Official Joker: Folie A Deux Discussion thread

Gaga discussion pinned featured

Dirkje

Popster to Popster 4,593
On 9/17/2024 at 3:01 AM, ConnorFilm said:

Literally how? How will it do so poorly!? A Star is Born even opened to $43M!

I honestly have no idea, it’s been days that I’m literally astonished and shocked about the whole situation. 

• sad 2

Popster to Popster 4,593
On 9/17/2024 at 4:24 AM, Emi said:

We should take a rest from box-office predictions until the week movie releases… for mental health :kiss:

Yeah, I’ve been tried to but it’s quite difficult also because one moment there’s a positive update and things seem to improve then immediately after the contrary. 

• hugs 1

Popster to Popster 4,593

However the sentiment that this is going to flop is getting bigger and the various YouTubers or whatever content creators are doing a very bad publicity to the movie in this way.

• sad 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 13,392
On 9/17/2024 at 8:24 AM, Leptine said:

Yeah, I’ve been tried to but it’s quite difficult also because one moment there’s a positive update and things seem to improve then immediately after the contrary. 

These long range predictions should be taken with a grain of salt anyway. It’s best to wait for like two weeks to see what’s actually going to happen. I still think we can open with a respectable number globally at least. 180M-200M will be good for the worldwide opening.

Edited by Adarsh
  • paws up 2

This is from a BO tracker:

Joker Folie a Deux

T-13 and T-16

Monday, September 30 - Fan Event Showings: 1,602 Seats Sold (10.9% Increase From Last Time)

Thursday, October 3 - Traditional Thursday Previews: 3,231 Seats Sold (33.3% Increase From Last Time)

= 4,833 Seats Sold (24.9% Increase From Last Time)

Taken as of 1:30AM Eastern Time

IMPORTANT NOTES: It's good that the pace isn't just staying static from last week when tickets when on sale, but I don't think this is strong enough to not be concerned if this is headed for a low opening. 

Almost all of the EA showings are sold out (I wouldn't be surprised if 100% capacity is reached within the next week), but the Thursday showings are still lagging. Showings that should be sold out or at least really close to selling out just aren't. 

Like I said last week, the hope is that this doesn't play like a traditional fan-driven comic-book movie and has stronger walk-up business as we get closer to the release date. We shouldn't rule that out, but this is gonna have to work real hard within the next two-and-a-half weeks to make up for a weak pre-sales start. 

It’s picking up, we just have to hope there is a strong walk up 

• paws up 9

A Popster Is Born 13,392
On 9/17/2024 at 2:59 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Joker Folie a Deux

T-13 and T-16

Monday, September 30 - Fan Event Showings: 1,602 Seats Sold (10.9% Increase From Last Time)

Thursday, October 3 - Traditional Thursday Previews: 3,231 Seats Sold (33.3% Increase From Last Time)

IMPORTANT NOTES: It's good that the pace isn't just staying static from last week when tickets when on sale, but I don't think this is strong enough to not be concerned if this is headed for a low opening. 

Almost all of the EA showings are sold out (I wouldn't be surprised if 100% capacity is reached within the next week), but the Thursday showings are still lagging. Showings that should be sold out or at least really close to selling out just aren't. 

Like I said last week, the hope is that this doesn't play like a traditional fan-driven comic-book movie and has stronger walk-up business as we get closer to the release date. We shouldn't rule that out, but this is gonna have to work real hard within the next two-and-a-half weeks to make up for a weak pre-sales start. 

It’s not a traditional comic book movie so there’s still hope. And Joker is a big name on its own tbh, kind of like Barbie. So I’m staying optimistic. 

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,631
On 9/17/2024 at 10:29 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Joker Folie a Deux

T-13 and T-16

I do think this movie's audience (much like the first) consists more of regular people rather than Marvel'd or DC'd stans who would actually care about booking the movie a month in advance. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 13,392
On 9/17/2024 at 3:26 PM, OreoÀDeux said:

I do think this movie's audience (much like the first) consists more of regular people rather than Marvel'd or DC'd stans who would actually care about booking the movie a month in advance. 

That’s true. So many regular people around me are excited for the movie. Even at my workplace. 

• paws up 2

also the fact we can’t properly gauge presales correctively base on Joker (2019) b/c that only had one week of presales so we won’t really know until release week if this film is following an outlier from your traditional front-loaded MCU/DC fanatic buy-ins