Official Joker: Folie A Deux Discussion thread

Gaga discussion pinned featured

Dirkje

A Popster Is Born 13,279
On 10/2/2024 at 8:47 PM, ConnorFilm said:

I'm going to coordinate with @OnionGirl and try to stop the bleeding as much as we can. I remember we both emailed the RT team back in 2021-2022 to add a BUNCH of missing positive reviews for HOG. If it wasn't for all those added reviews, it would've dipped below 60%. I'd love if we could keep this as high as we can, even tho I think it's staying rotten. 

I do love it when we take matters into our own hands on this forum 

• love 1

Popstanne 5,987

I almost convince a guy that wrote a review counting for MC for 'Chromatica' to raise his score but at the last minute he muted me :dead:

• lol 4

Popster to Popster 4,841

I will say, while this is on track to be panned instead of mixed (53 now on RT), I haven't read one single bad thing about her. Even awful reviews are praising her.

"Lady Gaga is an electric presence and an extraordinary actor, and it is pure twisted magic when Lee locks eyes with Arthur and tells him that once they’re free, they’re going to build a mountain."

Edited by ConnorFilm
  • paws up 8

Popstanne 9,970

I remember being so excited when there rumor popped up about Gaga doing this movie.....

I loved Joker(original) and this was kinda perfect role+movie if she ever wanted to try superhero movies.

it disheartening to see so many things go wrong with it. 

Hopefully she picks up the right role next time (this was right one as well), but the next movie needs to be lead by her and her only. Both HOG and JFAD suffered from her lack of screen time, she needs something that guarantee her 80% screen time even if some of her scenes get deleted in post production. 

• paws up 3
  • thanks 2

Popster to Popster 4,841
On 10/2/2024 at 8:09 PM, Emi said:
  Hide contents

74 reviews already on RT still 53%

Spoiler

Now 51. This is insane. For every couple positive reviews, there’s triple the amount of negative. 

• hugs 1
  • sad 1

Popster to Popster 4,841
On 10/2/2024 at 8:42 PM, Hags Labs said:

J:FAD panned officially? :dead:

50% on RT. 200 reviews will surely be added in the coming weeks and months. Yes, this will settle around 35-40% on RT imo. 

• hugs 1
  • sad 2

Popster to Popster 4,841

But I haven’t read a single negative thing about her in any of the reviews counted on RT. She’s going to escape this just fine. I was worried about her reputation and if people would want to work with her in the film industry going forward, but I don’t share that opinion anymore. It’s clear everyone respects her, they just don’t like the actual movie. So, think of that if you’re feeling down about the movie’s reaction this week. :oscar:

• paws up 5
  • yaas, gaga 2
  • love 2

Popster to Popster 2,899
On 10/2/2024 at 10:46 PM, ConnorFilm said:

50% on RT. 200 reviews will surely be added in the coming weeks and months. Yes, this will settle around 35-40% on RT imo. 

At least we can say that -objectively- and from the reviews I came across with that even the harshest reviews, they still give their flowers to Gaga. I just hope she is aware of that :cry:

• paws up 1
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,065
On 10/2/2024 at 11:07 PM, ConnorFilm said:

But I haven’t read a single negative thing about her in any of the reviews counted on RT. She’s going to escape this just fine. I was worried about her reputation and if people would want to work with her in the film industry going forward, but I don’t share that opinion anymore. It’s clear everyone respects her, they just don’t like the actual movie. So, think of that if you’re feeling down about the movie’s reaction this week. :oscar:

Everyone praising her performance and that makes me feel proud of her 🥰