Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

A Popster Is Born 18,407
On 9/9/2024 at 2:10 PM, Leptine said:

It was in a better situation after Venice tho, 75 on MC and high 80s on Rotten, it won Golden Lion, it made more noise in general whereas this one got a lukewarm reception because even the positive reactions you can tell they’re not really that enthusiastic in general.

Even if Manicure sounded kind of dramatic, I think he’s right overall, awards chances are extremely low and dead right now, we shouldn’t have any expectations-hope. 

Damn, it was in the 80’s on RT after Venice? Phew, we’re not ready for JFAD’s battle.

• lol 2

A Popster Is Born 10,456

The only thing I 'll add about this issue, is the fact Monsters are always switching mind on Gaga stuff at the moment reviews or numbers are not that good. This movie is not even out that you all already threw it under the bus without even letting it a chance. Just because the reviews are not meeting your expectations, while praising for months the trailer while no review was out. 

But yeah I'm called a hater :ally:

• paws up 2
  • thanks 10

Popster to Popster 3,093
On 9/9/2024 at 7:39 AM, Imtired1616 said:

Tickets go on sale in 20 minutes. There's only a couple Imaxs in my area for the Sept 30 preview, so I'm PERCHED. :arguega:

Oh s@#$. The Sept 30 preview is already for sale. Weekend isn't for sale yet. 

The Fame Popster 369

I am usually a very optimistic and non-dramatic person but even I have to admit that JFAD probably won't do anything during award season.

I am utterly shocked, suprised and disappointed about its initial poor reception because on the paper this movie had so much more potential and advantage in comparison to ASIB and HOG and everybody thought this will be Gaga's biggest and most important role yet. But now it looks like Gaga coming from winning a lot of awards and being nominated for ASIB to winning a lot of awards but missing out on an Oscar nomination for HOG to probably not even being nominated for any big awards for JFAD as this time her role is reduced and under-used to a level that she cannot carry the movie by herself unlike in HOG.

They had a lot of time to film and even more time for the post-production. And they didn't do any re-shoots which usually is a good sign for a movie. Also the praise it got from several people in the industry beforehand and even that it could premiere at Venice were all highly misleading clues that it would fare much better with critics.

The biggest worry was how the musical-elements would be incorporated but it seems like the flaws are probably not about it being musical-influenced but more about the script itself. Todd really shot himself in the foot if he did not take advantage of the potential of the dynamics between Joker x Harley and Harley character development story without re-doing Jokers character development of the first movie. 

Of course I will watch it to see if ppls reception and the critics are on par with my opinion but yeah, it really irks me that we waited 2/3 years to realize that Gaga's role isn't that big as how it was marketed. 

Edited by nattuggla89
  • paws up 4
  • thanks 2

Popster This Way 897

Critics mean very little in awards season, as long as it’s not panned there are still room for them to campaign, a lot of mid movies got nominated or even won in the end.

It all depends on the box office now, if the audience says no to it then we can switch our attention to LG7 asap:laughga:

• paws up 4
  • thanks 2

ARTPOPster 1,494
On 9/9/2024 at 8:55 AM, Gabi said:

Critics mean very little in awards season, as long as it’s not panned there are still room for them to campaign, a lot of mid movies got nominated or even won in the end.

It all depends on the box office now, if the audience says no to it then we can switch our attention to LG7 asap:laughga:

Basically

Popster to Popster 3,693
On 9/9/2024 at 9:56 AM, xo_hours said:

Bey shut out of CMA's :ohhh:

Same will happen at the Grammys. No Grammys for you who only went country when it was convenient, Beyoncé. :happydance:

A Popster Is Born 14,778
On 9/9/2024 at 2:16 PM, Leptine said:

If this enters in the Red territory on MC with the next reviews and underperformed at the box office, the Razzies could totally happen, so far we’re walking on a glass pavement lol 

Gaga I hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised in the film itself or Todd, as he deserves gets nominated

The Fame Popster 333
On 9/9/2024 at 8:43 AM, Moonlight Shadow said:

The only thing I 'll add about this issue, is the fact Monsters are always switching mind on Gaga stuff at the moment reviews or numbers are not that good. This movie is not even out that you all already threw it under the bus without even letting it a chance. Just because the reviews are not meeting your expectations, while praising for months the trailer while no review was out. 

But yeah I'm called a hater :ally:

But you literally do the same exact thing - switching on Gaga for an album, collaborator, or project you don’t like as soon as you have the numbers or GP comments to back you up.

You just did it on the last page with HoG- her missing an Oscar nom gave you the ammo you need to tear down her much-respected and awarded performance. 

Edited by JustJames
  • paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 10,456
On 9/9/2024 at 3:08 PM, JustJames said:

But you literally do the same exact thing - switching on Gaga for an album, collaborator, or project you don’t like as soon as you have the numbers or GP comments to back you up.

You just did it on the last page with HoG- her missing an Oscar nom gave you the ammo you need to tear down her much-respected and awarded performance. 

WTF are you talking about HoG did the numbers like very very much being one of the highest grossing drama movies post covid + a lot of nods at awards. I didn't hate on it because it did bad numbers or not being praised. I criticised it after actually watching it. Big difference will all of you hating a movie that is not even out, just matching an opinion on what a dozen of people said about it.

Edited by Moonlight Shadow
  • paws up 1