Official Joker: Folie A Deux Discussion thread

Gaga discussion pinned featured

Dirkje

Pop-a-911-ster 27,096
On 9/15/2024 at 8:29 PM, Leptine said:

Basically Gaga will be their only contender, Joaquin is definitely not getting nominated again for the same role with the actual circumnstances sorrounding his work (negative backlash for dropping movies).

I think Gaga can still happen (but not counting on that) if this doesn't end up flop badly at the box office and if the new upcoming reviews won't put it on the red.

I see Gaga geting nominated too… but it’s going to be a hard competition 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,900
On 9/16/2024 at 4:59 AM, Leptine said:

Basically Gaga will be their only contender, Joaquin is definitely not getting nominated again for the same role with the actual circumnstances sorrounding his work (negative backlash for dropping movies).

I think Gaga can still happen (but not counting on that) if this doesn't end up flop badly at the box office and if the new upcoming reviews won't put it on the red.

Def

A Popster Is Born 13,387
On 9/16/2024 at 3:59 AM, Leptine said:

Their other awards contender it's 'Dune part two', but I doubt they're gonna push acting nominations for that one (like in the first), so yes.

However all the prediction sites dropped it in all categories :dead:

Prediction sites don’t know anything tbh. Also, we are still in the very early stages. I have a feeling if they’ll start campaigning closer to the voting periods. They’ve already done a private screening for Golden Globe voters in Venice.

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 13,387
On 9/16/2024 at 3:59 AM, Leptine said:

Their other awards contender it's 'Dune part two', but I doubt they're gonna push acting nominations for that one (like in the first), so yes.

However all the prediction sites dropped it in all categories :dead:

Prediction sites don’t know anything tbh. Also, we are still in the very early stages. I have a feeling if they’ll start campaigning closer to the voting periods. They’ve already done a private screening for Golden Globe voters in Venice.

On 9/15/2024 at 6:54 AM, Leptine said:

Still can't believe how things changed in the span of one week when it comes to this project :dead:

Gaga ending up being supporting after being marketed as co-lead and passing from being top5 in lead actress contender in all the sites + Awards Worthy polls since months to be totally removed along with the rest of the movie, she's not even predicted in supporting now.

The movie from being potentially another 1 Billion dollar smash to pontentially being a box office flop.

Hopefully Gaga is smarter about picking projects after this.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 9/16/2024 at 6:30 AM, Adarsh said:

I mean, It depends, some sites are own by pundits who are voters themselves of certain awards like SAG or BAFTA (see Jazz Tangcay) and know several Oscar voters, they're part of the conversation, clearly their predictions are towards the more acclaimed movies-performances, so it's normal that they currently have JFAD dropped, they always guess right majority of people but there always somebody out of predictions sneaking in and viceversa, that being said the positive thing is that Gaga has been in the conversation for months, that might been enough to still get at least a Globe and SAG nomination.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 13,387
On 9/16/2024 at 3:01 PM, Leptine said:

I mean, It depends, some sites are own by pundits who are voters themselves of certain awards like SAG or BAFTA (see Jazz Tangcay) and know several Oscar voters, they're part of the conversation, clearly their predictions are towards the more acclaimed movies-performances, so it's normal that they currently have JFAD dropped, they always guess right majority of people but there always somebody out of predictions sneaking in and viceversa, that being said the positive thing is that Gaga has been in the conversation for months, that might been enough to still get at least a Globe and SAG nomination.

At the end of the day, it’s all about campaigning. Jessica Chastian won for a panned movie that made like two dollars. If WB wants, they can push for Gaga to be nominated. Let’s see what happens.

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,900
On 9/16/2024 at 3:36 PM, Adarsh said:

At the end of the day, it’s all about campaigning. Jessica Chastian won for a panned movie that made like two dollars. If WB wants, they can push for Gaga to be nominated. Let’s see what happens.

They should push 

But if juror no 2 is a hit they will push toni collete in supporting n nicholas hault for lead 

If the movie tanks then their sole push should be gaga 

Her chances are bleak if movie doesn't perform good but if it does well then who knows maybe industry people will like it 

For now, both tilda n julian campaigning for lead helps selena more than gaga 

Emilia Perez is overperforming in these film festivals

Edited by Ayobabylon

Popstanne 9,894
On 9/16/2024 at 7:06 AM, Adarsh said:

But no one expected the eyes of Tammy Faye to make money, so no one really cared. if JFAD bombs, there'll be a lot of articles talking about it

• paws up 1

On 9/16/2024 at 11:13 AM, OreoÀDeux said:

On boxoffice they keep saying they're doing "fine"

This Is Fine GIF

Still in disbelief how it could f*ck up

This is one of those projects that been over-thought from the first takes

However, there's just a strange feelng inside me it could debut 85m and then have weird longevity, esp WW

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1

On 9/16/2024 at 5:06 AM, Adarsh said:

The Chastain/HOG/Spencer year was a MESS now that I'm looking back on it.

• lol 2

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 9/16/2024 at 12:06 PM, Adarsh said:

The case that works more in Gaga's favour is Penelope Cruz for 'Nine', she got a supporting nomination with a box office musical flop with mixed reviews 49 on MC, so it's definitely possible that she can manage to be nominated, plus supporting is still being a open category with Tilda going lead, we'll see indeed how things will end up with the overall reception, audience and box office.

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 9/16/2024 at 12:31 PM, GraceRandolph said:

The Chastain/HOG/Spencer year was a MESS now that I'm looking back on it.

This year is shaped to be messy in similar way in lead actress imo, there's no a clear frontrunner (maybe Nicole, but she has an erotic thriller movie not very typical for the Academy tastes from what I read), everybody has something going on against.

Jolie and Adams lost all the buzz as well.

Not to mention Lead actress also has became packed, I think you can drop your lead category placement fantasy along with
@ItsGenuineGuy09

Pop-a-911-ster 27,096
On 9/16/2024 at 8:06 AM, Leptine said:

The case that works more in Gaga's favour is Penelope Cruz for 'Nine', she got a supporting nomination with a box office musical flop with mixed reviews 49 on MC, so it's definitely possible that she can manage to be nominated, plus supporting is still being a open category with Tilda going lead, we'll see indeed how things will end up with the overall reception, audience and box office.

Best for us could be Emilia Perez pulling a Woman Talking for Supporting Actress scenario:

- Actresses being frontrunners the entire season and cancelling? each other with the split of votes so none of them got nominated.

• paws up 2