Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

Popster to Popster 4,595

Just wanted to add my 2 cents at the previous discussions I read only now.

Gaga’s acting career is absolutely NOT in danger even if this movie flop badly, part of the criticism about this movie it’s her character deserving more space since her performance is being good which totally works in her favor.

Madonna never had problems in booking roles despite TONES of bad flop box office flops and straight personal panned reviews.

For the rest it’s obvious that these ‘predictions’, regardless if accurate or not are shocking and not expected and it’s impossible not commenting them when this was expected to be the biggest movie event of the year. 

• paws up 6

Popster This Way 701
On 9/12/2024 at 11:29 AM, Leptine said:

Just wanted to add my 2 cents at the previous discussions I read only now.

Gaga’s acting career is absolutely NOT in danger even if this movie flop badly, part of the criticism about this movie it’s her character deserving more space since her performance is being good which totally works in her favor.

Madonna never had problems in booking roles despite TONES of bad flop box office flops and straight personal panned reviews.

For the rest it’s obvious that these ‘predictions’, regardless if accurate or not are shocking and not expected and it’s impossible not commenting them when this was expected to be the biggest movie event of the year. 

Madonna can't act and she became a joke.. She won a lot of razzies. Gaga is a good actress.. I M sad she could flop with this because if she flops all the media will say :gaga flopped no jp flopped or Todd flopped.. I hate sexism

Pop-a-911-ster 25,796
On 9/12/2024 at 11:09 AM, Gypsy Life said:

Looks like KIIS added DWAS to sub-power. They played it 10 times yesterday. (Playlists are updated Wednesdays)

But ppl told me radio wouldn t spin die with a smile on 11/9

• lol 7

ARTPOPster 2,192
On 9/12/2024 at 11:59 AM, Miaou said:

DIE WITH A SMILE

WW Chart-run so far

Germany : 52-37-43-

Australia : 10-05-06-

Austria : 45-34-28-

Belgium :

Flanders : 28-15-14-

Wallonia : 33-30-

Canada : 09-10-10-

Denmark : 35-10-

Spain : 39-35-37-

Finland : 33-21-27-

France : 37-35 -35-

Greece : 30-8-

Ireland : 13-06-12-

Italy : 43-38-41-

Japan HOT 100 : 81-62

Norway : 12-03-01-

New Zealand : 01-01-01-

Netherlands : 19-04-03-

Poland : 47-27-25-

Portugal : 05-04-

UK : 07-07-07-

>> 95’655 SPS so far 

Sweden : 30-08-13-

Switzerland : 16-06-12-

US Hot 100 : 03-06-06-

Global 200 : 02-01-01-

Official Lebanese Top 20 - English

8    NE    Lady Gaga
Die With A Smile
Feat: Bruno Mars

https://www.olt20.com/charts.aspx?pageid=10#fragment-2&panel1-4 

• paws up 4
  • yaas, gaga 3
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 12,807

I have a new theory about ‘Die With A Smile’

@OreoÀDeux @Imtired1616

Spoiler

Maybe instead of her being in on the joke of her acting career ‘dying’ as joker 2 bombs, Instead, she’s being clever and making her own shallow for joker so she has a good shot at awards season (J2 OST won’t make deadline for 25’ Granmys). Also the song could be related what happens in the film. As there’s no OST smash, this will work instead to cover that area. DWAS could build momentum as GP see joker and then listen to DWAS and associate the two

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09

Popster to Popster 4,595
On 9/12/2024 at 11:32 AM, MissAsia said:

Madonna can't act and she became a joke.. She won a lot of razzies. Gaga is a good actress.. I M sad she could flop with this because if she flops all the media will say :gaga flopped no jp flopped or Todd flopped.. I hate sexism

Imo the narrative in this case it’s in favor of Gaga, she has been done wrong it’s the consensus which could potentially even help her awards wise, whereas JP is more under fire also for dropping that gay movie. 

Popster to Popster 4,595
On 9/12/2024 at 11:51 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

@OreoÀDeux @Imtired1616

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe instead of her being in on the joke of her acting career ‘dying’ as joker 2 bombs, Instead, she’s being clever and making her own shallow for joker so she has a good shot at awards season (J2 OST won’t make deadline for 25’ Granmys). Also the song could be related what happens in the film. As there’s no OST smash, this will work instead to cover that area. DWAS could build momentum as GP see joker and then listen to DWAS and associate the two

This might not be far away from the reality, given there’s no original song in the movie and the covers lack potential, it might have been a way to do it given the lyrics fit perfectly the Joker theme. 

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,907

Getting acting jobs is not a hurdle im sure even taylor Swift gets acting offers 

But getting acting job from a revered director definitely is 

Gaga so far has worked with the legend Ridley Scott i want her to work with legends of 21st century next 

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,907
On 9/12/2024 at 3:21 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

@OreoÀDeux @Imtired1616

Reveal hidden contents

I mean gaga is the most literal n genuine artist of our times her art reflects her life at that particular moment so its not surprising if DWAS is written from Lee's pov 

A Popster Is Born 12,807
On 9/12/2024 at 11:18 AM, Ayobabylon said:

I mean gaga is the most literal n genuine artist of our times her art reflects her life at that particular moment so its not surprising if DWAS is written from Lee's pov 

ahh crisis averted about it being her bombing commercially and critically. Can’t wait for the new premieres and the F$gham Norton promo!

Popster to Popster 4,595
On 9/12/2024 at 12:16 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Getting acting jobs is not a hurdle im sure even taylor Swift gets acting offers 

But getting acting job from a revered director definitely is 

Gaga so far has worked with the legend Ridley Scott i want her to work with legends of 21st century next 

I would like her to work with the Daniels, one is gay and the other Asian, both young, they are not the typical white straight male middle age director, I’m sure they would bring the best out of her and creatively they seem in line with her.

• love 1

Popstanne 9,918
On 9/12/2024 at 6:45 AM, Leptine said:

Nice article.

Only time will tell if Lady Gaga will find herself welcomed back to the Academy Awards. But if her past press tours are any indication, watching her work for a nomination will undoubtedly be fun.”

:icant:

• lol 7

On 9/12/2024 at 5:23 AM, Leptine said:

I would like her to work with the Daniels, one is gay and the other Asian, both young, they are not the typical white straight male middle age director, I’m sure they would bring the best out of her and creatively they seem in line with her.

Yeah the Daniels or Ti West would be great. I know some want Scorsese but he’s gonna be like 100 by the time he can finish a project with GÁR. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 13,394
On 9/12/2024 at 4:03 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Yeah the Daniels or Ti West would be great. I know some want Scorsese but he’s gonna be like 100 by the time he can finish a project with GÁR. 

I just want her to be in a movie like Tár where she’s the main focus. 

• thanks 1
  • love 2