Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

Popster to Popster 3,093
On 9/10/2024 at 11:13 AM, Doncho said:

Exactly! Apparently to some fans if she doesnt get Oscar nominated then the movie is a "flop" and she "wasted 2 years" of her career doing the movie. Every actors has its up and downs, and a lot of them only have a few Oscars actually. Gaga being acclaimed 3 roles in a row + having box office success (Joker will be her biggest one, hello?) is already insane.

And that comes from someone who is obsessed with following her awards records

Apparently to some little monstrosities, commenting "GAGA COMING FOR OSCARS" under every post related to her movie career guarantees a nomination. Who knew it didn't! :icant:

• paws up 1

On 9/10/2024 at 6:13 PM, Doncho said:

Exactly! Apparently to some fans if she doesnt get Oscar nominated then the movie is a "flop" and she "wasted 2 years" of her career doing the movie. Every actors has its up and downs, and a lot of them only have a few Oscars actually. Gaga being acclaimed 3 roles in a row + having box office success (Joker will be her biggest one, hello?) is already insane.

And that comes from someone who is obsessed with following her awards records

Nobody says that it was a flop. It was simply due to the enormous historic snub that made that movie seem like a flop. It was an OK-ish movie (I personally saw it when it was in the theaters). Gaga did a good job, and she got well-deserved raves. The problem is that she was the favorite to win the Oscar after she became nominated for a BAFTA while Kidman and Chastain (her main competitors) got snubbed. Stewart also had the SAG snub. Everyone was absolutely certain that she was going to be nominated since she hit every pre-cursor, and she was the favorite to win ahead of the nominations. Her failure to get nominated was extremely shocking. This was the biggest snub since Amy Adams in "Arrival" (she also hit every single pre-cursor). In her case, however, she likely suffered from vote splitting since she also had "Nocturnal Animals." The same happened with ScarJo with "Lost in Translation" (a huge Oscar hit that won her a BAFTA). She suffered from vote splitting due to another movie. In Gaga's case, it is really not clear what went wrong.                 

On 9/10/2024 at 6:32 PM, ReadyGaga said:

When BOAF will have 300.000 daily streams in 1 year you all will see the fraud... but no one is ready for that discussion

Billie Eilish Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Except that it is effortlessly smashing on every platform. Is "the fraud" in the room with us? 

She has managed to score another solo Bad Guy-sized hit with this. Too bad that it will probably fail to hit the IFPI #1 this year. She would be the first woman (?) to secure two IFPI #1s. This would be huge. 

Also, people laughed at me when I predicted that HMHAS would end up outstreaming Taylor's frontloaded album, but it looks like this will be the case. BOAF has amazing stability, and she has an album track casually doing 2.5 million streams per day. 

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

On 9/10/2024 at 12:41 PM, Arturo said:

The amount of misinformation I keep seeing about DWAS radio situation on my TL...

At this point I believe they would rather have a 6M Audience single day update just for the song to go down to hell the week after than growing steadily :eyega:

Edited by Hags Labs

I predicted that HMHAS would be a huge success ahead of its rollout, but I actually expected "Chihiro" to be the biggest smash of the album. It ended up being only a moderate hit, but it will still probably hit 1 billion streams next year.  

Edited by lookwhatyoumademedo
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 2,980

Tubes du Moment:
#22 (-2) Die With a Smile

Chart-run: #11-#18-#20-#22

This is the biggest French AM playlist. The song has only increased on AM FR, so why it fall like that on this playlist... the logical.

• sad 3

Popster to Popster 2,900
On 9/10/2024 at 5:35 PM, Miaou said:

Taylor is the biggest fraud of the century chill 

enormous sucess but ZERO talent in the entertainment department 

"How can i make this about taylor?" 

