The Popster 226
On 9/9/2024 at 8:26 PM, Lazz Monster said:

Wait, Taste still hasn’t reclaimed AM US #1? :whatga:

Reveal hidden contents

Also, Todd Philips, I hate you.

Someone said Sabryola is a night girl in the charts :flirtga:

Popstanne 9,918
On 9/9/2024 at 11:05 PM, thehanyo said:

Trump pulling ahead in polls, JFAD reviews and pre-sales flopping, forum members tone-policing... I hate it here lmao

Omg, I thought Kamala winning was all but a certainty:rip:

Popstanne 9,368
On 9/9/2024 at 7:07 PM, Lazz Monster said:

Omg, I thought Kamala winning was all but a certainty:rip:

People freaked out because a national poll came out with Trump +1

But today a bunch of swing state polls with a Harris lead came out

• yaas, gaga 4

A Popster Is Born 11,827

The Weekend song sounds like a smash to me. Radios will eat it up. But I dont think it will be a threat for the #1 on WW Spotify (or at least not in its first weeks)

Edited by Doncho
  • paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popstanne 9,368

I'm watching Monday Night Football with my bf (idrc about it but he does fantasy football :rip:) and it's wild how many songs I didn't realize have promo spots...

I heard Hot To Go on a Target commercial, Million Dollar Baby on TWO different commercials.

Also saw the Joker 2 trailer. Good promo spot since it's the first Monday night game of the season.

• paws up 2

Kindness Admin 7,528
On 9/9/2024 at 3:51 PM, Leptine said:

So I checked the box office board and they’re really claiming this is going to flop based on presales, not sure if they’re reliable :ew:

On 9/9/2024 at 3:52 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Would be unprecedented after the first film’s mammoth success. We also aren’t factoring walk-in business. A lot of people don’t buy tickets weeks in advance. 

On 9/9/2024 at 5:52 PM, Leptine said:

It’s not really unprecedented but definitely unexpected for this specific movie, in the board they keep claiming it’s enough time to detected in the past the movies who have flopped, they’re keep insisting this is doing bad, again I don’t know about box office (except the basic) so I don’t know if they’re reliable. 

On 9/9/2024 at 8:51 PM, nydedan said:

fwiw, the methodology these boxoffice tracking "expects" use is basically Pythoning or even manually counting the seats sold in their selected theaters (usually some sample theaters near them or easy to obtain numbers from) every several hours and comparing the numbers to a set of "comps" (comparable movies) within thr same time frame eg. Day1 of pre-sale. The results of this method especially in early tracking days could deviate significantly from the actuals and even 10 more seats sold could seemingly lift it from doom to boom area. So I would suggest we take any info before one week before Oct 4 with a grain of salt. 

Be real, how many people we know in real life would buy movie tickets ONE month in advance? :icant:

The numbers aren't great, movies like this have years and years of history to track early indicators like pre-sale numbers, but it isn't super indicative yet. This is a different type of movie than a standard action-superhero movie. The first Joker's presales started two weeks later than this as well (with the exact same opening date), so it's not easy to make a comparison. We should have a better idea in two weeks, but honestly, we're not going to have a great idea until the week before. Also worth noting, the last movie did substantially more money overseas than in the US.

That number too will really depend on the feedback the movie gets with a second wave of reviews and fan previews. It could really go any way. I still wouldn't bet against 100+ and I'm revising my estimate from 150 to 130.

On 9/9/2024 at 8:09 PM, Osama said:

Ok. Tired of meltdowns here. Anyone who wants to talk about this film should do so in a dedicated thread. Some people (like me) only care about Gaga's music career and some of you are kinda ruining the DWAS experience with pointless meltdowns every half hour. This is a chart thread and I don't see a single number in these essays that some people are pouring out here, destroying the entire meaning of this thread.

This thread basically encompasses it all, including very similar rumination on anything gaga or music. Movies are equally suitable here, but also fine if another thread takes off.

On 9/9/2024 at 10:11 PM, Doncho said:

The Weekend song sounds like a smash to me. Radios will eat it up. But I dont think it will be a threat for the #1 on WW Spotify (or at least not in its first weeks)

I think it sounds pretty good. We'll see!

• paws up 6
  • hugs 1
  • thanks 4

Pop-a-911-ster 22,756
On 9/9/2024 at 10:29 PM, PanPikus said:

Tbh such thought crossed my mind 

they want the critics to experience shared madness first hand by showing them a different movie so they write negativw reviews while everyone in the cinemas is gagged how good the film actually is :oprah:

• lol 10
  • yaas, gaga 3

A Popster Is Born 18,407
On 9/10/2024 at 4:10 AM, Arturo said:

People freaked out because a national poll came out with Trump +1

But today a bunch of swing state polls with a Harris lead came out

I have literally never been so invested in the US elections as I am now. I do hope Kamala will pull through.

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 1
  • lol 4
  • yaas, gaga 2