Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

On 9/10/2024 at 9:31 PM, Fame Romance said:

Most days above 10M streams on the Spotify chart:

1. Flowers (29 days)

2. As It Was (18 days)

3. Please Please Please, Espresso, Good 4 U (16 days)

4. Seven (14 days)

5. Drivers Licence, All I Want for Christmas Is You, Stay (12 days)

6. Bzrp Session 53 (10 days)

7. Die With a Smile*, Million Dollar Baby (9 days)

* currently above 10M

Flowers OMG. What a smash. 

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108
On 9/10/2024 at 3:31 PM, Fame Romance said:

Most days above 10M streams on the Spotify Global chart:

1. Flowers (29 days)

2. As It Was (18 days)

3. Please Please Please, Espresso, Good 4 U (16 days)

4. Seven (14 days)

5. Drivers Licence, All I Want for Christmas Is You, Stay (12 days)

6. Bzrp Session 53 (10 days)

7. Die With a Smile*, Million Dollar Baby, Fortnight (9 days)

* currently above 10M

for a moment I thought Million Dollar Baby was Ava's song :dead:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108
On 9/10/2024 at 3:45 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Bad Romance just hit 1.3 billion streams on Spotity :shine:

Spotities :whatga:

• shook 1
  • lol 3

The Fame Popster 488

Okay, I have yet to hear DWAS on my work radio and ik they aren’t afraid of new releases bc I’ve heard both of Katy’s flops play recently. They also play SL, BR, and HMH pretty regularly, so they aren’t Gaga-phobic. Time to take matters into my own hands! I’m gonna request the song on lunch; I’ll let y’all know how that goes

• love 4

Kindness Admin 7,527

Just a note that everyone is entitled to love and support any artist they like. Others don’t have to be a fan, of course, but don’t drag people/artists just because you dislike them. There’s no benefit spending time and energy arguing completely different numbers/music/performances/etc that in the end just prove that each artist is a pretty big success (and artists have highs and lows - something we should know well). We have a need to compete, especially against Gaga, and it’s really not necessary or productive.

You can always mute someone. But you can also DM them and try to be civil and see if you can get along without arguing over and over. And if you can’t, maybe that’s ok - you have differing opinions, but you can both hopefully move on and not let it eat at you.

The best thing you can ever do is be kind to someone who annoys you, try to listen and then move on and have a better rest of your day.

Also, as someone in their mid-30s I absolutely love Gaga, Bey, Adele, Taylor and many of the new girls like Billie, Chappell and Olivia. I don’t really care for Tate, Kim P or even Britney. It’s cool, happy for them anyway. I’ve never loved Katy, but I love a lot of her songs and I am mostly sad for her and hope people [like us] don’t ruin her mood (and yes, I agree she partially did this to herself by her choices, but anyway).

TMI:

Calm Down Chill Out GIF by Justin

• paws up 5
  • hugs 4
  • thanks 2
  • love 7

Popster to Popster 2,900
On 9/10/2024 at 8:50 PM, admin said:

Just a note that everyone is entitled to love and support any artist they like. Others don’t have to be a fan, of course, but don’t drag people/artists just because you dislike them. There’s no benefit spending time and energy arguing completely different numbers/music/performances/etc that in the end just prove that each artist is a pretty big success (and artists have highs and lows - something we should know well). We have a need to compete, especially against Gaga, and it’s really not necessary or productive.

You can always mute someone. But you can also DM them and try to be civil and see if you can get along without arguing over and over. And if you can’t, maybe that’s ok - you have differing opinions, but you can both hopefully move on and not let it eat at you.

The best thing you can ever do is be kind to someone who annoys you, try to listen and then move on and have a better rest of your day.

Also, as someone in their mid-30s I absolutely love Gaga, Bey, Adele, Taylor and many of the new girls like Billie, Chappell and Olivia. I don’t really care for Tate, Kim P or even Britney. It’s cool, happy for them anyway. I’ve never loved Katy, but I love a lot of her songs and I am mostly sad for her and hope people [like us] don’t ruin her mood (and yes, I agree she partially did this to herself by her choices, but anyway).

TMI:

Calm Down Chill Out GIF by Justin

Thank you @adminfor these words, I apologize again to the users of this wonderful forum for what happened, I promise that I will never discuss that way with any user again. I take responsibility for what happened today, I made mistakes towards several users and I shared negativity and this thing I did was wrong.

You are a special part of how I experience music, but today I bought myself as a boring twitter stan.

