• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pop-a-911-ster 27,772
On 10/27/2024 at 2:49 PM, XXXlop said:

From Atrl: :bradley:

babylonhooker on GGD: 

"I'm sorry but I have to break it to y'all. I don't want to add fuel to the fire but I've received some bad news about this horrible situation

Lady Gaga and her team are having some problems and drama with the MV. 

She doesn't like the color of the video, and some editing. She wants them to edit the video again. The situation's so bad that she wants to scrap it entirely at some points. it's getting serious. that's why she is silent and it's not normal as y'all think, the team is in shambles. It's just very sad at this point. and yup, the mv was filmed on Iphone 16. they ruined the MV"

Source? No music video? I expected 2 views so now I guess I expect 1 view

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,951

I just don't get it. As much as we hated the Chromatica era, Bobby and her team did do things right with the single releases. 

Stupid Love had a ton of social media posts, a music video on the day of release, decent playlist reach on Spotify, an Apple partnership, etc. ROM had promo with companies like Amazon Music, tons of social media engagement from Ari and Gaga, music video the day of release, solid playlist support on streaming, etc.

All we have is solid playlist support on Spotify and an admittedly cool radio deal. Where's the social media engagement tho? Where's the cds and physicals on her website? Where are the TikTok posts? Where is the damn music video? This is all so bizarre. 

Disease could have gone #8-10 on the BH100 had she dropped the video, released physicals and engaged with fans on social media. Why couldn't they have replicated the same rollout that SL had? The fact that SL leaked a month in advance and wasn't beloved by the fanbase but still went #5 is insane to me. ESPECIALLY since Disease didn't leak and is far more well-received than that song from the fanbase. You'd think it would be doing better, but she's so promo sensitive that she needs all the help that SL got in its first week.

Maybe they're wanting to drop content bit by bit to boost the song, but they're honestly sacrificing a solid debut on Billboard with this strategy. Many will disagree with me, but I would rather have a song go 8-28-45-76-OUT then just sit in the 20s-40s range on Billboard for 10 weeks. Like, she's so close to 20 top 10 hits and it's so weird to see her team fumble like this, especially since it's only going to get harder for her to get hit singles the older she gets. 

I just hope a bunch of promo is coming because so far? I don't feel excited about LG7. Why should I when her team is so quiet and nonchalant about everything? You get what you put in, and interscope and her team are not putting in nearly enough effort to get me excited about the album. If this is how they're going to play this era, they can honestly just drop the album and not even try to get hits off it. 

Hit songs aren't everything, but doing well impacts how much of a budget she's given for projects in the future, how much support her record label will give her, etc. If it wasn't for DWAS, I would frankly be very worried about her future in the pop music scene. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 7

Popster to Popster 4,951

And for the record, I will support her no matter what, and I L O V E the new song. This isn't about being obsessed with charts. It's about the fundamental mismanagement of her career. /rantover

Edited by ConnorFilm
  • paws up 2
  • hugs 3
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 35,713

I think she will drop the MV this Thursday for Halloween 

my only explication is that they want to test a new strategy to avoid her usual frontloaded commercial performance 

• lol 2

A Popster Is Born 12,785
On 10/27/2024 at 10:01 PM, Gaga Banana said:

I expect softer drops/stability after the Saturday collapse on Spotify update of Sunday. I almost got a heart attack with these -115 on some European Spotify charts. 

:lesson:

Let’s pray it stays in Top50 WW tmr tbh :bebe:

• paws up 2
  • hugs 1

Popster to Popster 4,951
On 10/27/2024 at 4:00 PM, Fame Romance said:

Amazon Music UK: 

#37(+2) Disease 

Moving to the UK as we speak tbh. The gays and gp have far better taste. America can rot. spacer.png

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1
  • lol 1

ARTPOPster 2,205
On 10/27/2024 at 5:03 PM, ConnorFilm said:

America can rot

November 5 can't come soon enough I guess :laughga:

On 10/27/2024 at 9:56 PM, ConnorFilm said:

I just don't get it. As much as we hated the Chromatica era, Bobby and her team did do things right with the single releases. 

Stupid Love had a ton of social media posts, a music video on the day of release, decent playlist reach on Spotify, an Apple partnership, etc. ROM had promo with companies like Amazon Music, tons of social media engagement from Ari and Gaga, music video the day of release, solid playlist support on streaming, etc.

