Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

Popster to Popster 2,900
On 9/15/2024 at 10:51 AM, TheCureInChromatica said:

Both Flowers and Levitating never initially had massive promo, they both took off due to popular demand. 

Yes, but in the long terms Levitating had massive Spotify support and a remix, Flowers had radio payola

Popster for Sale 44,619
On 9/15/2024 at 9:51 AM, TheCureInChromatica said:

Both Flowers and Levitating never initially had massive promo, they both took off due to popular demand. 

Flowers? Yes. 

Levitating had one of the most aggressive pushes ever - remixes, music videos, huge playlisting and radio play - before it took off.

• paws up 4
  • thanks 9

Popster to Popster 2,900
On 9/15/2024 at 10:54 AM, GraceRandolph said:

Radio won’t play Gaga. Give it up Deelishis. 

Radio want just money, they don't care about the artist. If the song is good and they will be payed to play it, we will have a top 3 pop and #1 on HAC/AC. Just look at how Beyoncè had great radio hits with Break My Soul, Cuff It and Texas (most of them were doing only decent streams) . Even Taylor, SZA andAriana, three girls in their 30s have received good support from Radios

Popster for Sale 44,619
On 9/15/2024 at 10:00 AM, TheCureInChromatica said:

Levitating only had those after it started to take off  :icant:

It has 2 official music videos, 1 lyric video, countless performances. I remember it wasn't doing impressive numbers until the dababy remix came along. The push payed off in the end but it was not a Flowers situation at all.

Popster to Popster 3,904
On 9/15/2024 at 2:14 PM, ReadyGaga said:

If LG7 lead is a excellent pop song but without promo it will serve Rain On Me, good debut and decent longevity, nothing more and nothing less.

Rain on me had more promo than DWAS but which song won? decent promo is enough but the labels keep increasing the promo if song sticks well 

They could not make rain on me stick meanwhile DWAS is too 3 on TTH bc it sticked 

plus flowers was not #1 on TTH on day 1 they pushed it to #1 after the smashery 

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,619
On 9/15/2024 at 10:24 AM, Fame Romance said:

15M views for Bon Appétit in the Flames and the likes further decreasing :rip:

Must mean it's organically taking off, no label would ever do such things!

• thanks 1

On 9/15/2024 at 11:02 AM, Matteo Remondi said:

Flowers got huge playlisting, it reached 310M playlist reach

Its common sense that one of the biggest smash hits ever, receives huge playlisting. It clearly did not smash because of it.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 14,779
On 9/15/2024 at 11:04 AM, OreoÀDeux said:

It has 2 official music videos, 1 lyric video, countless performances. I remember it wasn't doing impressive numbers until the dababy remix came along. The push payed off in the end but it was not a Flowers situation at all.

i hate to say it, but apart from allegedly (:whatga:) paying for spins, all you mention is part of a good single rollout and we can only wish LG7 is promo'd like that :jailga:

Edited by danwasd