Official Joker: Folie A Deux Discussion thread

Gaga discussion pinned featured

Dirkje

A Popster Is Born 11,854

Random but you just can't predict what will click or not with audience and critics in social medias time tbh.

You can give all the best of yourself, the performance of your life and being panned to death at the end. I just want her to try audaciously on anything she is doing next anyway.

Popstanne 5,987
On 10/9/2024 at 1:27 AM, GraceRandolph said:

It's time for Gaga's Tarantino film. :arguega:

Imagine if the fake rumor of her being desperate and wanting to make an audition for him actually came in his ears and he offers her a role for real :icant:

Pop-a-911-ster 29,065

Call me a dreamer but it wouldn’t surprise me a nice awards season for Gaga after this performance and all the hate she received…

On 10/8/2024 at 6:40 PM, Emi said:

Call me a dreamer but it wouldn’t surprise me a nice awards season for Gaga after this performance and all the hate she received…

We can hope. The awards season is also pretty empty this year.

• yaas, gaga 1

Popstanne 5,987

One thing is sure Warner Bros is definitely not going to spend 1$ to campaign her.. or anything related to this movie..

• sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,065
On 10/8/2024 at 8:51 PM, Leptine said:

One thing is sure Warner Bros is definitely not going to spend 1$ to campaign her.. or anything related to this movie..

This is what I was thinking… GG and CC don’t need investment I guess but for the rest…

Popstanne 5,987
On 10/9/2024 at 1:56 AM, Emi said:

This is what I was thinking… GG and CC don’t need investment I guess but for the rest…

Membership of GG has changed a lot since HOG, they added lot of new members and they're less populist in their choices, even a GG nod is not really that granted this time, it's the biggest hurdle I would say, if she gets it the other two might follow more easily.. I personally don't feel positive at all

• paws up 2
  • sad 1

Popster for Sale 46,541

Honestly I think this movie has a shot at becoming a cult classic down the line. The DC fans are just smearing it for being a musical and not great, but I see a lot of people defending it and claiming it's being misunderstood. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1
  • love 1

Popster This Way 660
On 10/9/2024 at 8:02 AM, OreoÀDeux said:

Honestly I think this movie has a shot at becoming a cult classic down the line. The DC fans are just smearing it for being a musical and not great, but I see a lot of people defending it and claiming it's being misunderstood. 

Tbh I think the musical parts are not even the big issues of the film and DC fans would have turned a blind eye on that aspect if the storyline would be more eventful with violence/action in line with the first movie and other comic book adapations rather than an arthouse movie/courthouse drama. Also the ending did not help at all in that aspect.

Edited by nattuggla89
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popstanne 5,987

Yeah I don't exclude as well this getting revalued with time but it still bothers me that this will still remember in first to be a huge panned bomb, also here in my country it's all over social media and media outlets, I can't stand it.

• hugs 1
  • sad 1

Popster for Sale 46,541
On 10/9/2024 at 8:33 AM, Leptine said:

Yeah I don't exclude as well this getting revalued with time but it still bothers me that this will still remember in first to be a huge panned bomb, also here in my country it's all over social media and media outlets, I can't stand it.

It'll be fine buddy. Nothing is being pinned on Gaga's performance by people with multiple functioning braincells and LG7 era is just around the corner.  At least she's still front and center of pop culture 17 years in!

I also had high hopes for this project (as did a lot of people) but:

• hugs 4
  • sad 1

Popster for Sale 46,541

Also I've already made this point but I don't buy that "she's going to have trouble getting roles!!11!!" bullcrap for a second. She's 3 for 3 in her performances as an acclaimed actress who brings in the audience and the artistic dedication to all of her projects. She's one of the biggest global superstars of this decade. It honestly wouldn't shock me if she does get that Tarantino gig. 

I don't see why any director wouldn't want to work with her. As people with more knowledge of the film industry than me keep mentioning a lot of actors have had multiple flops in a row (and HoG being a flop is debatable). 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 14,385
On 10/9/2024 at 1:34 PM, OreoÀDeux said:

Also I've already made this point but I don't buy that "she's going to have trouble getting roles!!11!!" bullcrap for a second. She's 3 for 3 in her performances as an acclaimed actress who brings in the audience and the artistic dedication to all of her projects. She's one of the biggest global superstars of this decade. It honestly wouldn't shock me if she does get that Tarantino gig. 

I don't see why any director wouldn't want to work with her. As people with more knowledge of the film industry than me keep mentioning a lot of actors have had multiple flops in a row (and HoG being a flop is debatable). 

The only thing that matters is that she’s talented and easy to work with. From what we’ve seen, literally every single of her co-stars have praised her. 

• love 3