I appreciate you very much, I will take a few days off because I think it's right after my unfortunate behavior today but I will continue to broadcast DWAS ❤️

- with love, ReadyGaga:prideheart:

• love 3

On 9/10/2024 at 7:59 PM, Imtired1616 said:

Why does this kinda sound like the end of the Chromatica Ball clip? :ew:

i can’t quite put my finger on it but this sounds… empty? 

also a lot going on in the chorus, i wonder if it will stick  

• thanks 1

Popstanne 7,571
On 9/10/2024 at 8:59 PM, Imtired1616 said:

I hadn't heard it before but the chorus indeed sounds very similar to WCBF

A Popster Is Born 12,807
On 9/10/2024 at 7:50 PM, admin said:

You can always mute someone. B

I think this feature should mean that the other person can’t see your posts either, like a block. That would be perfect ::-):

-

Kworb AM

#3 Sweden 
#3 Switzerland 

they coming back for #1. They were stuck at #4 for weeks hihi 💋

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,736
On 9/10/2024 at 8:06 PM, GraceRandolph said:

I hope they decide to campaign Gaga in lead. I think the chance of a nomination is higher than people think.

Grace Randolph was talking about the Wicked the other day and she thinks competition is harder on supporting actress this year. She thinks the lead has lighter competition

Kindness Admin 7,527
On 9/10/2024 at 2:59 PM, Imtired1616 said:

I kinda love it tbh

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 25,796

Genuine question: is it me or the song is gaining very few videos in the last days? Maybe I’m wrong but I think I’m seeing 580k videos since ages.

I know we dont need tiktok when we are already smashing, I’m just curious

On 9/10/2024 at 10:00 PM, xo_hours said:

:really:

Isn't this illegal?

Apparently not. 

The tweet appears to be promoting a fake advertisement, using the names of Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, and a chain like Raising Cane's (based on your reference to "Cane's logo"). In situations like these, several legal issues could arise, especially if a brand or artists’ names are being used without permission.

Here’s a breakdown of potential legal consequences:

Trademark Infringement: If Raising Cane’s logo or brand was used without permission, this could be a violation of trademark law. Brands are protective of their trademarks and logos, and unauthorized use, especially for commercial gain or to deceive consumers, could result in a lawsuit.

False Advertising: If people were misled by the tweet, believing they could receive a free sandwich by showing a specific song, this could be considered false advertising. Though the user may claim it was a joke or satire, false advertising laws exist to protect consumers from such deceptive claims.

Defamation: If the fake ad harms the reputation of the companies or individuals involved (such as Raising Cane's, Lady Gaga, or Bruno Mars), they might pursue defamation claims. This is more likely if the ad could be seen as damaging to the brand’s image or credibility.

Right of Publicity: Artists like Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars also have a right to control how their names and likenesses are used commercially. Unauthorized use of their names in this context could be a violation of their right of publicity, leading to potential lawsuits.

Whether or not this fan could be sued depends on the actions of the companies and individuals involved. However, in many cases, cease-and-desist letters are sent first before any legal action is taken.

If the post was meant purely as a joke and doesn’t cause significant harm, legal consequences may not follow, but there’s always a risk when using others' brands and names without permission.

Edited by lookwhatyoumademedo
  • lol 5

Popster for Sale 44,632
On 9/10/2024 at 8:35 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Isn't this illegal?

The tweet appears to be promoting a fake advertisement, using the names of Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, and a chain like Raising Cane's (based on your reference to "Cane's logo"). In situations like these, several legal issues could arise, especially if a brand or artists’ names are being used without permission.

Here’s a breakdown of potential legal consequences:

Trademark Infringement: If Raising Cane’s logo or brand was used without permission, this could be a violation of trademark law. Brands are protective of their trademarks and logos, and unauthorized use, especially for commercial gain or to deceive consumers, could result in a lawsuit.

False Advertising: If people were misled by the tweet, believing they could receive a free sandwich by showing a specific song, this could be considered false advertising. Though the user may claim it was a joke or satire, false advertising laws exist to protect consumers from such deceptive claims.

Defamation: If the fake ad harms the reputation of the companies or individuals involved (such as Raising Cane's, Lady Gaga, or Bruno Mars), they might pursue defamation claims. This is more likely if the ad could be seen as damaging to the brand’s image or credibility.

Right of Publicity: Artists like Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars also have a right to control how their names and likenesses are used commercially. Unauthorized use of their names in this context could be a violation of their right of publicity, leading to potential lawsuits.

Whether or not this fan could be sued depends on the actions of the companies and individuals involved. However, in many cases, cease-and-desist letters are sent first before any legal action is taken.

If the post was meant purely as a joke and doesn’t cause significant harm, legal consequences may not follow, but there’s always a risk when using others' brands and names without permission.

:rip:

• lol 2