Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

ARTPOPster 1,855
On 9/18/2024 at 7:14 PM, Arturo said:

Not in quality, in bad lead single choice.

I mean tbh was there really a song off Joanne that would have been a hit as a lead single?

Popstanne 9,365
On 9/18/2024 at 4:15 PM, Ben said:

I mean tbh was there really a song off Joanne that would have been a hit as a lead single?

No which is why it was kind of ridiculous for her label to ask her to work with Tame Impala (someone who had no hit singles) for a one-off collaboration to be the lead single only for it to sound completely out of place AND still flop like the other songs would have even as a lead.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 3
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,485
On 9/18/2024 at 8:17 PM, mattelbutch said:

Diamond Heart fr

For an album opener, its streams are pitiful. Not directed solely to you but while we're on the topic, liddos to date are still claiming DH is a good song and trash A-Yo and yet the former's daily streams are consistently far behind the latter.

• thanks 3

A Popster Is Born 11,826
On 9/18/2024 at 8:28 PM, Arturo said:

A-YO intended to be the 2nd single ijbol :icant:

Changing the 2nd single from A-NO to Million Grammys is the best decision Interscope made for Gaga. Like EVER

• paws up 5
  • thanks 7

ARTPOPster 1,855
On 9/18/2024 at 7:35 PM, Doncho said:

Changing the 2nd single from A-NO to Million Grammys is the best decision Interscope made for Gaga. Like EVER

Imagine what her career would be today if they let her have Burqa be the lead off ARTPOP:rip:

Popster This Way 637
On 9/19/2024 at 2:26 AM, Dean Judaster said:

For an album opener, its streams are pitiful. Not directed solely to you but while we're on the topic, liddos to date are still claiming DH is a good song and trash A-Yo and yet the former's daily streams are consistently far behind the latter.

Really like ayo, and I’m thinking PI is one of the greatest songs in her discography. But if we talk chart wise, I think it’s smarter to play safe with DH  as lead, than loud noisy pl/ayo song.
To be honest Joanne contains not that much single worthy material, second half of the album is blank space. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,632

I think Million Reasons with an actually great music video would be a good choice. I mean the song is a bonafide classic and it would definitely be received better than Perfect Illusion. I guess they were scared of releasing something so off-brand for Gaga and that it would impact the anticipation of her fanbase for the album. In that case they could've gone with John Wayne or Diamond Heart, and then MR. 

I agree that there's not a lot of single choices. I think overall most of the selection we ended up getting was pretty solid: MR, John Wayne and Joanne. My biggest issue with this era was how weak the visuals were, especially for Gaga's standarts. 

• paws up 5

Popstanne 9,365

I've always felt that whatever was released as the lead single of Joanne and Chromatica would have performed the same way as PI and SL (especially on debut week) if we still leave MR and ROM untouched as the planned 2nd singles.

(Obviously ROM would have done better than SL if it was the lead but it needed to be 2nd same with MR)

In that scenario I would have preferred to flop with some dignity. Diamond Heart and Alice leads. DH with a cute #15 peak and Alice a one week Top 5 hit :giveup:

A Popster Is Born 17,884
On 9/18/2024 at 8:49 PM, Boris said:

Dancing in Circles and Free Woman would have been better first singles. 

Vf6RhF0.gif
Vf6RhF0.gifVf6RhF0.gifVf6RhF0.gif     
                Vf6RhF0.gif
                Vf6RhF0.gif

• paws up 1
  • lol 7

ARTPOPster 1,855
On 9/18/2024 at 8:43 PM, OliverDespechao said:

Vf6RhF0.gif
Vf6RhF0.gifVf6RhF0.gifVf6RhF0.gif     
                Vf6RhF0.gif
                Vf6RhF0.gif

A masturbation song would have been cvnty today, but coming off of ARTPOP definitely not lol

Popster to Popster 2,984

NRJ France (09/18):
01:37 Die With A Smile
03:35 Die With A Smile
04:24 Bad Romance
07:17 Die With A Smile
10:50 Die With A Smile
11:51 Telephone
12:49 Die With A Smile
15:08 Die With A Smile
16:30 Die With A Smile
17:18 Die With A Smile
21:31 Die With A Smile

9 DWAS spins + 2 other songs = 11 :applause:

• paws up 8
  • yaas, gaga 3
  • love 2

Popster to Popster 2,984

Tubes du Moment:
#33 (-11) Die With a Smile

They still falling the song on the biggest AM french playlist. Dégoutant !

Chart-run: #11-#18-#20-#22-#33

AM France:
#41 Die With a Smile *Peak #37*

• paws up 2
  • sad 6
  • yaas, gaga 1