Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

Kindness Admin 7,527

I'll put this in a spoiler tag for anyone that doesn't want to be depressed by JFAD projections. But BoxOfficePro revised their OG estimate for JFAD.

Spoiler

What a difference a week makes. Awareness and social media buzz had our forecasting panel riding high on the Joker sequel ahead of its October 4 debut. Early ticket sales in the film’s pre-sales window suggest otherwise. Sluggish demand from our panel of exhibitors paints a challenging picture for a movie we had originally tagged as a $100M+ lock in its opening weekend. That benchmark now appears to be the ceiling, not the floor, unless business picks up significantly in the weeks leading to release. A lukewarm reaction out of the Venice Film Festival isn’t helping its cause either, with a critical reception suggesting a potentially divisive response from its core audience.

New forecast: $60 – $100M
Original forecast: $115M – $145M

Forecasts change a lot these days, but I won't lie, it's super rare to see projections drop like this and then recover :wtfga:

That said, I'm still holding to 100+.

• paws up 5
  • sad 3
  • thanks 4
  • lol 3

On 9/13/2024 at 4:13 PM, admin said:

I'll put this in a spoiler tag for anyone that doesn't want to be depressed by JFAD projections. But BoxOfficePro revised their OG estimate for JFAD.

Reveal hidden contents

What a difference a week makes. Awareness and social media buzz had our forecasting panel riding high on the Joker sequel ahead of its October 4 debut. Early ticket sales in the film’s pre-sales window suggest otherwise. Sluggish demand from our panel of exhibitors paints a challenging picture for a movie we had originally tagged as a $100M+ lock in its opening weekend. That benchmark now appears to be the ceiling, not the floor, unless business picks up significantly in the weeks leading to release. A lukewarm reaction out of the Venice Film Festival isn’t helping its cause either, with a critical reception suggesting a potentially divisive response from its core audience.

New forecast: $60 – $100M
Original forecast: $115M – $145M

Forecasts change a lot these days, but I won't lie, it's super rare to see projections drop like this and then recover :wtfga:

That said, I'm still holding to 100+.

Omg make it stop

I just bought opening night tickets :enigma:

• hugs 3
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 11,812
On 9/13/2024 at 8:38 PM, PanPikus said:

I just want a humble #10 on IFPI this year 

STOP flopping GodGa :door:

The timing just doesnt help so I am not expecting it to be in the Top 10 tbh :disappointed:

Spoiler

#humble?

• hugs 1

I'm still hopeful that things will pick up for Joker in the coming weeks. I've been checking my locally theatres (I'm in LA) and they've been slowly filling up.

I think I read a few days ago that the international sales were looking solid so far, hopefully that's remained true.

Edited by Pie-kun
  • paws up 7
  • love 1

If Doechii's part was extended and just sung by Doja Cat it would be a 3 week #1 on Pop radio I fear

edit: clarifying that it would need to be a solo Doja song not Katy ft. Doja :icant:

Edited by Arturo
  • lol 2