@Doncho  @Miaou please I need confirmation from experts :icant:

Pls in what world is that a twink 

Spoiler

Not that im against twinks but lets be fr

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,159

my two cents on the movie

Spoiler

i don't blame the critics who gave it a negative review... making Joker a musical was probably the single worst decision of Todd Philips' career, the only thing it did was take time from the plot, which was actually quite interesting. If you remove the songs, it has the potential to be a great film

As a fan of ActressGa, this is her best performance yet, but she was criminally underutilized. It doesn't matter that she's in half of the movie if she's singing in 90% of the scenes she's in. Her character had great potential, but we don't know basically anything about her motivations, which could've been explored had the songs not take over 3/4 of the movie

Overall, i'm extremely disappointed, especially as a Gaga fan. I was really happy and proud to see her on the big screen again, it's where she deserves to be, but she didn't deserve being mishandled like that. I'm particularly upset because I have no idea when her next movie is gonna be out, this wasn't supposed to be like this :gaga-scream:

F*ck you, Todd Philipps, I hope you get Damien Chazelle/Benioff and Weiss'd :nicki_scream:

I still think a BOS nom can happen though

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,854

Random fact but people were sighing inthe room when a new musical scene was coming. It's too musical heavy imo

Some musical scenes are just not needed. Gaga is more of her singer than an actress in this. Too bad because she was trully living her character.

That said I'm sure the movie will get some big awards nods on music, costumes, cinematography, original score. Because the movie is beautiful and some shot are amazing, let's give Todd Philip his flowers for this, honestly.

• love 1

ARTPOPster 2,075
On 10/3/2024 at 10:49 AM, OliverDespechao said:

He's a twink wdym :icant:

@Doncho  @Miaou please I need confirmation from experts :icant:

That’s not a twink he’s so hot I need him right now on me :bradley:

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 263

Wow this was really boring. I did not enjoy watching this :gaga-scream:. At least Gaga's scenes were stunning, but she did not get much screen time. 

ASIB > HOG > JFAD

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,841
On 10/3/2024 at 12:42 AM, Sour Candy said:

Wow this was really boring. I did not enjoy watching this :gaga-scream:. At least Gaga's scenes were stunning, but she did not get much screen time. 

ASIB > HOG > JFAD

100% agree. Each film she's been in has been progressively worse... She needs to pick better projects.

Spoiler

ASIB was amazing and HOG was fine, but this really is a mess of a movie. I kept thinking about it since I saw it Monday night and it's just such a BORE.

A Popster Is Born 14,385
On 10/3/2024 at 11:14 AM, ConnorFilm said:

100% agree. Each film she's been in has been progressively worse... She needs to pick better projects.

Hide contents

ASIB was amazing and HOG was fine, but this really is a mess of a movie. I kept thinking about it since I saw it Monday night and it's just such a BORE.

TBH ASIB was really boring too :bradley:

A Popster Is Born 19,289
On 10/3/2024 at 2:40 AM, Aloe said:

That’s not a twink he’s so hot I need him right now on me :bradley:

On 10/3/2024 at 12:11 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Pls in what world is that a twink 

Reveal hidden contents

Not that im against twinks but lets be fr

a twunk then :whatga:

Popstanne 5,549
On 10/3/2024 at 11:15 AM, Adarsh said:

TBH ASIB was really boring too :bradley:

Its a great film imo prolly the deserving best picture winner at 2018 oscars if it was not a remake 

Popster This Way 660

My two cents about the movie

Spoiler

The musical elements weren't the bigger part of the issue. Sure it could have been executed better. In some scenes the made sense but in other it felt forced/out of place and were little dragging. 

However I think people would be more forgiving if the storyline wouldn't have been so uneventful. Where was the action and the big twists? The ending was underwhelming as well. 

And Gaga definitely was underutilised as they never portrayed her in-depth character. I think more single scenes would have been better.

But not all was bad as there were a lot of small bright spots of the way the musical elements were incorporated and the last scene of Joker and Lee....

I would give the movie a 6/10.

On 10/3/2024 at 12:44 AM, ConnorFilm said:

Reveal hidden contents

Like I said on ATRL, Gaga should work with young & fresh talent or upcoming screenwriters. Her overall vibe just doesn't work with these more old school male centric Hollywood types for the most part.

On 10/3/2024 at 1:56 AM, Gaga Banana said:

On the bright side, this will definitely become Gagas biggest box office movie globally. 

Yep, and her first #1 movie domestically. It'll also push her main acting credits past $1B.

• love 2