Charts Discussion : DISEASE out now!

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 29,922
x3
On 10/27/2024 at 1:17 PM, artgagapop said:

Throwback to the only single release by her that have felt like an actualt EVENT since applause: 

an event that lasted a week:bradley:

• paws up 2

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ARTPOPster 1,439
On 10/27/2024 at 1:24 PM, Leptine said:

Regardless of how this turns out, this could just be a sort of buzz single to introduce the album given there are also the Holidays in between in order also to test waters and the proper promo is saved for January and February more close to the album release. 

Buzz singles don't have radio deals nor heavy playlisting. This IS Lg7's lead single. Unfortunately.

Edited by XXXlop
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 13,381
On 10/27/2024 at 12:17 PM, artgagapop said:

Throwback to the only single release by her that have felt like an actualt EVENT since applause: 

But then she couldn’t speak about it (a bit  like how she’s acting now but for no reason :katy:) then the mess when it missed fight week top 10 and the GGD Admin wouldn’t let anything remotely negative be said about it so we had to come here - but yes that single for the first four days was cute! 

Also I’ve realised disease reminds me a bit of Miley night crawling.
Tbh I want the next single to have stronger lyrics I can’t connect to this song @Ayobabylon

• paws up 1

Popstanne 5,847
On 10/27/2024 at 6:04 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

But then she couldn’t speak about it (a bit  like how she’s acting now but for no reason :katy:) then the mess when it missed fight week top 10 and the GGD Admin wouldn’t let anything remotely negative be said about it so we had to come here - but yes that single for the first four days was cute! 

Also I’ve realised disease reminds me a bit of Miley night crawling.
Tbh I want the next single to have stronger lyrics I can’t connect to this song @Ayobabylon

Same tbh lyrical content is its weakest trait esp the chorus i hate the doctor line 

Although sonically is catchy but I dont see it taking off own its own

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 981

The only problem is the song..dwas had one post and it is still n 2 ww and in the usa...i know i sound annoying but this song doesn t have original content...this time the same formula seems forced..and this song doesn t click with gp...a great video could save the song and they also should release the sped up version because it is good.....i hope that the song does well because I need abracadabra in my life

• paws up 2

ARTPOPster 2,351

I want to believe they have a plan because this is truly weird. She is not the type of person to abandon her creation because her previous one flopped. Even during ARTPOP and Joanne she worked her a** hard. She shot 911 in the middle of the pandemic. She performed DWAS with Bruno and had many viral posts with it on TikTok. LFS had videos, interviews, special concerts and an unreleased documentary. If there is something I wish she told us. No post, no public outing, no nothing is truly nothing like her. No mv and no performance is acceptable but totally abandoning the release… I dont know.

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 43,100
On 10/27/2024 at 8:43 AM, sugden said:

i dont mind if it flops

but the silence is really annoying, like... at least try

SAME! Like I would love to officially be able to say Disease was a top 10 hit even for 1 week like Judas but the silence is more concerning.

like I want Gaga to be happy releasing this music and it seems like she doesn’t even care. I don’t know it’s just depressing me for some reason….

Pop-a-911-ster 20,233
On 10/27/2024 at 1:23 PM, artgagapop said:

This is actually wrong, the only complaints in here is mostly because most of us actually like the song and want it to do good and we are sad to see Gaga and her team doesn't seem to care at all about the song. and not even in terms of chart performance, she hasn't said a single word about the song other then release date and OUT NOW. :cry:

This is not wrong. This is my opinion on those two groups I mentioned. You’re taking about a whole another thing. I myself posted today about the difference between SL’s release and Disease’s release. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 20,233
On 10/27/2024 at 1:29 PM, Supersonic said:

Acknowledging that this song is not doing well commercially doesn't take away from people being able to enjoy it. Like... I thought this was the CHART thread. 

And people will want to analyze why the song is not connecting, especially because this song is everything the fanbase wanted.  And they're ultimately gonna make connections between the commercial performance and Gaga's strategy of selling the era: drip-feeding content at the slowest pace she has ever done. And it's obvious that this strategy is not really working at all, it's what deactivated a huge chunk of the fanbase during the Chromatica era. 

It's never really that serious, this is a hobby for most of us (I hope), but just avoiding painful discussions is not gonna work, it's just gonna delay the pain. 

I specifically mentioned toxicity being too much in here. This is a chart thread, sure, so if it’s not that serious, what’s the point in repeating the same point every other other hour and saying that she’s over and done, lmao.

Anyway, let me go back to my streaming farms. This is the best thing a charts thread member can actually do. 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2

Apart the radio deal, we can agree Interscope did the bare minimum with this release. A far cry from SL debut week, if I remember correctly. I think this is a label decision, Gaga also shared some tik toks, don’t know what happens next.

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 20,233
On 10/27/2024 at 1:40 PM, MissAsia said:

The only problem is the song..dwas had one post and it is still n 2 ww and in the usa...i know i sound annoying but this song doesn t have original content...this time the same formula seems forced..and this song doesn t click with gp...a great video could save the song and they also should release the sped up version because it is good.....i hope that the song does well because I need abracadabra in my life

Hot Mess Tld GIF by ALLBLK

Pop-a-911-ster 20,233
On 10/27/2024 at 1:53 PM, Gaga Banana said:

Apart the radio deal, we can agree Interscope did the bare minimum with this release. A far cry from SL debut week, if I remember correctly. I think this is a label decision, Gaga also shared some tik toks, don’t know what happens next.

We’re getting the video this week and I’m sure more promo is coming. 

• paws up 2

Popster This Way 632
On 10/27/2024 at 1:54 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Damn Y'all won't survive being a beyoncé stan bc all she did for past 2 albums is release audios n disappear for eternity 

I'm a Beyoncé hybrid stan. :icant: 

The eras truly feel like clocking in & out of work. I gave up on the visuals for good. :icant:

• lol 1

Popster This Way 971
On 10/27/2024 at 7:54 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Damn Y'all won't survive being a beyoncé stan bc all she did for past 2 albums is release audios n disappear for eternity 

Albums released relatively close to one another. Plus, full albums of music her fans wanted. As much as I love L4S and Harlequin, I’m not delusional and gonna say most Gaga fans were excited for them. 

To some Gaga fans, her last album was Chromatica, and before that, ARTPOP. It’s sad (and disrespectful tbh) but it’s the truth. 

The fact they aren’t going balls to the walls with promo is their fault alone; it’s not the audiences fault for not engaging something not worth engaging with. 

• paws up 1