Official Joker: Folie A Deux Discussion thread

Gaga discussion pinned featured

Dirkje

Popstanne 5,990

The role and the project were perfect for her on the paper, the concept was valid, I don't blame for accepting, sadly the director ended up not being capable to execute properly a movie like this.

• paws up 2
  • hugs 1
  • sad 1
  • thanks 4
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,067
On 9/29/2024 at 12:42 PM, Leptine said:

The role and the project were perfect for her on the paper, the concept was valid, I don't blame for accepting, sadly the director ended up not being capable to execute properly a movie like this.

I still have faith in the box-office numbers

Pop Tv Please GIF by One Day At A Time

• hugs 1

Popster for Sale 44,129

I think it's low-key gonna bomb in the UK :dead:

There are certain screenings on the first day that have 0 tickets sold.

• shook 1
  • hugs 1
  • sad 2
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,067
On 9/29/2024 at 3:15 PM, BenG said:

Holy sh!t

A Popster Is Born 13,279
On 9/29/2024 at 7:15 PM, BenG said:

It’s weird cause at my local cinema it’s almost sold out the first day, then at the bigger cinema there’s way less seats sold. I think some cinemas are walk up heavy, some are pre book heavy. I have faith it’ll still hit 500m WW and she’ll get out of this alive.

This should’ve been a no brainer lol f*ck Todd!

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1
  • hugs 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,067
On 9/29/2024 at 5:38 PM, Emi said:

Every review I see on TikTok is mixed to negative :bradley:

I will stop here

But I need to clarify most of them are Joker fans

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 46,548
On 9/30/2024 at 3:38 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

It’s weird cause at my local cinema it’s almost sold out the first day, then at the bigger cinema there’s way less seats sold. I think some cinemas are walk up heavy, some are pre book heavy. I have faith it’ll still hit 500m WW and she’ll get out of this alive.

This should’ve been a no brainer lol f*ck Todd!

She will get out alive even if it bombs, her performance is praised and she's further solidified herself as a huge asset to any director: she's proven to be a great actress yet again, she provides a lot of free publicity and her musical talent to projects, and she is so engaged going as far as recording an album for the movie. No controversy around the press tour either this time as she's more confident and doesn't feel the need to prove how much of a real actess she is.

Also she'll be quick to move on. Manifesting that in the worst case scenario this is just a good launching pad for LG7 era. 

Of course this has been a major letdown (so far) both in commercial and critical performance, but I still think all things considered it'll be a net positive for Gaga. For DC/Phillips and maybe even Joaquin (who has some badwill right now) is a different story though.

Edited by OreoÀDeux
  • paws up 3
  • thanks 2

The Fame Popster 418
On 9/29/2024 at 4:40 PM, Emi said:

But I need to clarify most of them are Joker fans

I've seen some tiktoks of comic book/movie  "influencers" trashing the movie, but it looks like most of them hate musicals or dislike gaga.

I remember Grace said something like when the first critics are bad, then the new critics are going to follow that trend, I feel like a lot of tiktokers are just repeating the bad critics to look like they know what they're talking. 

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,067
On 9/29/2024 at 8:04 PM, José said:

I've seen some tiktoks of comic book/movie  "influencers" trashing the movie, but it looks like most of them hate musicals or dislike gaga.

I remember Grace said something like when the first critics are bad, then the new critics are going to follow that trend, I feel like a lot of tiktokers are just repeating the bad critics to look like they know what they're talking. 

Yup to everything. That’s the reason I stopped watching them.

I will go to the theater and enjoy it

• paws up 1
  • love 1

ARTPOPster 2,075

The Wild Robot (animated movie) debuted with $35m this week in the US and it had no promo basically :enigma: so FAD will prob realistically make $70m at least because I think walk in sales cannot be underestimated :enigma: 

but imagine if FAD made like $50m which will only be $15m higher than TWR… oh the lashings will be so severe 

A Popster Is Born 13,279
On 9/30/2024 at 12:17 AM, Hags Labs said:

To think that we thought the success was on lock for this one :bradley: A part of me still believes that the movie will not bomb tho

Asia pre-sales are going well apparently

it's defintely not touching 1bn but i think we need to relax, it wont be a panned rotten bomb 

USA i think 55-60m OW is coming, but the narrative may change surrounding it if it holds a bit better

• thanks 1