All we have is solid playlist support on Spotify and an admittedly cool radio deal. Where's the social media engagement tho? Where's the cds and physicals on her website? Where are the TikTok posts? Where is the damn music video? This is all so bizarre. 

Disease could have gone #8-10 on the BH100 had she dropped the video, released physicals and engaged with fans on social media. Why couldn't they have replicated the same rollout that SL had? The fact that SL leaked a month in advance and wasn't beloved by the fanbase but still went #5 is insane to me. ESPECIALLY since Disease didn't leak and is far more well-received than that song from the fanbase. You'd think it would be doing better, but she's so promo sensitive that she needs all the help that SL got in its first week.

Maybe they're wanting to drop content bit by bit to boost the song, but they're honestly sacrificing a solid debut on Billboard with this strategy. Many will disagree with me, but I would rather have a song go 8-28-45-76-OUT then just sit in the 20s-40s range on Billboard for 10 weeks. Like, she's so close to 20 top 10 hits and it's so weird to see her team fumble like this, especially since it's only going to get harder for her to get hit singles the older she gets. 

I just hope a bunch of promo is coming because so far? I don't feel excited about LG7. Why should I when her team is so quiet and nonchalant about everything? You get what you put in, and interscope and her team are not putting in nearly enough effort to get me excited about the album. If this is how they're going to play this era, they can honestly just drop the album and not even try to get hits off it. 

Hit songs aren't everything, but doing well impacts how much of a budget she's given for projects in the future, how much support her record label will give her, etc. If it wasn't for DWAS, I would frankly be very worried about her future in the pop music scene. 

something about this release just seems really off, like either Gaga actually wanted to delay the release/didn't want this song as a single or there is some behind the scenes stuff going on that we don't know about.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,951
On 10/27/2024 at 4:06 PM, artgagapop said:

something about this release just seems really off, like either Gaga actually wanted to delay the release/didn't want this song as a single or there is some behind the scenes stuff going on that we don't know about.

Someone I trust said this video was shot in early October, so plans def changed for the lead because she already shot a video over the summer. I def think there's a bunch of drama going on behind the scenes. 

• shook 1
  • sad 1

Popstanne 6,635
On 10/27/2024 at 9:56 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Your points are valid, also how is this supposed to serve longevity in the middle of Xmas freeze, if anything given the time of release they should have went all in to give it a big debut during this Halloween week.

It's honestly concerning how this release is being managed, this should have been treated like a big event after 4 years and a half from her last release.

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 17,627
On 10/27/2024 at 10:07 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Someone I trust said this video was shot in early October, so plans def changed for the lead because she already shot a video over the summer. I def think there's a bunch of drama going on behind the scenes. 

Isn’t that based on Promo images being shoot in October? Maybe Promo shoot isn’t part of mv?

Popster to Popster 4,951
On 10/27/2024 at 4:09 PM, Leptine said:

Your points are valid, also how is this supposed to serve longevity in the middle of Xmas freeze, if anything given the time of release they should have went all in to give it a big debut during this Halloween week.

It's honestly concerning how this release is being managed, this should have been treated like a big event after 4 years and a half from her last release.

DWAS honestly felt more like her pop comeback than this did. Gaga was posting on TikTok, the music video dropped the same day of release, Bruno and her were posting on social media. This feels more like a buzz single right now. 

• paws up 2
  • sad 1
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,474
On 10/27/2024 at 10:07 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Then don't start the era, if it's not ready for release! Like OMG, 5 years waiting for just another half-baked era.

I'd rather complain about her postponing the era, than complain about having a flop era on arrival because of this mismanagement.

I can't even enjoy the song anymore, because of the context. So much wasted potential. And this time she won't be able to fix it. The damage is already done. She's jeoparadizing her own career.

Edited by XXXlop
  • paws up 1
  • sad 1

Popster to Popster 4,951
On 10/27/2024 at 4:10 PM, Replay said:

Isn’t that based on Promo images being shoot in October? Maybe Promo shoot isn’t part of mv?

I'm not sure. I was just told the video was shot in LA earlier this month and her team had requested pieces of clothing and fashion for the video shoot, including a spiked ball chain necklace that you can kind of see her wearing in her pfp with the rainbow across her face.