PanPikus

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popstanne 8,561
On 10/25/2024 at 9:55 AM, MissAsia said:

Pi is a good song..i like it a lot

I like it a lot too but it annoys me how much it was reworked from the original concept and also it had no business being a lead (even though Joanne didn’t have many more options) 

Pop-a-911-ster 20,033
On 10/25/2024 at 10:08 AM, OreoDisease said:

okay ladygaganow tweet aside

do y'all think it would make sense to post this, with a date, and not release the music video in that date?

Fair point, but I’m still anxious

• paws up 2

The Popster 34

It's sooo goood!!! 

I have been a fan since Applause and I don't remember having such a good first response :oscar:

I know iTunes is kind of dead, but I have the tradition to buy each of her lead singles on iTunes on release day. I want Mother Monster to know she has a big core fanbase who will always be there for her new projects:kiss:

Also sent the song on whatsapp to all my friend groups and everyone responded they liked the song!! With two saying they also have it on repeat. Hoping this will smash in NL as hard as Die With A Smile. I expect you guys to do the same!!:war:

Only one girl saying she said "damn that's a lot going on for a song", but she became a fan with Million Reasons, so it's okay

• paws up 2
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 24,568
On 10/25/2024 at 11:08 AM, OreoDisease said:

okay ladygaganow tweet aside

do y'all think it would make sense to post this, with a date, and not release the music video in that date?

i think it’s coming later today, similarly like the mv for ROM was released around 12h later

the thing is, i have an event later tonight so i’ll be p*ssed if she releases the MV just as I’m offline :lesson:

• paws up 3
  • lol 2

A Popster Is Born 12,543
On 10/25/2024 at 10:20 AM, boobatella said:

i think it’s coming later today, similarly like the mv for ROM was released around 12h later

the thing is, i have an event later tonight so i’ll be p*ssed if she releases the MV just as I’m offline :lesson:

She needs a strategic hour for the music video release. Everybody needs to be up for this

• paws up 3

Popster for Sale 47,507
Spoiler

Lustful, salacious, and industrial, 'Disease' joins together body and machine in the most seamless fashion since Fritz Lang in his pomp.

All heavy breathing, surging cries, and pride, 'Disease' lifts the electronics from her Chromatica era and builds some Brutalist architecture around it. In places, it's jet black, thrilling to the bizarre, the remote, the incompatible. Yet it's also a striking pop song – in places, the directness is punk-like in its energy, while the killer chorus ranks with some of LG's best.

So, is this the first chord of LG7…? We were promised a pop record, and this certainly chimes with that boast – yet it's pop in Lady Gaga's own vision. A recent viral clip of a then-unknown pop icon performing to a spartan crowd reminded CLASH just how vital her rise felt, and how strange those initial hits actually were. It was complex, queer-coded, and difficult for outsiders to untangle. Somehow, it infected the world.

'Disease' is the next variant of her contagion. In tapping back into her roots, Lady Gaga seems to have found pop renewal, amid a clanking, mechanised, tech-fuelled landscape. Gazing beyond the culture bleakness of a pop-pandemic world, she might just be the chaotic cure.

Our mark?

9/10

Clash 

Edited by OreoDisease
  • paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 13
  • love 1