Charts Discussion : DISEASE out now!

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 27,741
On 10/26/2024 at 8:56 PM, Dean Judaster said:

Judas is going to get bumped out of the top 5 so the visibility is probably going to hurt its streams moving forward especially since it's still not playlisted well

You know what on second thought, Judas has consistently outstreamed both ASIB ballads for roughly a month now. Judas should climb up on her top songs instead

music video mv GIF

• paws up 1

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/27/2024 at 11:21 AM, VoldeLorde said:

Y'all mad at the US but why should we support the song when Gaga obviously doesn’t? :lesson:

Her team wants horrible chart performance? I say we give it to them. :lesson:

I won’t be streaming until I see a MV. It’s beyond ridiculous at this point :lesson:

This, the song is amazing and i love it, but Gaga has been killing my hype the whole week with her lack of interest, so why should we care streaming it :lesson:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 15,741

i've just remembered when we were sure she'd release the MV 12 hours after the song à la ROM

clown-sad.gif

• hugs 1
  • sad 3
  • thanks 4
  • lol 1

Popster This Way 968
On 10/27/2024 at 5:31 AM, artgagapop said:

This, the song is amazing and i love it, but Gaga has been killing my hype the whole week with her lack of interest, so why should we care streaming it :lesson:

And literally all she had to do was post a premiere on YouTube, so we could know the video would be out Monday. The narrative would be “the silence is weird but at least we get a video Monday.”

The narrative currently is “the silence is annoying and I’m starting to not care.”

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 17,620
On 10/27/2024 at 9:20 AM, BenG said:

We need to see whether they spin it during the day. Could be them just testing waters and giving it spins during quiet times.

they might be playing it because its #1 on AM NYC?

Popster for Sale 45,128

She should have at least announced the music video release date. I don’t see why they’re keeping it a secret.

Did they want to reserve it for a good peak on the Hot 100 down the road? If so, that’s just dumb :icant:

• paws up 4

Popster to Popster 4,406
On 10/27/2024 at 11:15 AM, FRANZGA said:

DWAS was boosted by DISEASE :flirtga:

Yeah, DISEASE boost DWAS, but who boost DISEASE ? Maybe she needs to release another single to boost DISEASE, and another single to boost the single that boosts DISEASE ect...

Edit: Sorry to be so non-serious today, but it's Sunday, the least serious day of the week.

nn.thumb.png.fc858ca674d65d547ccbbeb7c1b

Edited by kékette
  • lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,887
On 10/27/2024 at 5:36 AM, BenG said:

She should have at least announced the music video release date. I don’t see why they’re keeping it a secret.

Did they want to reserve it for a good peak on the Hot 100 down the road? If so, that’s just dumb :icant:

The mv won’t suddenly make the song blow up, so they’re sacrificing a good debut number for longevity. It’s not going to work out for them I fear. This song may do well in Europe based on the holds so far, but it looks dead on arrival in the U.S. 

Popster for Sale 45,128
On 10/27/2024 at 10:35 AM, Replay said:

they might be playing it because its #1 on AM NYC?

I remember reading that radio stations usually start with spins at quieter times and gradually move it to busier times then increase spins, if reception is positive.

• paws up 1

On 10/27/2024 at 12:19 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Here comes the 'the song is crap' complaint once song is not doing 10M daily streams.

Trully the worst fanbase ever.

From what I've heard, "Notorious" >>> "Dancing In Shadows">>>"Disease">>>"Abracadabra" (maybe I will change my mind when I hear the whole version). 

"Disease" is fine, but it doesn't really scream "lead single potential." Her vocals in the chorus are probably too overwhelming for the GP (the same problem with "Perfect Illusion"). The song is too reliant on rock/rage influences.  The chorus sounds like an LP song. Maybe my perception was skewed by people comparing it to "Government Hooker" and "Scheisse" before the release because it sounds nothing like these songs. 

Also, the lyrics are really underwhelming with some tired metaphors. It doesn't really come close to her lyrical prowess in songs like "Bloody Mary" or "Heavy Metal Lover." 

I think that I enjoyed PI more upon its release. 

So far, Bad Romance > Just Dance > Applause > Perfect Illusion > Disease >>>>>>> Stupid Love.        

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 17,620
On 10/27/2024 at 11:39 AM, BenG said:

I remember reading that radio stations usually start with spins at quieter times and gradually move it to busier times then increase spins, if reception is positive.

they do, but yesterday they played it 7 times (sub power?)

A Popster Is Born 17,620
On 10/27/2024 at 11:38 AM, ConnorFilm said:

The mv won’t suddenly make the song blow up, so they’re sacrificing a good debut number for longevity. It’s not going to work out for them I fear. This song may do well in Europe based on the holds so far, but it looks dead on arrival in the U.S. 

but like if video makes song viral it would give it longevity even if it dropped on debut day

Pop-a-911-ster 27,741

Somebody else already said it but weren't we asking for a song that is unabashedly Gaga? Like experimental, unfiltered and dark? She gave us exactly that lol. Talent always wins in the end.

• paws up 6
  • thanks 4
  • love 1