Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

Popster This Way 897

I actually like Katy’s new song a lot, It sounds like something Doja cat would make and it’s the only song that doesn’t sound outdated among these singles so far

• paws up 3
  • love 1

Popstanne 9,922

Die With A Smile is now the female song with most weeks (4) at #1 in New Zealand in 2024 :woot:

Overall:

#1 Million Dollar Baby - 5 weeks

#2 Die With A Smile, Lovin on Me*, Praise Jah in the Moonlight - 4 weeks

#3 Texas Hold’em, PPP, BOAF, Too Sweet - 3 weeks

*LOM also spent 6 weeks at #1 in 2023, this list is 2024 only.

Edited by Lazz Monster
  • paws up 12
  • yaas, gaga 3
  • love 2

Popster This Way 897
On 9/13/2024 at 2:06 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Applause about to get passed by Judas, DWAS, and Girlfriend for the Weekend. :laughga:

I can’t stop wondering if Girlfriend snippet is real or not, if it’s real I hope she make a collab with Abel 

“I can be your girlfriend for The Weeknd “

Imagine the collapse:giveup:

Popstanne 9,702
On 9/13/2024 at 10:59 AM, Gabi said:

I actually like Katy’s new song a lot, It sounds like something Doja cat would make and it’s the only song that doesn’t sound outdated among these singles so far

I like the sample usage and Doechi verse (very doja coded).

But its says a lot best two things out of three singles released so far are not even Katy part.

• sad 1
  • lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 9/13/2024 at 11:44 AM, Gabi said:

I can’t stop wondering if Girlfriend snippet is real or not, if it’s real I hope she make a collab with Abel 

“I can be your girlfriend for The Weeknd “

Imagine the collapse:giveup:

It is real

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,364

The weeknd's new song doesn't feel exciting at all to me, but then again I thought BL wasn't either and I was team Heartless since day one so what do i Know

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 897
On 9/13/2024 at 2:20 PM, zoldyck said:

I like the sample usage and Doechi verse (very doja coded).

But its says a lot best two things out of three singles released so far are not even Katy part.

Yeah you’re absolutely right

Her music used to be a bit campy and playful during OFTB and Teenage Dreams eras, now it’s just generic and cringy:rip:She’s lack of personality now and it reflects back on her new releases 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,612

The Weeknd song is weaker than his previous hits but I still think it has potential, as long as it doesn’t come close to dethrone DWAS.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

On 9/12/2024 at 9:50 PM, Arturo said:

Ignoring Mariah as they should. Christmas streams (and by default monthly listeners) are FRAUDULENT. 

If they are fraudulent then why haven't more artists with Christmas albums passed that milestone?

• thanks 2

Popster to Popster 4,612
On 9/13/2024 at 7:44 AM, GraceRandolph said:

They need to find an actress of Greek and Persian descent like Cleopatra was or else the backlash will be insane. It'll be like House of Gucci on steroids.

I doubt they’re gonna find someone famous with that background easily, however recently a documentary on Netflix got backlash because they used a black actress, I think the Zendaya cast could possibly get more backlash than Gaga, the gp is aware Cleopatra was Greek-Macedonian descent (and so white), but given Zendaya as worked already with that director it’s very likely it’s gonna be her.

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 10,467

Not sure Abel would fit on the Girlfriend Lady Gaga song unless it's deeply reworked 

Girlfriend snippet give those 'old school Gaga banger' hinted in the Vogue interview though. A big euro dance catchy anthem she would have made with RedOne in early days.

Feel like it could hit hard :oscar:

• paws up 3

Popster to Popster 4,612
On 9/13/2024 at 9:02 AM, Aloe said:

Prob the worst lead single the weekend has put out so far :enigma:  unmemorable verses and chorus which is borderline boring even 

Hopefully that will be the general audience reception as well :tea:

But yeah he also needs to change sound, this has became tiring imo.

• paws up 1

On 9/13/2024 at 2:02 AM, Leptine said:

I doubt they’re gonna find someone famous with that background easily, however recently a documentary on Netflix got backlash because they used a black actress, I think the Zendaya cast could possibly get more backlash than Gaga, the gp is aware Cleopatra was Greek-Macedonian descent (and so white), but given Zendaya as worked already with that director it’s very likely it’s gonna be her.

Cleopatra just feels like a cursed role. The Elizabeth Taylor movie had an insane budget and never made its money back at the box office and the Netflix version got a sh!t ton of backlash. Zendaya's ancestry is probably like 60% European, but she has no Greek features really.

• paws up 1