Official Joker: Folie A Deux Discussion thread

Gaga discussion pinned featured

Dirkje

Pop-a-911-ster 29,065
On 9/28/2024 at 4:18 PM, Leptine said:

I’m definitely convinced Gaga should go lead at this point even if it’s a big risk. 

me too... she should go Lead even if misses the nomination I honestly don't care

• paws up 1

Popstanne 5,987
On 9/29/2024 at 12:00 AM, Replay said:

Also does FAD song need to feature lyrics in the movie to be elligible?

I looked forward to know this but didn’t find an answer, I guess you’re asking because from what I heard only the instrumental is played in the movie and for short time. 

• paws up 1

Popstanne 5,987
On 9/28/2024 at 11:31 PM, Replay said:

When should we find out even? (about where will she campaign)

Variety or similar media outlets usually gives the news about it with making an article. 

A Popster Is Born 17,221
On 9/29/2024 at 12:13 AM, Leptine said:

I looked forward to know this but didn’t find an answer, I guess you’re asking because from what I heard only the instrumental is played in the movie and for short time. 

Yeah, ppl didn't mention original song before so I assume they just played instrumental part. I read original songs need to have vocals to be elligible but I'm not sure if vocal part needs to be part of the movie

A Popster Is Born 17,221
On 9/29/2024 at 12:18 AM, Leptine said:

Variety or similar media outlets usually gives the news about it with making an article. 

their last update was that she can go either way?

Popster for Sale 44,126
On 9/28/2024 at 11:00 PM, Replay said:

Also does FAD song need to feature lyrics in the movie to be elligible?

Unfortunately, yes

Popstanne 5,987
On 9/29/2024 at 12:21 AM, Replay said:

Yeah, ppl didn't mention original song before so I assume they just played instrumental part. I read original songs need to have vocals to be elligible but I'm not sure if vocal part needs to be part of the movie

I can’t find an answer, maybe Almodusa knows the Tea.

Popstanne 5,987
On 9/29/2024 at 12:21 AM, Replay said:

their last update was that she can go either way?

They said they didn’t have confirmation of which category she will go but yes she can choose both. 

Popster for Sale 44,126
On 9/28/2024 at 11:27 PM, Leptine said:

Are you 100% sure?

From the rule book:

An original song consists of words and music, both of which are original and written specifically for the motion picture. There must be a clearly audible, intelligible, substantive rendition (not necessarily visually presented) of both lyric and melody, used in the body of the motion picture or as the first music cue in the end credits.

• thanks 4

Popstanne 5,987
On 9/29/2024 at 12:37 AM, BenG said:

From the rule book:

An original song consists of words and music, both of which are original and written specifically for the motion picture. There must be a clearly audible, intelligible, substantive rendition (not necessarily visually presented) of both lyric and melody, used in the body of the motion picture or as the first music cue in the end credits.

Of course not even BOS we can aim to get with this project :dead:

• lol 4

Pop-a-911-ster 29,065
On 9/28/2024 at 7:40 PM, Leptine said:

Of course not even BOS we can aim to get with this project :dead:

At least we will have box office :shine:

• lol 1

Moderator 9,578
On 9/29/2024 at 2:45 AM, BenG said:

Ticket availability is still very high in London :dead:

Sounds logical to me. Like, its a movie we're talking about that will be in theaters for a while. Which is a difference between a concert. 

I mean I'm gonna see the movie for the first time on Saturday with a friend. But some of my other friends are interested too to see the movie so it looks like I will be seeing it twice. 

Pop-a-911-ster 29,065
On 9/28/2024 at 9:45 PM, BenG said:

Ticket availability is still very high in London :dead:

I don’t know how others do but I usually buy the tickets minutes before movie starts :billie:

Popster for Sale 44,126
On 9/29/2024 at 1:53 AM, Dirkje said:

Sounds logical to me. Like, its a movie we're talking about that will be in theaters for a while. Which is a difference between a concert. 

I mean I'm gonna see the movie for the first time on Saturday with a friend. But some of my other friends are interested too to see the movie so it looks like I will be seeing it twice. 

On 9/29/2024 at 1:59 AM, Emi said:

I don’t know how others do but I usually buy the tickets minutes before movie starts :billie:

ASIB already had more than half the tickets sold by now for the 7pm screenings on opening day. J:FAD is now like 30%.

• hugs 1
  • sad 1