Official Joker: Folie A Deux Discussion thread

Gaga discussion pinned featured

Dirkje

Pop-a-911-ster 41,868

:rip: the DRAMATICS omg, I think I need to take a break from Twitter for the weekend cause it’s just becoming too much. The hot takes are just insanity and it just annoys me to see people be like “gaga should never act again” when ts frankly so ridiculous at this point.

Ill check into the threads through the weekend for any important updates but im not interacting with twitter and or social media this weekend. I can’t do it lol :laughga:

• lol 1

Kindness Admin 7,949
On 10/4/2024 at 3:10 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

It’s 12pm LA time, 3pm NY time and still CRICKETS from the movies main stars….im sorry but am I the only one who finds this so odd? Not even a “JFAD out now” post from anyone involved? :katy:

I know for a FACT Gaga did that during HoG…..

awkward

:enigma:

Edit: nothing from Todd :whatga: 

Why would anyone tbh. I’m not updating the banner either, lol

• sad 1
  • lol 4

Pop-a-911-ster 23,936

i get why some people would be turned off by the musical elements + the DC fanboys who only accept Margot Robbie’s Harley but i just can’t comprehend all the hate it’s getting? Based on the reviews i thought it was gonna be an actually bad film, but it isn’t? 

sure i wish there were more Gaga scenes and that they had done more with her character and it felt a bit long at times, but it was an entertaining and intense watch 

My bf usually dislikes musicals but he enjoyed the film as well. The musical elements made sense and really demonstrated Arthur’s delusion and "stardom" 

• paws up 1
  • love 1

Kindness Admin 7,949
On 10/4/2024 at 5:58 PM, boobatella said:

i get why some people would be turned off by the musical elements + the DC fanboys who only accept Margot Robbie’s Harley but i just can’t comprehend all the hate it’s getting? Based on the reviews i thought it was gonna be an actually bad film, but it isn’t? 

sure i wish there were more Gaga scenes and that they had done more with her character and it felt a bit long at times, but it was an entertaining and intense watch 

My bf usually dislikes musicals but he enjoyed the film as well. The musical elements made sense and really demonstrated Arthur’s delusion and "stardom" 

I think it’s pretty bad, lol. Obv everyone will have different opinions. But I feel the reactions are pretty fair, sadly. I think the idea was ok for the movie, but the execution is just a flop and flop.

• hugs 1
  • sad 2
  • thanks 1
  • lol 1

ARTPOPster 2,079
On 10/5/2024 at 5:13 AM, BenG said:

Also, Harry Lawtey is such a Hawtey

I need him to talk to me while ramming me :bradley:

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 12,163
On 10/4/2024 at 6:20 PM, BenG said:

I think the GP did not get the ending. I heard quite a few asking what was that ending.

i didn't get it either till i saw Grace's spoiler review

i can't believe no one had the guts to say to Todd at any point during the making of the film that making it a musical was a bad idea :enigma:

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,068
On 10/4/2024 at 9:14 PM, Leptine said:

dv7nd8w.gif

Yas… they shined and Gaga also have BOS chances

• paws up 2

Popstanne 5,993
On 10/4/2024 at 11:58 PM, boobatella said:

I think that lot of negative reactions are just following the flow to bash this movie no matter what, it's a dynamic that we saw plenty of times in the entertaining business, like when a big celebrity does a misstep that suddenly all the media start to hate, this is kind of the same, people love to see a high profile (and budget) project fail.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,068

RT [Critics] (maybe 100 more reviews left?)
237(+36) reviews
33%(-1%)

RT [Audience]
35%(-1%)

Pop-a-911-ster 41,868

Just got home, and I did enjoy the movie! It wasn’t perfect by any means and I definitely have things I would improve but I did enjoy myself in the theater, I would give the movie an 8/10 walking out of the theater,  i have my obvious bias (hello Gaga) and i want to sleep on the movie and come back tomorrow with more detailed thoughts on things i did love and didn’t love but I did enjoy the movie and my fiancé did too actually. He thought it was a solid 8/10, by brother thought it was a 7/10!

I forgot to get my Cousins rating I’ll have to check in with him tomorrow 

• paws up 1
  • love 2

On 10/4/2024 at 4:19 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

:rip: the DRAMATICS omg, I think I need to take a break from Twitter for the weekend cause it’s just becoming too much. The hot takes are just insanity and it just annoys me to see people be like “gaga should never act again” when ts frankly so ridiculous at this point.

Ill check into the threads through the weekend for any important updates but im not interacting with twitter and or social media this weekend. I can’t do it lol :laughga:

Gaga should do something lower budget next time, like a horror film.

A Popster Is Born 13,279
On 10/4/2024 at 10:04 PM, BenG said:

Musical scenes and Lee’s lack of character dev aside, I enjoyed the film. I liked the twist but it was definitely a risk that didn’t pay off with the GP.

Yeah I didn’t think it was that bad either. It just kinda went no where. 6,5/10

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 2