Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

On 9/13/2024 at 11:03 PM, ReadyGaga said:

Telephone was definitely bigger in the Anglosphere and Asia, but we as Italian stans can’t help but remember the GODlejandro domination during summer 2010

Alejandro still biggest radio and digital sales foreign song in Russia, 14 years after :enigma:

• paws up 2
  • shook 4
  • love 2

I am scarred by Chromatica. I missed when she did random promo for her songs, I need Gaga singing her song and showing her p**sy on random gay bars, i need stunning acoustic piano versions of her songs on random radio shows. I love seeing her singing live and performing doesnt matter for charts is killing the hype. If there are no live performances albums are just fun for a little. ARTPOP promo was so nice, even Joanne had amazing moments. Her singing Angel Down on the roof of Bitter End is one of my fave moments from her. 

• paws up 10
  • hugs 1

Popster to Popster 2,896
On 9/13/2024 at 10:37 PM, 0707alp said:

I am scarred by Chromatica. I missed when she did random promo for her songs, I need Gaga singing her song and showing her p**sy on random gay bars, i need stunning acoustic piano versions of her songs on random radio shows. I love seeing her singing live and performing doesnt matter for charts is killing the hype. If there are no live performances albums are just fun for a little. ARTPOP promo was so nice, even Joanne had amazing moments. Her singing Angel Down on the roof of Bitter End is one of my fave moments from her. 

somehow I feel Gaga much more involved in LG7 than Chromatica, in my opinion we will have some performances and a more defined era

• paws up 2

The Fame Popster 480

Y’all, we saw literally three weeks of proper Chromatica rollout before a global pandemic shut down the world. The album was supposed to come out a whole month earlier in April, a surprise Coachella set, Fortnite collab, talk shows and festivals presumably, and of course the tour all taking place in 2020. Which is why VMAs would’ve been an even bigger night if things went to plan. Then COVID happened and what we have is history. 

We can of course be upset abt what we didn’t see but the ppl that are more upset (and rightfully so) are Gaga and her team. They spent 18 months on the rollout and it all got flushed down the drain. And while they’re trying to rework deals and promote the album, while also allowing Gaga to be the caring woman she is doing the Together At Home special and having to downplay promoting a dance/club album (while clubs aren’t open) in the middle of one of the biggest racial injustices in America, other artists are capitalizing on this new found territory of TikTok, creating new ways of promotion that doesn’t infect ppl, etc. 

Covid was unfair in a lot of ways, but we have to understand there were worse things going on in the world than a botched album rollout. Luckily, Chromatica isn’t a negative point in her career and can’t really bring her down in the eyes of GP, which is why we have smashes with DWAS and LG7 rn (I’m manifesting :bow:)

Edited by VoldeLorde
  • paws up 5
  • love 1

On 9/13/2024 at 11:56 PM, VoldeLorde said:

Y’all, we saw literally three weeks of proper Chromatica rollout before a global pandemic shut down the world. The album was supposed to come out a whole month earlier in April, a surprise Coachella set, Fortnite collab, talk shows and festivals presumably, and of course the tour all taking place in 2020. Which is why VMAs would’ve been an even bigger night if things went to plan. Then COVID happened and what we have is history. 

We can of course be upset abt what we didn’t see but the ppl that are more upset (and rightfully so) are Gaga and her team. They spent 18 months on the rollout and it all got flushed down the drain. And while they’re trying to rework deals and promote the album, while also allowing Gaga to be the caring woman she is doing the Together At Home special and having to downplay promoting a dance/club album (while clubs aren’t open) in the middle of one of the biggest racial injustices in America, other artists are capitalizing on this new found territory of TikTok, creating new ways of promotion that doesn’t infect ppl, etc. 

Covid was unfair in a lot of ways, but we have to understand there were worse things going on in the world than a botched album rollout. Luckily, Chromatica isn’t a negative point in her career and can’t really bring her down in the eyes of GP, which is why we have smashes with DWAS and LG7 rn (I’m manifesting :bow:)

I am not blaming her and her team. We had that rollout with Chromatica and I simply dont like it and many artists just rely on Tiktok and Spotify for numbers. I just want a proper Gaga era from her. One day she is in London showing her Gagina, the other day she has a triangle furry on her had and performing Gypsy as Dali. That was peak artistry

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Where do you gurlies think that the secret DWAS performance will be shared on? 
I think it will be televised for Jimmy Kimmel Live’s new season that starts on 09/16. :oscar:
OT - Z100 4 spins so far :jailga:

• paws up 1