Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

Moderator 7,820
On 9/11/2024 at 10:02 PM, Hags Labs said:

When Gaga makes a surprise appearance at the VMAS serving LG7 aesthetic then proceeds to give us the pre-recorded performance of DWAS with Bruno then wins for best performance and give us a BTW snippet moment when she won VOTY back in 2010 :dead:

That would be incredible!

• hugs 1

Moderator 7,820

I'll watch the show and share news here:

This to make sure the VMAs thing wont cause the same problems as with JFAD :)

• hugs 1
  • love 1

Popstanne 7,571
On 9/11/2024 at 9:30 PM, Fame Romance said:

The way Gaga was the first of her peers to get a 2B song and now she’s gonna get her second with DWAS :banana:

Streaming poison my *ss :banana:

Rihanna Adele and Taylor will get there before her but your point still stands. The way she turned her streaming numbers around these past 8 years is crazy

Nevermind I misread your post :bigbird: ignore my ignorance

Edited by JennyWayne

Kindness Admin 7,528
On 9/11/2024 at 12:32 PM, FRANZGA said:

Wait, a Graham Norton Show guesting on September 27? :giveup:

I'm actually in London for this week, how do I get into the premiere and how do I get into this audience?

On 9/11/2024 at 1:56 PM, XXXlop said:

And what do you expect? Do you want to restrict the discussion to some chart numbers, which come out once per day, and can be discussed in only 30 minutes?

That would be pretty boring tbh. If there's a reason why this forum makes about 20 pages per day (if not more), is not only thanks to DWAS, but also thanks to JFAD.

Let's be serious, it's way more interesting to track a movie (reviews, premieres, box-office, awards, actual PROMO, interviews, etc.), than to just track a song (ergo one Spotify and one radio update per day, and that's it).

Both things are pretty compatible tho.

You should be GRATEFUL that our fanbase can be writing essays about a film, because it shows Gaga's versatility. It's way more boring staning a Beyonce or a Sabrina Carpenter, when all you have to discuss are some daily numbers.

We are literally the ONLY fanbase that can have the best of both worlds. So enjoy the fact that Gaga is about to star in one of the biggest films of the year, and let the fans talk about it (even if you don't like their opinions).

Yeah, I understand that most of those opinions are negative, but we have the right to express our opinion when things go either the right or the wrong way. So if fans are (rightfully) frustrated about this year's Gaga's biggest project, let them share their opinion. And if you don't like it, ignore and skip it, just as I did with the Iphone conversation.

Enjoy, and let others enjoy.

On 9/11/2024 at 2:30 PM, Max_Vandeburg said:

Sorry but I barely have enough time to follow this thread alone, imagine having to follow two separate threads. Yeah, I'm just going to stick with this one.

I think if we have enough activity to support multiple threads, that's a good thing. This website has been pretty small and there hasn't been a ton of Gaga news, so consolidating everything into one thread made sense. With JFAD instigating such in-depth discussion which can be annoying for some people, I agree it makes sense to push those types of conversations there. It's a lot easier to keep up with what you're interested in if multiple threads are thriving.

Of course, we can still track numbers and such here, but in depth opining is best in its own space.

On 9/11/2024 at 3:57 PM, Dirkje said:

Are you guys gonna watch the vmas tonight?

I don't even know how to watch such a thing in the year 2024 of our Godga.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2

Popster for Sale 57,181

Just realized Gaga and Bruno will join Taylor Swift, Drake and Justin Bieber as the only pre-streaming artists with multiple 1B songs released this decade :ally:

Edit: Miley will also get her second with Angels Like You which is about to reach it

Edited by Fame Romance
  • paws up 2
  • love 2

Moderator 7,820
On 9/11/2024 at 10:08 PM, admin said:

I'm actually in London for this week, how do I get into the premiere and how do I get into this audience?

I think if we have enough activity to support multiple threads, that's a good thing. This website has been pretty small and there hasn't been a ton of Gaga news, so consolidating everything into one thread made sense. With JFAD instigating such in-depth discussion which can be annoying for some people, I agree it makes sense to push those types of conversations there. It's a lot easier to keep up with what you're interested in if multiple threads are thriving.

Of course, we can still track numbers and such here, but in depth opining is best in its own space.

I don't even know how to watch such a thing in the year 2024 of our Godga.

Now get yourself a ticket, print a Popa911 shirt and get these new popsters!!!!

• lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 39,257
On 9/11/2024 at 4:13 PM, Arturo said:

Interscope kinda winning

Gaga, Billie, and Kendrick all smashing

No wonder they don’t feel the need for radio payola when they have the Top 3 on AM US & the top 2 on US Spotify  :giveup:

The Fame Popster 488
On 9/11/2024 at 2:43 PM, Fame Romance said:

Adele will have 3 above 2B in 3 months with Rolling in the Deep and Easy on Me pulling amazing recurrents, Blank Space early next year 

Still Gaga will join the top 2 female commercial forces of the century in that huge milestone

Yeah, I got confused :toofunny: I was thinking DWAS was heading for 2B already. Next year tho!

Popster This Way 897
On 9/12/2024 at 3:07 AM, Mew said:

I don’t get how someone can call Cyndi Lauper a One Hit Wonder. She had multiple hits in those years that are still remembered, apart GJWTHF songs like Time After Time, True Colors, I Drove All Night, The Goonies R Good Enough will always be remembered! She cemented herself into Pop culture (thanks to those segments in WWE). Nothing comparable to some of these new “Artists”.

Globally speaking, only GJWTHF, Time After Time, True Colors are remembered (other songs are good too! But not on the same level as these three songs), and she didn’t have any top10 albums after True Color, which was just her sophomore album

Her achievement is legendary and her legacy is timeless, but her presence in pop music was indeed very front loaded, which is fine because she’s just as talented in other fields like broadways musicals and acting. I believe it’s more about her not wanting to make commercial music than can’t make more hits out of pop albums.

Of course no new artist can be compared to Cyndi, but it’s interesting to observe her career trajectory when she established so much in such a short time then completely switched her path to other things.

Moderator 7,820
On 9/11/2024 at 10:11 PM, Imtired1616 said:

WTF. 

Looks like we gotta stream harder then to get the #1 back!

Popster This Way 897
On 9/12/2024 at 4:13 AM, Arturo said:

Interscope kinda winning

Gaga, Billie, and Kendrick all smashing

It’s so weird because it seems like they barely do anything to promote the songs:katy: But I do know that they give artists a lot of freedom in the process of creating, maybe quality wins after all 

Popster for Sale 44,646
On 9/11/2024 at 9:28 PM, Doncho said:

Not them saying its panned by critics lmao. Panned would be a score below 30, not 62

People on the comments are dragging them for it. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 5