Official Joker: Folie A Deux Discussion thread

Gaga discussion pinned featured

Dirkje

Popster for Sale 46,615
On 9/20/2024 at 3:28 AM, nydedan said:

so someone in the BOT thread said:

Reveal hidden contents

funny enough pre orders opened way before in my country, and my city has only two major theaters in which those tickets werent selling that much but now theyre selling and a lot faster, guess people were really waiting closer to the release

that's an atrl user who has no real knowledge of box office afaik

HOWEVER I feel like most of the news we've gotten lately from the posters there have been positive in the past couple of days so maybe there's still hope!

• paws up 1

Popstanne 5,995
On 9/20/2024 at 11:29 AM, OreoÀDeux said:

that's an atrl user who has no real knowledge of box office afaik

HOWEVER I feel like most of the news we've gotten lately from the posters there have been positive in the past couple of days so maybe there's still hope!

Yeah.. the ‘onikamaraj’ nickname was a red flag but I didn’t want to say it to kill the enthusiasm, not even sure if they are trolling with that post.

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 46,615
On 9/20/2024 at 10:34 AM, Leptine said:

Yeah.. the ‘onikamaraj’ nickname was a red flag but I didn’t want to say it to kill the enthusiasm, not even sure if they are trolling with that post.

they've been meltdowning over J:FAD BO on the Gaga base I think 

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 46,615

News on the BoxOffice tracking forum: 

«Growth rate continues to be solid. It settled around 5% a day earlier in the week, but moving up to 10% already.

I'll probably need to cull the comps at a certain point. I still have Aquaman comjg online in a few days which I'll want. »

• paws up 6
  • love 4

Popster for Sale 46,615

@Leptine It had been such an interesting anthropological experience being perched on the boxoffice forums

I don't understand most of the things they're saying but most importantly I don't understand why they care so goddamn much about the Transformers movie :icant:

• lol 1

Popstanne 5,995
On 9/20/2024 at 5:40 PM, OreoÀDeux said:

@Leptine It had been such an interesting anthropological experience being perched on the boxoffice forums

I don't understand most of the things they're saying but most importantly I don't understand why they care so goddamn much about the Transformers movie :icant:

Majority of users are straight incels over there with a minority of gay nerds, the Transformers movie is like discussing a popgirl release for them :icant: but yeah I don't understand the numbers stuff as well, I was reading there also during HOG.

• lol 1

Moderator 9,580

Its so lovely being a Little Monster rn. Reading and posting news after news after news. Life is good! Queen Gaga is on top rn! <3

• love 1

The Fame Popster 448

So glad to see the Box Office numbers continuing to improve. It was really silly to see the chatter online and the headlines declaring the movie a flop off of like 3 days of presales a month before its release.

I've been looking up the tickets in my area (Los Angeles) and it was definitely pretty slow in the first few days. There were a lot of screenings I saw that had no tickets or only a few sold. Now pretty much every showing I look up has a decent number of seats sold.

The IMAX and Dolby showings are doing particularly well, most of the IMAX showings at The Universal Studios AMC (closest theatre to me) are close to or completely sold out for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. They even have 7AM showings on Sat/Sunday that have sold about 30 tickets each so far.

• paws up 3

On 9/20/2024 at 4:45 PM, Pie-kun said:

So glad to see the Box Office numbers continuing to improve. It was really silly to see the chatter online and the headlines declaring the movie a flop off of like 3 days of presales a month before its release.

I've been looking up the tickets in my area (Los Angeles) and it was definitely pretty slow in the first few days. There were a lot of screenings I saw that had no tickets or only a few sold. Now pretty much every showing I look up has a decent number of seats sold.

The IMAX and Dolby showings are doing particularly well, most of the IMAX showings at The Universal Studios AMC (closest theatre to me) are close to or completely sold out for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. They even have 7AM showings on Sat/Sunday that have sold about 30 tickets each so far.

it was clear from the slow start that this wasn’t playing like a regular MCU/DC flick where fans boggle up presales month(s) before. the first Joker only had one week of presales to gauge which is why many were confused by the slow pace of sales beginning of the month, there was no actual correlative data like they usually do. w presales finally picking up as we get closer and promo finally kicking in next week, opening weekend should still be healthy numbers even if it doesn’t hit the table original expectations 

• love 1

Popster for Sale 46,615

Latest update on BO thread:

Spoiler

Joker 2 Friday (T-14) 3 days of sales

29 showtimes/281 tix sold (+66)

Missed Deadpool 3 (T-14) [???]

Missed Beetlejuice 2 (T-14) [???]

5.30x Trap (T-14) [23.43m]

4.46x Alien Romulus (T-14) [51.65m

Very strong growth

• paws up 4
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 2

Popster to Popster 4,841
On 9/21/2024 at 12:02 AM, OreoÀDeux said:

Latest update on BO thread:

Hide contents

Joker 2 Friday (T-14) 3 days of sales

29 showtimes/281 tix sold (+66)

Missed Deadpool 3 (T-14) [???]

Missed Beetlejuice 2 (T-14) [???]

5.30x Trap (T-14) [23.43m]

4.46x Alien Romulus (T-14) [51.65m

Very strong growth

What do these numbers mean? 

ARTPOPster 1,331
On 9/18/2024 at 10:53 PM, Lazz Monster said:

the way literally everyone was predicting Gaga to win the oscar after the bafta noms, then we went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in like one morning :bradley:

and they didn't even give Margot Robbie a nom for the most commercial successful movie of the year

Academy commitee is really a b*tch for doing these girls dirty

A Popster Is Born 14,385
On 9/21/2024 at 11:29 AM, Gabi said:

Taiwan is adding special  IMAX screening everywhere, which is a very promising sight.:whatga:

People are rushing to cinema to see Gaga.

We love Taiwan