Official Joker: Folie A Deux Discussion thread

Gaga discussion pinned featured

Dirkje

Pop-a-911-ster 29,065
On 10/5/2024 at 3:32 PM, Leptine said:

Can't believe we reached the point to say that she probably wouldn't even attend awards ceremonies if nominated in order to distance herself from this project, the whole situation is so depressing, hope we can move on as fast as possible.

She will attend if nominated; she’s incredibly respectful.

After this week, and likely the next, some fanbases will use this to drag her and us, and for most people, it will be labeled just another DC flop like the rest.

Stay calm guys:gaga-thanks:

Edited by Emi
  • paws up 2
  • love 1

Popster This Way 913

There is so much negativity for this movie from press and various websites, also reporting the box office Friday numbers. Really this snowballed in a way unexplained and unexpected. There is so much hate like people wanted a Platform to vent. I feel this is totally unfair. The film may not be perfect, but this is too much.

• paws up 4

Pop-a-911-ster 29,065
On 10/5/2024 at 5:04 PM, Gaga Banana said:

There is so much negativity for this movie from press and various websites, also reporting the box office Friday numbers. Really this snowballed in a way unexplained and unexpected. There is so much hate like people wanted a Platform to vent. I feel this is totally unfair. The film may not be perfect, but this is too much.

That’s why I hate when some fans BEG for her to appeal with GP. GP is this.

Moderator 9,578

So I just got home. I'm going to give this movie a more positive review as I look at it differently.

I went with a friend who is also a huge Little Monster and just like me she went and remembered ASIB and she agreed with me.

If you went to see A Star Is Born and still remember it, you might see a different side. Its like ASIB but then the roles switched. Which is what I liked a lot. ASIB helped me understanding this movie.

I do think ASIB is still her best movie. BC of personal reasons I didnt get to see Gucci though. 
For the music:
I remember Gaga talking about it in an interview mentioning practicing and practicing the part of singing in the beginning. Can you imagine being a superstar IRL, singing and performing songs everybody knows and everything. And then acting like you sing for the first time? Like that must be so hard! I'm giving Gaga credits for that.

Now like I said before, I wanted to listen to Harlequin after I saw the movie and yes I was right. I now appreciate that album and Gaga her creativity even more. Its so cool what she did to some of those movie songs!

I's say, go see the movie. If you havent yet and want my experience, make sure to watch ASIB so you remember that so you get what I mean here! 

• love 1

New Popster 16

“Joker: Folie à Deux,” starring Joaquin Phoenix and Lady Gaga, earned $20 million across Friday and preview screenings. bit.ly/3Yb2EHx 

Popstanne 5,987
On 10/5/2024 at 8:53 PM, Emi said:

She will attend if nominated; she’s incredibly respectful.

After this week, and likely the next, some fanbases will use this to drag her and us, and for most people, it will be labeled just another DC flop like the rest.

Stay calm guys:gaga-thanks:

I mean I don't doubt that, I'm sure she would attend as well, it's just that these days were supposed to be exciting for this project and never I would have imagined things would have ended up this way, it saddened me a little.

• hugs 1
  • sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,065
On 10/5/2024 at 7:47 PM, Leptine said:

I mean I don't doubt that, I'm sure she would attend as well, it's just that these days were supposed to be exciting for this project and never I would have imagined things would have ended up this way, it saddened me a little.

What surprised me most is she hasn’t posted anything encouraging people to see the movie:whatga:

Popstanne 5,987
On 10/6/2024 at 12:49 AM, Emi said:

What surprised me most is she hasn’t posted anything encouraging people to see the movie:whatga:

Probably they weren't expecting things to derail in this massive ways and she didn't bother, also because WB has already exploited her imagine a lot despite the small role she had for the promo, I don't think a post would have made a difference anyway.

• love 1

Popstanne 5,987
On 10/5/2024 at 10:18 PM, Dirkje said:

BC of personal reasons I didnt get to see Gucci though. 

Her performance in HOG is so much better than ASIB to me, there are lot of great acting moments from her there, it really deserves to be watched imo.

• thanks 2

Moderator 9,578
On 10/6/2024 at 1:14 AM, Leptine said:

Her performance in HOG is so much better than ASIB to me, there are lot of great acting moments from her there, it really deserves to be watched imo.

Is there a way to stream it? I mean I dont think its fair to judge a movie I never saw. 

Popstanne 5,987
On 10/6/2024 at 1:16 AM, Dirkje said:

Is there a way to stream it? I mean I dont think its fair to judge a movie I never saw. 

Do you have Amazon Prime?

Moderator 9,578
On 10/6/2024 at 1:25 AM, Leptine said:

Do you have Amazon Prime?

I dont think so, tbh

A Popster Is Born 12,159

Sat for my 2nd JFAD viewing with 5 friends, doing my part as a fan :romance:

Spoiler

I lied to them and told them I really liked the film:jailga:

Edited by Lazz Monster
  • lol 2
  • love 2

ARTPOPster 1,791

among the countless lashings I saw more and more posts defending the movie.  tho most of them only have hundreds or thousands of likes at least it could be a trend

On 10/5/2024 at 6:19 PM, nattuggla89 said:

So apparently Gaga's screentime was approx. 34 minutes according to a member on GGD.

I'd be interested in knowing what Joaquin's and Catherine Keener's screentime was.