Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

Pop-a-911-ster 26,469

It's like they say they don't do payola but they manipulate the callout scores to look like they're being fair/objective lol anyways I'm sure the radio pundits will have an explanation

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 370
On 9/10/2024 at 2:11 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Gaga. Billie. Interscope. :romance:

I wonder if there is a list of when/which Interscope Artists hit #1 on eg Pop/HAC to compare it to artists of other labels.

Popster This Way 700
On 9/10/2024 at 2:17 PM, Max_Vandeburg said:

A must-read:

https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/features/pay-for-play-radio-texts-1067691/

"And when a label was unwilling to pay? A text from Zap warned the radio station not to take directions from the record company. 'Please don’t let Interscope dictate anything to you,' he wrote. 'They don’t pay me sh!t.'"

But radios are still doing this.. So? Billboard needs to change or do 2 separated charts

On 10.09.2024 at 15:19, MissAsia said:

Но радиостанции все еще это делают.. Так что? Billboard нужно изменить или сделать 2 отдельных чарта

:laughga:

Pop-a-911-ster 31,704

Why I am not surprised...

it's ALWAYS like that with a Gaga song

It starts very well the first 2 weeks and then it staganates and in the end collapse like a dark horse

at least she is slaying the streaming platforms and that's way more important

Edited by Miaou
  • paws up 3
  • thanks 4
  • love 1

ARTPOPster 1,769
On 9/10/2024 at 9:17 AM, Max_Vandeburg said:

A must-read:

https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/features/pay-for-play-radio-texts-1067691/

"And when a label was unwilling to pay? A text from Zap warned the radio station not to take directions from the record company. 'Please don’t let Interscope dictate anything to you,' he wrote. 'They don’t pay me sh!t.'"

Makes so much sense

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,106
On 9/10/2024 at 8:58 AM, Emi said:

Billboard 200

#132 (+4) The Fame [381 weeks]

ok we'll see if there is some impact

Popster This Way 700
On 9/10/2024 at 2:07 PM, nattuggla89 said:

Tbh I have the feeling that Phoenix and Todd changed and disimproved a lot about the (original) script. Some people said that a bunch of Harley's scene got cut out. Maybe they were afraid that the musical aspects and too much focus on Harley would take away the attention from Joker and this would rub the fans of the 1st movie in the wrong way.... Hence why a lot of the critics pointed out that the movie feels like a rehash of the first movie?!

That s why she should have a professional team and not Bobby who basically stays in the gym and do nothing

• lol 1

The Fame Popster 370

Tbh I think the stalling right now is pretty normal for every radio song. It probably rolls from a bigger update plus it is still a pretty new song.

According to kworb it only spended 20 days so far on the daily radio charts. 

Songs like Birds Of The Feather and Good Luck Babe are also still gaining and they are already at 74 and 85 days respectively.

Radio is just super slow in general.

Edited by nattuggla89
  • paws up 2

Popster This Way 897
On 9/10/2024 at 8:07 PM, nattuggla89 said:

Tbh I have the feeling that Phoenix and Todd changed and disimproved a lot about the (original) script. Some people said that a bunch of Harley's scene got cut out. Maybe they were afraid that the musical aspects and too much focus on Harley would take away the attention from Joker and this would rub  the fans of the 1st movie in the wrong way.... Hence why a lot of the critics pointed out that the movie feels like a rehash of the first movie?!

Tbh I think this might be the right move from Todd tho. Some people who watched the premiere said if you like the first one you probably will like the sequel too. If this is the indication of how the movie rolls out, the fans of Joker1 might be fond of this movie too, which is good for its commercial performance.

If Harley's script outshone Arthur's it could go both ways: a critical acclaimed masterpiece or a certificated panned film on rotten tomatoes. It must take them several months to consider which direction they should go and eventually decided to play it safe