Official Joker: Folie A Deux Discussion thread

Gaga discussion pinned featured

Dirkje

Popster to Popster 4,613
On 9/16/2024 at 1:46 PM, Emi said:

I don't see her getting a nomination but good for Pamela

If I'm not wrong the movie doesn't even have a distributor so she can't be nominated, but yeah I don't see it as well, some small awards, critics circle, but I doubt the Academy, her contribution to the movie industry has been zero outside of this movie.

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 9/16/2024 at 4:47 PM, Leptine said:

This year is shaped to be messy in similar way in lead actress imo, there's no a clear frontrunner (maybe Nicole, but she has an erotic thriller movie not very typical for the Academy tastes from what I read), everybody has something going on against.

Jolie and Adams lost all the buzz as well.

Not to mention Lead actress also has became packed, I think you can drop your lead category placement fantasy along with
@ItsGenuineGuy09

Nicole won't get nominated

I think Mickey madison n karla Sofía Gascón are the leading contenders

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 9/16/2024 at 5:16 PM, Emi said:

I don't see her getting a nomination but good for Pamela

There are some names academy won't take seriously no matter how hard you try 

And im afraid this will be the same case, it happened with jlo in the past for hustlers bc not only she deserved a nod but also deserved to win 

Spoiler

People won't agree here but im afraid selena Gomez is also the same case i just don't see her getting in for some reason

Popster to Popster 4,613
On 9/16/2024 at 3:29 PM, Ayobabylon said:

There are some names academy won't take seriously no matter how hard you try 

And im afraid this will be the same case, it happened with jlo in the past for hustlers bc not only she deserved a nod but also deserved to win 

Reveal hidden contents

People won't agree here but im afraid selena Gomez is also the same case i just don't see her getting in for some reason

It's one of the most elitary club on Earth, Gaga's nomination for ASIB wasn't granted either even if she had a strong vehicle and hit all the precursors, I remember there was anxiety between me and Gaga stans posting in the awards thread of ATRL back in the day because they could have totally done her wrong like it happened instead for HOG when she seemed more locked, also because it was her first movie, rarely people have been nominated at their first feature.

It could also be the first and last nomination in her career, like it happens to majority of actors that manage to get nominated. It's just not easy get in.

That is why I don't want her to go lead with a supporting performance, it's better not going ahead of oneself in this stuff.

I personally don't think Gomez is getting nominated, from what I heard her performance is not even particularly good, I can be wrong of course and she can get in because of the strenght of her movie, but still, also at the Emmys she received her first nomination just this year when the rest of the cast it's been years that get nominations and SAG never nominated her singular, BAFTA will be even a bigger hurdle.

They have denied nominations to more serious, legendary and prolific actresses, when it comes to popstars their bias is even lot much bigger, this also played as factor in Gaga HOG snub, she was making it seems it was too easy.

• paws up 2
  • sad 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108
On 9/16/2024 at 11:25 AM, Leptine said:

They have denied nominations to more serious, legendary and prolific actresses, when it comes to popstars their bias is even lot much bigger, this also played as factor in Gaga HOG snub, she was making it seems it was too easy.

YES! I remember some singers believed they could get an Oscar nomination after Gaga in ASIB got it...

Someone remembers Harry Styles? :laughga:

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,908

Rotten Tomatoes:

JFÀD: 63 (+1) 

48 reviews 

Gaga doesn’t have as much to work with, but her Grammy-winning vocals do help propel the biggest set pieces to explosive heights

~Awards daily 

• paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 2
  • love 3

Popster to Popster 4,613
On 9/16/2024 at 9:20 PM, Lazz Monster said:

Todd Philips when i catch you...

Seriously… Well at least it’s positive so let’s take it as long as Rotten keeps rising :pray:

• love 1

The Fame Popster 488

This year’s Oscar’s are the 97th, and Gaga will for sure try to have a nom for the 100th anniversary ceremony. That year will be filled with award hopeful movies as just being nominated would be historic. 

I think she’ll need to have a few smaller, more genre-expanding roles before she tries again with an awards contender. Comedy/Romance/Action are good routes to go, and depending on who she’s cast with, it could be a hit. I want her in a Knives Out/Oceans 8 ensemble or a The Lost City/Bullet Train/Argylle action/comedy film. If they got her out of ARTPOP, I’m sure her team can navigate out of a flop movie; then again, the movie business is different than the music business, and they might need to expand their team

Popster to Popster 4,613
On 9/17/2024 at 1:01 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Down to 68m opening tracking, what’s wrong with people! Buy tickets 

Gosh.. This has became so exhausting I thought things were improving :dead:

Popster to Popster 4,613
On 9/17/2024 at 1:34 AM, ConnorFilm said:

I thought things were improving, too. This is horrible. 

On the comments on Reddit about this article, they claim it’s gonna continue to drop until 40-50s :dead:

• shook 3
  • sad 2