednesday along with merch and physicals. 

A Popster Is Born 17,635
On 10/28/2024 at 6:44 AM, DonnieDarko said:

Yup, I’m sure she will release the video on Thursday, maybe will hype it on Wednesday along with merch and physicals. 

What was the point of Oct 25 release then :katy:

Popster This Way 539
On 10/28/2024 at 1:39 AM, FRANZGA said:

DISEASE is so good today :giveup:

I hosted 30 ppl tonight for a party and played Disease 3 times lmao.. everyone was bopping 3 ppl even asked me if this is Gaga. Now I'm bopping alone after the party to it lol

Edited by Sun

Pop-a-911-ster 20,257
On 10/28/2024 at 6:46 AM, Replay said:

Maybe they couldn’t move it? Or maybe they weren’t sure if DWAS would be able to fight for the #1. We were thinking the same just last week that it’s virtually impossible. They announced it back in September as a October release so I guess they had to push through with October.

Edited by DonnieDarko

Popster This Way 539
On 10/28/2024 at 1:39 AM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Same here tbh, was thinking about this a lot recently. I already left the couple of Messenger and Discord g fan groups I belong to because there were too much negativity there, which kinda took my hype and love for her stuff away. Thinking about leaving forums too for living LG era just like I lived TF, TFM and BTW at the time.

It's sad how many good OGs are thinking of dipping out. So have I. Maybe those who have been so negative might see how off-putting they are when they choose to torture themselves with borderline masochism everyday in this thread. 

• love 1

Popster to Popster 4,956
On 10/28/2024 at 12:46 AM, Replay said:

Yeah, it really makes no sense. I understand them wanting to help give longevity to the song and not having another SL situation where the song plummets after its first week, but I don't think the mv will create enough noise to make Disease increase in its second week. They should have just sucked it up and dropped everything at once. I feel with physicals and the mv, a debut of #8-13 on the BH100 would've been possible. This totally reminds me on when her team waited 10+ days to drop the Perfect Illusion mv instead of waiting until it was ready to release the song with it. 

Edited by ConnorFilm
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 17,635
On 10/28/2024 at 6:51 AM, DonnieDarko said:

Maybe they couldn’t move it? Or maybe they weren’t sure if DWAS would be able to fight for the #1. We were thinking the same just last week that it’s virtually impossible. They announced it back in September as a October release so I guess they had to push through with October.

They could have moved vinyls to next week. Doing Halloween single and then pushing Promo after Halloween makes no sense :katy: Also I would rather have Disease debut top5/10 than DWAS go #1 :katy:

• paws up 1