Official Joker: Folie A Deux Discussion thread

Gaga discussion pinned featured

Dirkje

A Popster Is Born 14,385
On 10/2/2024 at 10:41 PM, Emi said:

Jessica’s Joan Crawford is sublime :bradley:

I know right. That made me discover Joan Crawford and watch her movies. Truly a legendary woman. 

• yaas, gaga 2

ARTPOPster 1,101
On 10/2/2024 at 7:00 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

but everyone is also saying Gaga is great and that the issue is they didn’t go enough with her character and that they should’ve had her in the movie more etc. so yeah, Gaga’s acting career isn’t over lol 

I would be OK with that, if her last movie wasn't released 3 years ago, and if her next movie wouldn't be released in 3 years. That's a 6 year-gap, without any major and positive acting input in her career.....and she's already turning 40.

That's the real problem.

Popstanne 5,553
On 10/2/2024 at 10:43 PM, Adarsh said:

I know right. That made me discover Joan Crawford and watch her movies. Truly a legendary woman. 

Me with bette davis n i loved whatever happened to baby jane as well 

bette davis was better than Katherine hepburn imo 

• yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 4,841

So far this week, 14 reviews have been added, with only 4 positive. I fear the hate bandwagon among the critic crowd has begun. I was nervous this would happen. It’s clear critics were waiting to see what their peers were thinking. I really see this getting panned. With only 60- something reviews, this is going to get at least 200 more reviews added in the coming weeks. This might end up like the 2018 Venom that got a 30%.

Edited by ConnorFilm
  • hugs 1
  • sad 2

Popstanne 5,990
On 10/2/2024 at 5:44 PM, Ayobabylon said:

I thought I was the only one omg although i haven't seen ahs post hotel n 1984 

But I have seen mildred, hollywood, pose, feud: joan n bette, monster series

I love the vintage vibes in his shows although its true that most of his shows lose spark post 5 ep but I still love me some ryan murphy 

I'm watching Ryan Murphy shows since when I didn't even know it was him behind them, from 'Popular' to 'Nip|Tuck' where his style of putting hot men naked started, then I didn't miss anything from AHS, 'Pose' is one of my fave.

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,067
On 10/2/2024 at 2:24 PM, ConnorFilm said:

So far this week, 14 reviews have been added, with only 4 positive. I fear the hate bandwagon among the critic crowd has begun. I was nervous this would happen. It’s clear critics were waiting to see what their peers were thinking. I really see this getting panned. With only 60- something reviews, this is going to get at least 200 more reviews added in the coming weeks. This might end up like the 2018 Venom that got a 30%.

anything could happen but it's true a lot of negative reviews came together and it's a bad sign

ARTPOPster 1,745
Spoiler

Can someone who thinks Gaga doesn't play a lot explain his opinion to me? She's got the second most screentime after joker, she has so many solo songs, she's there in the last scene, she's everywhere! 

Popstanne 5,990
On 10/2/2024 at 6:13 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

other than happy mistake being a hit in switzelrand and close to you going viral on insta we need some faith in something hihi

Ana de Armas was nominated 2 years ago with a 50 MC movie, rotten with 42%, it got 10 Razzie nominations (her performance was not nominated with Razzies) and she managed to get nominated at the Oscars, it's not impossible, however at this point seems that the consensuos is for her to go supporting.

Pop-a-911-ster 29,067
On 10/2/2024 at 2:50 PM, Leptine said:

Ana de Armas was nominated 2 years ago with a 50 MC movie, rotten with 42%, it got 10 Razzie nominations (her performance was not nominated with Razzies) and she managed to get nominated at the Oscars, it's not impossible, however at this point seems that the consensuos is for her to go supporting.

this reminds me of Glenn Close nominated at the Oscars and Razzies for the same performance: Supporting Actress for Hillbilly Elegy (2020)

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 11,855

Just seen the movie

I will make my full review tomorrow. But I had a very nice moment. Just a bit too much musical scenes that kinda kill the rythm imo (Gaga is too musical in this movie as well). I totally get some people won't like it tbh

But it was a great sequel overall 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,067

@Sun in the other thread posted

"Joker previews holding steady and seeing a slight rise. $7M previews plus $1M early shows in the cards. So $50-60M+ OW can still happen. Looks like presales got Fri/Sat/Sun are also steady, slightly increasing against comps. Good news. 

It's also set to open bigger than the first film in Brazil"

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 2
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 4,841
On 10/2/2024 at 1:43 PM, Emi said:

@Sun in the other thread posted

"Joker previews holding steady and seeing a slight rise. $7M previews plus $1M early shows in the cards. So $50-60M+ OW can still happen. Looks like presales got Fri/Sat/Sun are also steady, slightly increasing against comps. Good news. 

It's also set to open bigger than the first film in Brazil"

If this opens at $60M, I'll be happy. It's already bad, but anything under $56M would be a disaster. Even The Flash with Ezra Miller opened with $55M last year. :bradley:

A Popster Is Born 14,385
On 10/2/2024 at 10:54 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Like I said, it’s best if we stop tracking the reviews now. We already know enough :icant:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 13,279

Not her getting her ‘crossroads’ moment. I genuinely thought she could hold at 60 like Gucci - it was a miracle that film stayed fresh, but I guess it didn’t debut at Venice so it didn’t have a ‘first round’. Audience score in still hopeful for 60+

Popstanne 5,990
On 10/2/2024 at 9:00 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Not her getting her ‘crossroads’ moment. I genuinely thought she could hold at 60 like Gucci - it was a miracle that film stayed fresh, but I guess it didn’t debut at Venice so it didn’t have a ‘first round’. Audience score in still hopeful for 60+

'Crossroads' did X5 its budget, will this? :ohhh:

Kindness Admin 7,949
On 10/2/2024 at 3:00 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Tbh audience score is going to be brutal I think. Don’t look forward to that, lol. 

The film deserves a 50s - early 60s something score imo. I hope it holds on to 60/61. If Gucci can, this can tbh. 

Popster to Popster 4,841
On 10/2/2024 at 2:44 PM, Emi said:

I'm going to coordinate with @OnionGirl and try to stop the bleeding as much as we can. I remember we both emailed the RT team back in 2021-2022 to add a BUNCH of missing positive reviews for HOG. If it wasn't for all those added reviews, it would've dipped below 60%. I'd love if we could keep this as high as we can, even tho I think it's staying rotten. 

• hugs 1
  • thanks 9