Official Joker: Folie A Deux Discussion thread

Gaga discussion pinned featured

Dirkje

A Popster Is Born 12,162
On 10/3/2024 at 9:30 AM, 0606060 said:

I understand her apprehension because her name holds a lot of weight

That's why her next movie should be an indie/horror movie with no BO expectations

Edited by Lazz Monster

Popstanne 5,990

I mean on AHS which is the longer acting project she did she was the absolute main female lead character, all the males were supporting.

I honestly don't think she specifically chose projects with male co-leads due to insecurity, it simply happen that these movie roles had one male co-lead in the plot but they were all great roles for her, on the paper at least, sure it's the most important thing to avoid with the next movie, especially with big ego male actors name on it.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the rumors of Joaquin making cut her scenes are real.

Edited by Leptine
  • thanks 2

Popstanne 5,552
On 10/3/2024 at 6:13 PM, Leptine said:

I mean on AHS which is the longer acting project she did she was the absolute main female lead character, all the males were supporting.

I honestly don't think she specifically chose projects with male co-leads due to insecurity, it simply happen that these movie roles had one male co-lead in the plot but they were all great roles for her, on the paper at least, sure it's the most important thing to avoid with the next movie, especially with big ego male actors name on it.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the rumors of Joaquin making cut her scenes are real.

I think when she is finally a hag in her late 60s 

Ryan Murphy is gonna give her the jessica lange n kathy bates treatment n that will be her acting emmy campaign but for that her acting career needs to keep moving n hopefully she wins an acting oscar soon 

Spoiler

Well only if ryan murphy is still alive till then

Edited by Ayobabylon
  • lol 3

Popstanne 5,990

I think we can officially give up to Oscars discourses for good or I think I will, there's too much negativity around this movie right now and it's making too much noise.

Pop-a-911-ster 29,067
On 10/3/2024 at 10:36 AM, Leptine said:

I think we can officially give up to Oscars discourses for good or I think I will, there's too much negativity around this movie right now and it's making too much noise.

sadly yes :gaga-dead:

• sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 41,850

I was so excited for this project when it got announced and I still am excited for the movie but it’s been crushing to see the reception.

I am happy that I basically ditched tracking this project after Venice though, it’s been helpful for my mental health avoiding all the meltdowns and daily tracking of low ticket sales.

It is what it is! Not every movie was gonna be a huge success/critically acclimated with awards discussion. Probably better we witness this now so we can expect the worse when it comes to future releases.

Really excited to see what Gaga does next. I really hope she decides to not be a Co-lead with her next choice. she really needs her own project where she can shine. And honestly, I need her to stop working with these men who have no idea how to use Gaga effectively.

Partner up with a woman director and go for broke 

• paws up 2
  • hugs 3

Pop-a-911-ster 29,067
On 10/3/2024 at 11:14 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Really excited to see what Gaga does next. I really hope she decides to not be a Co-lead with her next choice. she really needs her own project where she can shine. And honestly, I need her to stop working with these men who have no idea how to use Gaga effectively.

YAS

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,067
On 10/3/2024 at 11:14 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

I was so excited for this project when it got announced and I still am excited for the movie but it’s been crushing to see the reception.

I am happy that I basically ditched tracking this project after Venice though, it’s been helpful for my mental health avoiding all the meltdowns and daily tracking of low ticket sales.

It is what it is! Not every movie was gonna be a huge success/critically acclimated with awards discussion. Probably better we witness this now so we can expect the worse when it comes to future releases.

a biopic helps... point is who she can portray ::-):

Pop-a-911-ster 29,067
On 10/3/2024 at 10:36 AM, Leptine said:

But on the other hand, I've never seen anything like this before...

A panned movie being torn apart for its plot and direction, yet praised for its acting performances.

It's as if almost every poorly received movie gets slammed across the board, with acting failures usually being the main focus—except this time, when it comes to Gaga, who everyone seems to defend :dead:

Edited by Emi
  • paws up 1

Popstanne 5,552
On 10/3/2024 at 9:00 PM, Emi said:

but on the other side I have never witnessed something like this before...

like a panned movie being destroyed because of the plot + directing but being praised for the acting roles :dead:

It's as if almost every poorly received movie is criticized across the board, with acting failures being the main target except this time, when it comes to Gaga, who everyone seems to defend

No it has happened many times direction f-ups are not new even if its the greatest actor on screen

ARTPOPster 2,075

I yawned several times during the movie :enigma:i think this is most def getting a B or C for cinema score. Usually they’ll be a payoff or a takeaway theme for people watching the film but for this I can’t think of any as of now 

Pop-a-911-ster 29,067
On 10/3/2024 at 12:32 PM, Ayobabylon said:

No it has happened many times direction f-ups are not new even if its the greatest actor on screen

great actors BUT great performances in those panned movies? 

Pop-a-911-ster 29,067
On 10/2/2024 at 10:09 PM, Emi said:
  Hide contents

74 reviews already on RT still 53%

Spoiler

RT

91(+17) reviews
47%(-6%)

next update ~100 reviews

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 13,279

It’s literally going fo crossroads level :rip: and it’s such a shame, her own reviews are amazing but fadscar won’t touch this bomb. She needs to get back on the horse and film another film for next fall!

• thanks 2

ARTPOPster 1,101
On 10/3/2024 at 7:11 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

It’s literally going fo crossroads level :rip: and it’s such a shame, her own reviews are amazing but fadscar won’t touch this bomb. She needs to get back on the horse and film another film for next fall!

After this disaster, she just can't dissapear for another 3 years, and then reappear with another movie that only God nows how will end up.

She needs to film more quikly.....Evidently she doesn't need to film 2 or 3 films per year, as regular actors do. But 1 per year, or at least every 2 years. :excuseme:

Edited by XXXlop
  • paws up 1

Popstanne 5,990

I fear she's gonna take a long break after LG7 + tour, getting married and having a child, I don't see her going back filming a movie anytime soon.

• sad 1

ARTPOPster 1,101
On 10/3/2024 at 7:20 PM, Leptine said:

I fear she's gonna take a long break after LG7 + tour, getting married and having a child, I don't see her going back filming a movie anytime soon.

If the tour is starting early next year (very probable), she could finnish the tour around late summer (that's more than enough). 

Then she would have all 2025's Q3 and Q4 to film her next project (remember that CBT finnished in September, and JFAD started filming in November/December). After that, in 2026, she could get married and have children, while waiting for the movie release.

:oscar:

Edited by XXXlop
  • paws up 1