On 9/11/2024 at 9:52 AM, OreoÀDeux said:

When she shows up to the VMA's with a TFM level serve to hype LG7 era :giveup:

Hide contents

:hey_there:

It's what we deserve. JFADs been hard on the fan base. :giveup:

• yaas, gaga 2

The Fame Popster 333
On 9/11/2024 at 9:48 AM, OreoÀDeux said:

Yeah we're just reacting to the news as they come. This is a charts thread - we will celebrate the good news as much as meltdown over the bad news. That's life.mp3

I don’t think anyone is upset over people posting their reactions and feelings to actual news and stats; it’s the literal pages and pages of “her career in Hollywood is over!” mixed with the always-borderline-OGHs throwing in their “flop” digs now that they think they have ammo when the movie literally just premiered. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 7

Popster for Sale 44,646

Seems like the Linkin Park song had a regular increase today so hopefully it starts to stabilize. Unfortunately it overtook the #1 spot in Portugal but irrelevant markets will irrelevant market. 

Barbie had impeccable marketing that was bolstered by the Barbenheimer meme, meanwhile JFAD only had Venice, still weeks to go, but they need to ramp promo asap since visibility for the film is still abnormally low 

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 18,408

I can’t believe people are saying her movie career might be over because JFAD was a letdown. It does not work that way. She’s still at the start of the road for her with plenty of time to recover. 

• paws up 8
  • thanks 6

On 9/11/2024 at 5:06 PM, DonnieDarko said:

I can’t believe people are saying her movie career might be over because JFAD was a letdown. It does not work that way. She’s still at the start of the road for her with plenty of time to recover. 

Her movie career is definitely not over, but JFAD flopping would be a huge setback considering the sheer scope of the movie. It has a $200 million budget after all. And Gaga will probably be over 40 when her new movie gets released. We haven't heard any rumors about her picking another project.  

• paws up 2
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 11,829
On 9/11/2024 at 10:34 AM, Hags Labs said:

I will be rooting for DWAS until September ends. After that, I will cherish the decrease in streams so we can make room for the LG7 lead instead

spacer.png

I hope you are not serious because this post is just... :eyega:

If LG7 lead serves quality, it will do good. 2 hits from the same artist can coexist

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1
  • lol 1

Popster for Sale 44,646
On 9/11/2024 at 3:13 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Her movie career is definitely not over, but JFAD flopping would be a huge setback considering the sheer scope of the movie. It has a $200 million budget after all. And Gaga will probably be over 40 when her new movie gets released. We haven't heard any rumors about her picking another project.  

Over 40 is not a problem in movies. 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 5

A Popster Is Born 11,829

The DRAMATICS over Joker :rip:

Yall act like this will open with $45k or something. The switch once the reviews came in really shows. Definition of success stans

• paws up 1
  • thanks 5

Popster for Sale 44,646
On 9/11/2024 at 3:16 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

If you are Cate Blanchett or Nicole Kidman. Gaga is not that big of a movie star yet. 

True. But she's a huge star overall. 

• paws up 4
  • thanks 3

The Fame Popster 333
On 9/11/2024 at 9:48 AM, Azor Ahai said:

Taste getting 4 times more spins on radio  than DWAS:whatga:

Apparently, this is totally normal and shouldn’t bother us. But, seriously, Z100 is literally playing Sabrina more times per hour than they play DWAS.

On 9/11/2024 at 9:50 AM, OreoÀDeux said:

Copying my post from ATRL:

On a lighter note... I've been thinking about LG7 and some of the things she said in the Vogue interview and I have some thoughts:

I feel like this album will be a reflection on Lady Gaga the entity (the "notorious being"), a bit of a culmination of what she's been through the last decade and a half.

I thought it was interesting how in the interview she talked about how she was writing about the difficult times she had while being happy. I think this album will contrast a lot with Chromatica, in which she was still inside that turmoil kinda forcing herself to the booth and just writing a very direct straight to the point version of whatever she was feeling. This time I'm expecting her to take more of an outside, metaphorical view of herself as a person and an artist.

Unrelated to this but I think Shadow Of The Night might've been a song she wrote during The Chromatica Ball, specifically about that experience (the monsters around). Maybe that was the real reason she included it on the film, and not because it's a lead single.

I love your enthusiasm for LG7, but I think fans put way too much weight on their perception of Gaga’s emotional state and its impact on her music. Because unfortunately, if the album fails to meet expectations, these things get twisted against her and/or totally rewritten over time to fit peoples preferred narratives.

There was similar “she seems so much happier now!” talk entering ARTPOP (“she was so overworked during BTW! so much more focused!”); and, again entering LG5 (“she’s doing things her way now without Troy! This is the music she’s always wanted to make!”)….

Yet, since those eras underperformed for some fans, those things mattered less and less over time. Likewise, had Chromatica smashed harder, they’d be wishing she had pain for inspiration (the case for many when they think they’re getting a Joanne album for ex).

Hope that makes sense. I think she’s proven she can create amazing music regardless of how she is feeling and I agree she seems very inspired which is great.

Edited by JustJames
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,759
On 9/11/2024 at 5:06 PM, DonnieDarko said:

and i can’t stress this enough but the movie isn’t even out yet. :katy_pie:

• paws up 2
  • thanks 8

Popster to Popster 3,696
On 9/11/2024 at 10:43 AM, Moonlight Shadow said:

The Joker 2 pre-era for anyone hyped for this movie is trully wasted. No shade but it’s not because of the mixed reviews or tickets sales 1 month ahead of release. It's only because of useless fans melting down every two seconds.

And I'm trully not the only one feeling this way. Fans are 100% wasting the moment. And that's sad to see.

There's no point in complaining if mods don't take action and @admin will continue to give a free pass to these daily meltdowns as always so as not to lose the frequency of these same clueless users.

GaLvCv5.gif

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2

Popster for Sale 44,646
On 9/11/2024 at 3:21 PM, JustJames said:

Apparently, this is totally normal and shouldn’t bother us. But, seriously, Z100 is literally playing Sabrina more times per hour than they play DWAS.

I love your enthusiasm for LG7, but I think fans put way too much weight on their perception of Gaga being happy, sad, angry, etc. and its impact on her music. Because unfortunately, if the album fails to meet expectations, these things get twisted against her and/or totally rewritten over time to fit peoples preferred narratives.

More specifically, there was the same “she seems so much happier now!” talk entering ARTPOP era (“she was so overworked during BTW! so much more focused!”); and, again entering LG5 era (“she’s doing things her way now without Troy! This is the music she’s always wanted to make!”)….

Yet, since those eras underperformed for some fans, those things mattered less and less over time. Likewise, had Chromatica smashed harder, they’d be wishing she had pain to use as inspiration (is the case for many when they think they’re getting a Joanne type album for ex).

Hope that makes sense. I think she’s proven she can create amazing music regardless of how she is feeling and I do agree she seems very inspired which of course is great.

Yeah I tried to be neutral in terms of if I think it's going to be better or worse (judging by the snippets I think it's the former but this is obviously very subjective). I was just trying to predict the different approach she will take. I actually think the themes will be similar to Chromatica (her struggle with fame, identity and purpose) just from a different more "detached" perspective - of someone who can distance herself from those things and make art about what she's gone through. We shall see though. 

I also agree with you about the narrative always being "she's happier and more inspired now" in every era (particularly remember ASIB, when, in fact, she was miserable). I guess the difference now is that she's the one really driving this narrative (and has been for a couple of years now). 

Edited by OreoÀDeux