Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

Popstanne 9,368
On 9/10/2024 at 8:51 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

I wonder if HMHAS could match WWAFA... in terms of US units. It already has 1.4M units. She will probably need another hit from this album. They should push "Blue." 

"HIT ME HARD AND SOFT" units sold on Billboard 200:

Week 1 - 339K
Week 2 - 145K
Week 3 - 117K
Week 4 - 106K
Week 5 - 84K
Week 6 - 70K
Week 7 - 63K
Week 8 - 58K
Week 9 - 57K
Week 10 - 54K
Week 11 - 53K
Week 12 - 57K
Week 13 - 57K
Week 14 - 53K
Week 15 - 53K
Week 16 - 49K

Wild Flower is already taking off

ARTPOPster 1,079
On 9/10/2024 at 6:51 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

I wonder if HMHAS could match WWAFA... in terms of US units. It already has 1.4M units. She will probably need another hit from this album. They should push "Blue." 

"HIT ME HARD AND SOFT" units sold on Billboard 200:

Week 1 - 339K
Week 2 - 145K
Week 3 - 117K
Week 4 - 106K
Week 5 - 84K
Week 6 - 70K
Week 7 - 63K
Week 8 - 58K
Week 9 - 57K
Week 10 - 54K
Week 11 - 53K
Week 12 - 57K
Week 13 - 57K
Week 14 - 53K
Week 15 - 53K
Week 16 - 49K

Wilflower is already blowing up on Tiktok with the trend of hugging your past self with AI

A Popster Is Born 13,394
On 9/10/2024 at 11:34 PM, Lazz Monster said:

It’s not just fans, Grace also says it was a flop BO-wise

i definitely don’t agree that it was a “waste of time”, it did wonders for her career as an actress, I’ll always defend this movie

but we gotta be honest, it had a $75M budget and the general rule of thumb is that, for a movie to just break even, it needs to make 2-2.5x its budget, so with a gross of $166M, we can’t say it was a box office hit at all

(I actually love the movie btw, I’m really not hating on it)

I get your point but that would work if the movie was released in a non-Covid era. Something like HOG making $166M in 2021 was more than just a pleasant surprise. 

• paws up 1
  • love 1

On 9/10/2024 at 6:48 PM, ReadyGaga said:

Bad Guy 650.000 daily streams

Lover (song) 1.300.000 daily streams 

Is froantloaded in the room with us ?

You cherry-picked her most songs apart from Cruel Summer? :eyega:

Look What You Made Me Do 452,454
Willow 427,452
Bad Blood (Taylor's Version) 126,174

Blank Space (Taylor's Version)Bad Guy didn't have great longevity, but it was still a gargantuan hit during its chart run. Taylor will never achieve a #1 IFPI single.    

Still, this says nothing about BOAF's longevity.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,694
On 9/10/2024 at 11:30 AM, Moonlight Shadow said:

I rencently digged her music and I trully love Chappell ! Probably my biggest crush for a new pop girl for years :oscar:

We see Gaga's inspiration already in this shoot... It's literally Gaga's wig at the BTWB.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPNneLUn5KDrs6_liMmXr

• paws up 2
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,694
On 9/10/2024 at 11:33 AM, Aloe said:

Her power that she can even get number ones without MVs :bradley:

With radio payola, everyone can do it.

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 2,900
On 9/10/2024 at 5:55 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

You cherry-picked her most songs apart from Cruel Summer? :eyega:

Look What You Made Me Do 452,454
Willow 427,452
Bad Blood (Taylor's Version) 126,174

Blank Space (Taylor's Version)Bad Guy didn't have great longevity, but it was still a gargantuan hit during its chart run. Taylor will never achieve a #1 IFPI single.    

Still, this says nothing about BOAF's longevity.

As if fortnight won't have better daily streams than BOAF in 2 years... and you just proved that taylor has better daily streams cause Willow is out streaming almost every other #1 hits of 2020 and LWYMMD is only the 4th most streamed song of Reputation. I won'T comment the taylor's version cause honetsly is a totally different thing any other publication of other pop girls

On 9/10/2024 at 6:52 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Its doing so well be an a** of an album filled with tiktok baits not surprised though but boaf is such a terrible song

Your opinion = subjective. 
The numbers = not subjective. 

The reality is that she struck gold with this album. It's a super acclaimed commercial juggernaut that is as big as her debut. She will probably win her second AOTY with this.   

On 9/10/2024 at 6:59 PM, ReadyGaga said:

As if fortnight won't have better daily streams than BOAF in 2 years... and you just proved that taylor has better daily streams cause Willow is out streaming almost every other #1 hits of 2020 and LWYMMD is only the 4th most streamed song of Reputation. I won'T comment the taylor's version cause honetsly is a totally different thing any other publication of other pop girls

Who cares about Flopnight? It spent like several weeks on the Hot 100. Even if it somehow ends up having better streams in several years from now (highly doubtful), it won't matter because BOAF will be miles ahead in total streams, and it will probably spend several more months in the top 10 on the Hot 100.  

Popster to Popster 2,900
On 9/10/2024 at 5:59 PM, ReadyGaga said:

Also Blank Space has re-entered in BB Hot 100 after 9 years and was pulling 2M daily streams, do you believe that a Billie song after 9 yeara since release will do that without a TikTok trend but just with a great fanbase and a tour? Same for Style that before 1989 TV was reaching 2.2M daily streams

Popster to Popster 2,900
On 9/10/2024 at 5:59 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Your opinion = subjective. 
The numbers = not subjective. 

The reality is that she struck gold with this album. It's a super acclaimed commercial juggernaut that is as big as her debut. She will probably win her second AOTY with this.   

Everyone is free to share its opinion about arts, are you fascist?

• thanks 1

On 9/10/2024 at 7:01 PM, ReadyGaga said:

Also Blank Space has re-entered in BB Hot 100 after 9 years and was pulling 2M daily streams, do you believe that a Billie song after 9 yeara since release will do that without a TikTok trend but just with a great fanbase and a tour? Same for Style that before 1989 TV was reaching 2.2M daily streams

Honestly, stans care too much about recurrent streams. Unless a certain song goes mega-viral, no one cares about recurrent streams. These recurrent streams do not have any significant impact, and they mostly depend on playlisting. 

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 2,900
On 9/10/2024 at 6:01 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Who cares about Flopnight? It spent like several weeks on the Hot 100

It's still charting :laughga:  you don't even know a thing about you want to talk

Popster to Popster 2,900
On 9/10/2024 at 6:03 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Honestly, stans care too much about recurrent streams. Unless a certain song goes mega-viral, no one cares about recurrent streams. These recurrent streams do not have any significant impact, and they mostly depend on playlisting. 

"Don't have any significant impact" and we were talking about longevity...

On 9/10/2024 at 7:02 PM, ReadyGaga said:

Everyone is free to share its opinion about arts, are you fascist?

Lol, not a Taylor troll calling me a "fascist" because I pointed out that Billie doesn't care whether you call her album "TikTok baits" since it is an enormous success.   

Popster to Popster 2,900
On 9/10/2024 at 6:04 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Lol, not a Taylor troll calling me a "fascist" because I pointed out that Billie doesn't care whether you call her album "TikTok baits" since it is an enormous success.   

The correlation between fascism and taylor ?

• lol 1