Charts Discussion : DISEASE out now!

PanPikus

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popster to Popster 4,943

SL did great in its first week because it was a fun, light pop song. It also came off the heels of her massive ASIB era, which was def a career resurgence. This is coming off DWAS already smashing and basically being her comeback and a movie that was panned and a massive flop. I think the hype of her returning to pop was dampened by DWAS. I don't see this song doing anything outside of Europe. It also doesn't help that she is so damn silent. No excitement on social media, no MV, no physicals or cds. How can you expect people to be excited when you aren't showing your own excitement for the project? 

• paws up 2
  • sad 1
  • thanks 1

She needs to serve a dark sleek sexy expensive-sounding bop with pleasant vocals (something like "Heavy Metal Lover," "Alejandro" or "Monster"). Releasing a song with loud jarring vocals and the rock/grunge chorus as the first single was a mistake. 

This one is very nice. I could see it blowing up on TikTok. I saw people trying to make edits with "The Substance" and "Disease," but the song doesn't fit the vibe of that movie at all. 

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

On 10/27/2024 at 7:14 PM, ConnorFilm said:

SL did great in its first week because it was a fun, light pop song. It also came off the heels of her massive ASIB era, which was def a career resurgence. This is coming off DWAS already smashing and basically being her comeback and a movie that was panned and a massive flop. I think the hype of her returning to pop was dampened by DWAS. I don't see this song doing anything outside of Europe. It also doesn't help that she is so damn silent. No excitement on social media, no MV, no physicals or cds. How can you expect people to be excited when you aren't showing your own excitement for the project? 

The problem is that this song is not doing anything even in Europe... 

• paws up 2
  • shook 1
  • sad 2
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,707
On 10/27/2024 at 1:14 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Cause she's not excited. Duh. I don't think she wanted to stick with the October release date. Makes sense. 

Popster to Popster 4,943
On 10/27/2024 at 12:18 PM, Imtired1616 said:

Cause she's not excited. Duh. I don't think she wanted to stick with the October release date. Makes sense. 

I would've rather her waited until next year to start the era if she wasn't going to engage with fans, push the song, ramp up excitement about the era. I don't get it. 

• thanks 3

The MV Situation hurt it a lot, way more than I thought it would. Gaga is the visual artist of her generation. I don’t like these Beyonce antics. The lyric video is not doing even 500k daily views now. With these streams on Spotify and YT, I have no idea where Disease will land on global charts. It even fell in Australia Spotify where most songs rise on second day, even the ones doing bad.

We can aim for top30 debut in US/UK and chart debuts in the rest countries.

• paws up 1
  • sad 1

Its AM performance is simply awful. 

76    -14    
Lady Gaga - Disease

I don't think that it will debut in the top 20. "It's ok I'm ok" had the same trajectory on Spotify, but its US numbers were much better, and it was in the AM top 20 for a coupe of days. 

Pop-a-911-ster 29,796
On 10/27/2024 at 2:27 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Its AM performance is simply awful. 

76    -14    
Lady Gaga - Disease

I don't think that it will debut in the top 20. "It's ok I'm ok" had the same trajectory on Spotify, but its US numbers were much better, and it was in the AM top 20 for a coupe of days. 

Talk of the charts is saying Top 25 debut with current numbers 

On 10/27/2024 at 12:21 PM, ConnorFilm said:

I would've rather her waited until next year to start the era if she wasn't going to engage with fans, push the song, ramp up excitement about the era. I don't get it. 

Maybe they plan on pushing the album as a whole next year? Idk but it’s clear that they need to change strategies going forward. I think dropping albums all at once might be the thing going forward. 

Popster to Popster 4,943
On 10/27/2024 at 12:29 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Current predictions from TalkOfTheCharts: spacer.png

Let's just be grateful the chart points are so weak right now because if she dropped this earlier in the year with the same promo (or lack of) strategy? We would be looking at a top 40 debut. :giveup:

Edited by ConnorFilm
  • hugs 1
  • thanks 2

On 10/27/2024 at 7:29 PM, Emi said:

Talk of the charts is saying Top 25 debut with current numbers 

Let's hope that it will somehow stabilize on Apple Music because it might not even debut in the top 30 if it keeps dropping at such a dramatic rate.  

Pop-a-911-ster 35,711

If the drop continues tomorrow and the following days not even a top 40 is happening 

Edited by Miaou
  • paws up 1
  • shook 2

ARTPOPster 2,202
On 10/27/2024 at 1:29 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Current predictions from TalkOfTheCharts: spacer.png

The same debut and peak position of Not Myself Tonight by Xtina - it's interesting because she was accused of copying Gaga back in 2010, of her song being a retread, and now that since 2020 we've had tons of dark pop albums, Gaga finds herself in a similar position with that sound. Shallow and ASIB really did save her charts-wise

• lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,285
On 10/27/2024 at 6:32 PM, Miaou said:

If the drop continues tomorrow and the following days not even a top 40 is happening 

the drop will continue if they do nothing