• thanks 1
  • lol 2

Popstanne 7,568

Peak monthly Spotify listeners (bold is currently peaking)

1. The Weeknd 117.2M
  2. Taylor Swift 116.2M
  3. Billie Eilish 108.0M
  4. Bruno Mars 100.0M
  5. Ariana Grande 99.6M
  6. Post Malone 98.4M
  7. Justin Bieber 95.3M
  8. Mariah Carey 90.5M
  9. Coldplay 89.5M
  10. Lady Gaga 88.7M
  11. Ed Sheeran 87.9M
  12. Rihanna 87.3M
  13. Sabrina Carpenter 86.9M
  14. Drake 86.5M
  15. Eminem 86.3M
  16. Bad Bunny 84.5M
  17. Miley Cyrus 84.1M
  18. Sia 82.3M
  19. Shakira 82.2M
  20. David Guetta 80.4M
Edited by JennyWayne
  • paws up 5
  • yaas, gaga 4

Popster to Popster 2,900
On 9/10/2024 at 5:40 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Except that it is effortlessly smashing on every platform. Is "the fraud" in the room with us? 

She has managed to score another solo Bad Guy-sized hit with this. Too bad that it will probably fail to hit the IFPI #1 this year. She would be the first woman (?) to secure two IFPI #1s. This would be huge. 

Also, people laughed at me when I predicted that HMHAS would end up outstreaming Taylor's frontloaded album, but it looks like this will be the case. BOAF has amazing stability, and she has an album track casually doing 2.5 million streams per day. 

Bad Guy 650.000 daily streams

Lover (song) 1.300.000 daily streams 

Is froantloaded in the room with us ?

The Fame Popster 386
On 9/10/2024 at 4:20 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Abel's new song won't be a threat on its debut day i think but if it grows over the weekend then it might be but based on my initial listen, it sounds like his weakest lead single maybe the studio version is better but lets see, atm it sounds like disco version of we cant be friends 

No but it's going to have a radio deal and the meltdowns are going to be legendary

I wonder if HMHAS could match WWAFA... in terms of US units. It already has 1.4M units. She will probably need another hit from this album. They should push "Blue." 

"HIT ME HARD AND SOFT" units sold on Billboard 200:

Week 1 - 339K
Week 2 - 145K
Week 3 - 117K
Week 4 - 106K
Week 5 - 84K
Week 6 - 70K
Week 7 - 63K
Week 8 - 58K
Week 9 - 57K
Week 10 - 54K
Week 11 - 53K
Week 12 - 57K
Week 13 - 57K
Week 14 - 53K
Week 15 - 53K
Week 16 - 49K

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 9/10/2024 at 9:19 PM, bloody grammys said:

No but it's going to have a radio deal and the meltdowns are going to be legendary

I think we will be fine till be rule spotify Global charts bc we are unlikely going #1 anyways with such terrible callout scores

n radio deal can only bring frontloaded success imagine the rolling effect the very next week if the song fails to stick 

Popster to Popster 2,980

NRJ France (today so far):
01:06 LADY GAGA ET BRUNO MARS - Die With A Smile
04:51 LADY GAGA ET BRUNO MARS - Die With A Smile
11:52 LADY GAGA ET BRUNO MARS - Die With A Smile
13:55 LADY GAGA - BRADLEY COOPER - Shallow
15:06 LADY GAGA ET BRUNO MARS - Die With A Smile
17:20 LADY GAGA ET BRUNO MARS - Die With A Smile

• paws up 6
  • yaas, gaga 4
  • love 2

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 9/10/2024 at 9:21 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

I wonder if HMHAS could match WWAFA... in terms of US units. It already has 1.4M units. She will probably need another hit from this album. They should push "Blue." 

"HIT ME HARD AND SOFT" units sold on Billboard 200:

Week 1 - 339K
Week 2 - 145K
Week 3 - 117K
Week 4 - 106K
Week 5 - 84K
Week 6 - 70K
Week 7 - 63K
Week 8 - 58K
Week 9 - 57K
Week 10 - 54K
Week 11 - 53K
Week 12 - 57K
Week 13 - 57K
Week 14 - 53K
Week 15 - 53K
Week 16 - 49K

Its doing so well be an a** of an album filled with tiktok baits not surprised though but boaf is such a terrible song

• thanks 1