Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

Popster to Popster 3,902
On 9/14/2024 at 7:11 PM, OnionGirl said:

Oh, we’re not ready for when DWAS stays above the LG7 lead everywhere, forever :pillow:

It definitely will but lets hope n pray that lg-7 lead single stays stable at 5M-6M

Edited by Ayobabylon

A Popster Is Born 13,390

Gaga is not adding this song to LG7 even if someone paid her. Let’s be real now. She has artistic integrity and while we might hate that sometimes, it’s great to see that she sticks to her values.

• paws up 17
  • love 3

A Popster Is Born 16,279
On 9/14/2024 at 3:48 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Thats not how it works though if they cheat grammys they could blacklist them

it's not cheating its grammys having nonsense rules. Why would they operate their album releases according to grammy rules?

Do you perhaps know how rule goes exactly?

Edited by Replay

A Popster Is Born 16,279
On 9/14/2024 at 3:49 PM, Adarsh said:

Gaga is not adding this song to LG7 even if someone paid her. Let’s be real now. She has artistic integrity and while we might hate that sometimes, it’s great to see that she sticks to her values.

yeah i dont want it cause it wouldnt make sense conceptually or sonicially. Gaga seems very proud of LG7 and the concept so I doubt she would ruin that with random song added to it

Popster to Popster 3,902
On 9/14/2024 at 7:19 PM, Replay said:

it's not cheating its grammys having nonsense rules. Why would they operate their album releases according to grammy rules?

Do you perhaps know how rule goes exactly?

Well DWAS being a standalone single was solely for grammys it easily could have been on bruno's upcoming album 

Pop-a-911-ster 31,701

Die With A Smile’ hits a new streams peak on the global Spotify chart with 11.15 million streams. It has now spent 21 days at #1.

#1 - Lady Gaga & Bruno Mars - Die With a Smile - 11,154,767

:rip:

• paws up 7
  • yaas, gaga 13
  • love 2

A Popster Is Born 16,279
On 9/14/2024 at 3:52 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Well DWAS being a standalone single was solely for grammys it easily could have been on bruno's upcoming album 

I don't think rule is that serious, It just changes when it's elligible, but I doubt they can affect future projects. I don't think it would be ineligible if they didn't say it was standalone, I mean that wouldn't make sense, that's why I'm trying to find exact rule

A Popster Is Born 16,279
On 9/14/2024 at 3:55 PM, PanPikus said:

I just think the album wouldn’t be elibible for next Grammys if the previous Grammy nominated or winning song would be on it 

It would

Album Eligibility

To be eligible for GRAMMY Award consideration, an album must contain greater than 75 percent playing time of newly recorded (within five years of the release date), previously unreleased recordings*. The current eligibility rule is 50 percent. (Note: Best Compilation Soundtrack, Best Historical Album, Best Immersive Audio Album, Best Recording Package, Best Special Package, and Best Album Notes accept albums of recordings that are not newly recorded.)

A Popster Is Born 16,279

I only found this, and there is no mention of album release affecting single elligibilty

SINGLES AND TRACKS A single is a song or instrumental recording that is released separately from an album, while a track is an individual song or instrumental recording released as part of an album. A single will often appear as a track on a subsequent album release and a track from a released album can be issued as a single. The GRAMMY rules describe eligibility for tracks and singles in terms of different release structures but the two are judged identically in the Categories in which they are both eligible. A track or single from a previous year’s album is eligible in the General, Pop & Dance/Electronic, Gospel & CCM, Rock, Metal & Alternative Music, R&B, Rap & Spoken Word Poetry, Country & American Roots Music, Latin, Global, African, Reggae & New Age, Ambient, Or Chant Fields, provided the recording was not entered as a track or single the previous year and provided the album did not win a GRAMMY in a performance Category. [For Tracks, this excludes Composition, Arrangements, Song Written For Visual Media, Remixed Recording, Songwriter Of The Year, Non-Classical, Producer Of The Year (Classical and Non-Classical), and all Classical Categories.] A track from an album released in the current eligibility year is eligible provided the track was not entered as a single the previous year. A single or track is eligible in one specialized Genre Field. However, a track or single may be screened into one Genre Field, while the album on which the track appears may be screened into a different Genre Field. If a single is released one year and the music video is released in a different eligibility year, both are eligible in their respective years, even if the music video was nominated or won a GRAMMY Award.

It just states track from album can be elligible in album release year if it wasn't submitted previous year it was elligible as a single