Official Joker: Folie A Deux Discussion thread

Gaga discussion pinned featured

Dirkje

ARTPOPster 2,089
On 10/1/2024 at 5:27 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Showing up as 61% for me on RT. We are going rotten, I just don’t know how low it will fall. I really see this getting panned. 

i see 64%

Pop-a-911-ster 34,585

the fact that the JFAD trailers were received very well back in April and July and now we are almost on the way to get panned :rip:

• sad 1

Popster to Popster 4,841
On 10/1/2024 at 3:31 PM, sugden said:

i see 64%

If you go to the search bar and type in the movie name and search it, it’ll show you the most up to date score. 

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 2,089
On 10/1/2024 at 5:37 PM, Miaou said:

this is our ARTPOP era in the movie field 

spacer.png

funny enough they are both clown related

she needs to stay away from them

:icant:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,067
On 10/1/2024 at 5:01 PM, Emi said:

63%(-1%)

56(+1) reviews

61%(-2%)

57(+1) reviews

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,067
On 10/1/2024 at 5:49 PM, Emi said:

61%(-2%)

57(+1) reviews

Down to 60% now

ily guys:kiss:

• paws up 1
  • hugs 1
  • sad 1

Popster to Popster 4,841

I expect it to peak at around 47% on RT. This is going to be a critical and financial bomb. More bad news for WB. I hope she can survive this and get more work going forward in the film industry. It's such a shame Todd didn't have a stronger vision, but I won't post my thoughts on the film here. Still trying to collect and write my review. Lol. 

• paws up 1
  • hugs 1
  • sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 41,850
On 10/1/2024 at 5:03 PM, ConnorFilm said:

I hope she can survive this and get more work going forward in the film industry.

To be fair she was barely getting any work to begin with….3 movies in 6 years is NOTHING for an actor so getting LESS WORK would basically be just not doing movies anymore. :billie:

Maybe this will scare her away from doing any movies and will stick to music more often… I would love for her to do TV or Broadway, she would be magical in a play.

But choosing to do a movie every 2-3 years just AINT IT

edit: you can tell Gaga loves acting though so I’m sad for her that this doesn’t seem like it’s headed for any sort of success critical/award/BO but not every movie was gonna do that and we need to be prepared for things like this. Not every movie is gonna revolve around Gaga getting awards. Those expectations just aren’t manageable so maybe in a way we needed this hahaha

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,855

3 people on a French Messenger group discussion I belong to are just out from Paris premiere.

3 of them loved the movies and Lady Gaga's part. Story a bit easy on some points, but incredible cinematography (visual slap for one of them), great music (one said it's better than on Harlequin) and great acting from all the cast. 

Lady Gaga's part is heavy and her role deeply significant.

• paws up 1
  • hugs 1
  • love 2

Popster to Popster 4,841

Rotten at 59% and I've seen several negative reviews from San Fran and Chicago publications that have yet to be added. It's really over. At least I can walk away and not care. It is what it is. 

• paws up 2
  • hugs 2
  • sad 1
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,841
On 10/1/2024 at 7:38 PM, Leptine said:

I was hoping it would have managed to stay at least fresh in the early 60s :dead:

Only 10 reviews added today but it lost 5 points. I fear we are headed to 35-40% territory. This is like when WW84 went from 90-58 after 200 added reviews. 

Popstanne 5,990
On 10/2/2024 at 2:40 AM, ConnorFilm said:

Only 10 reviews added today but it lost 5 points. I fear we are headed to 35-40% territory. This is like when WW84 went from 90-58 after 200 added reviews. 

u6VhZLV.gif