Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

Popster for Sale 44,772
On 9/21/2024 at 12:12 AM, Doncho said:

Am I the only one that feels her failure has (almost) nothing to do with Dr Luke? The music is just bad and outdated. Lot of artists get hits while working with questionable people. I think she would of flopped the same if Dr. Luke wasnt on the record :icant:

She would have at least flop in silence without everyone dunking on her and kept her legacy. This is a career burial.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 10,100
On 9/20/2024 at 8:12 PM, Doncho said:

Am I the only one that feels her failure has (almost) nothing to do with Dr Luke? The music is just bad and outdated. Lot of artists get hits while working with questionable people. I think she would of flopped the same if Dr. Luke wasnt on the record :icant:

I agree that she would've flopped anyway, but critics wouldn't feel so free to trash her, her working with Dr. Luke allowed everyone to talk sh!t about her without apprehension or fear of being cancelled

• thanks 1

Popstanne 7,756
On 9/21/2024 at 1:19 AM, OreoÀDeux said:

She would have at least flop in silence without everyone dunking on her and kept her legacy. This is a career burial.

True. She flopped silently and with dignity during Smile. This entire rollout however has been a trainwreck from start to finish which led to her also tarnishing her reputation.mp3 and her legacy

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,869
On 9/20/2024 at 7:19 PM, OreoÀDeux said:

Yep. I thought that maybe she'd decide to explore 90s house in a more guided fashion, and actually have input from knowledgeable producers to tell her what sound she should go for. Instead she teams up with an abuser whose days of glory are long gone, and produces the most watered down electropop possible.

Because it's over, it means it's really over

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,869
On 9/20/2024 at 7:25 PM, HausOfDawn said:

Finally joined after years of following this site/thread :zoom:

Ready for FAD and LG7 lead next month! And so gratified by the Smash With A Smile obliteration as GODga deserves. :oprah:

Welcome, and we're so glad you're here!

• paws up 1
  • hugs 1

Popster to Popster 4,631

To release an album this bad, because seriously this is legit bad bad, Katy simply doesn't care about her career anymore, this is like an album made at the last minute with generic overdone leftover tracks, there's no way she couldn't come out with a decent and more mature album with songs in this vibe:

It feels like she released this album just for the sake of release something, maybe for contract or something.

• paws up 1

Katy made her bed, now she gets to lay in it. I don't feel bad about the consequences or reviews at all. Nicki also gets her (justified) lashings.

Katy's proven she doesn't care and has only doubled down on her actions and shown literally ZERO humility. Also, she's clearly lacking appeal I mean the proof is in the pudding. :arguega:

Anyway, YES Gaga YES Joker Soundtrack. Can't wait to listen. :ally:

Edited by HausOfDawn
  • paws up 3

ARTPOPster 1,869
On 9/20/2024 at 7:38 PM, Leptine said:

It feels like she released this album just for the sake of release something, maybe for contract or something.

I wish this were the case lol, but she literally said on a radio show earlier this month that "my music was always controversial". Her inability and ignorance to read the room is astounding

• thanks 1
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,518
On 9/20/2024 at 8:12 PM, Doncho said:

She deserves this after all her fraudulent YT views and bots to inflate her stats, supporting republicans, supproting rapists, making fun of mental health, etc.

Also it's @Miaou not wanting McDonald's but always killing his liver with alcohol for me :icant:

• thanks 2
  • lol 2

Popster to Popster 4,631
On 9/21/2024 at 1:46 AM, Ben said:

I wish this were the case lol, but she literally said on a radio show earlier this month that "my music was always controversial". Her inability and ignorance to read the room is astounding

I saw that interview, she was acting weird indeed also, she wishes her music was controversial, it couldn't be more basic but obviously she can't admit publicly that she released an album just for contract, I refuse to believe she really thought this album was good, especially in 2024, maybe they thought this generic stuff could have worked for TikTok but to me it feels done just for the sake of releasing something.

Edited by Leptine

Pop-a-911-ster 26,518
On 9/20/2024 at 8:46 PM, Ben said:

Polarizing was the term no? But yeah agree, she's so out of touch and tone deaf :billie:

Her VMAs speech about touching grass lmao PLSSSS

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,631
On 9/21/2024 at 1:40 AM, Imtired1616 said:

:dead::dead::dead:

Watch her liking this one next:

On 9/21/2024 at 12:40 AM, Leptine said:

:icant:

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 41,876
On 9/21/2024 at 12:54 AM, Dean Judaster said:

Also it's @Miaou not wanting McDonald's but always killing his liver with alcohol for me :icant:

Maybe local and organic alcohol kills differently?

• lol 2