Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

The musical element might just end up being a gamble that didn't pan out. Joker 2 will probably still end up being Gaga's highest grossing film ever, and financially successful, but it sucks that it's probably going to be something of an underperformance.

Popster to Popster 4,600
On 9/11/2024 at 1:33 PM, OreoÀDeux said:

Nobody seems to be talking about Joker, if we compare it to Barbie last year the difference is abysmal. Not sure how this happened considering how well the trailer was received, I doubt people care that much about middling critic reviews. They need a narrative, controversy or something to draw interest quickly. This film is shaping up to bomb hard. :rip:

Time for Gaga to let it all out and beefing with Todd and Joaquin on social media but not sure if that would help. 

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,894
On 9/11/2024 at 6:41 PM, GraceRandolph said:

The musical element might just end up being a gamble that didn't pan out. Joker 2 will probably still end up being Gaga's highest grossing film ever, and financially successful, but it sucks that it's probably going to be something of an underperformance.

People kinda didn't talk much about Oppenheimer unless Barbie is involved but the former still did great in box office though. 

Popster for Sale 44,641
On 9/11/2024 at 12:41 PM, Leptine said:

Time for Gaga to let it all out and beefing with Todd and Joaquin on social media but not sure if that would help. 

As long as she comes out on top in public opinion I'll take it. We want a Blake Lively vs. Her director tea but reversed. I think it helped quite a lot on the Box office.

The Fame Popster 488

Them hiding that it’s a musical and them hiding that Gaga is more supporting is hurting them. They need to be honest abt the movie they’re selling. Plus, it’s a musical with Lady Gaga; it’s not some unknown actors who we don’t know if they can sing or not. 

Plus, if it’s true abt stuff being cut, the altered ending might have shifted the overall climax of the film, changing the story beats and important moments, making them less impactful. That’s gonna affect the film regardless if studios think it won’t. Stick to the original plan, as it’s better to take a risk and succeed than it is to play it safe and fail. 

• paws up 2
  • sad 1

ARTPOPster 1,827

Maybe gaga should have dressed better on theme to match the red and black of Harley? It’s the little things that can help market the film which I think the film is lacking on social media especially :katy:

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,641
On 9/11/2024 at 12:48 PM, little legend said:

When Joker and LG7 will be huge bombs. 

Oh Katy Perry leave a spot for us on your boat 

The boat in question is a piece of wood headed towards the bottom of the mariana trench.

• lol 6

Popster to Popster 3,907

Todd n Phoenix are the reason behind this 

Todd a dumbarse p*ssed lady gaga n her fanbase off with the supporting actress trickery n reviews pointing it out 

Musical elements not being implemented correctly bc he is a noob 

Joaquin Phoenix p*ssing entire industry off with his controversy

Last n not least gaga not giving a f- about it has naturally reduced my interest too

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,095
On 9/11/2024 at 7:51 AM, GraceRandolph said:

WB needs to cut the Stupid Love scene from JFAD.

I heard Todd shot the whole movie on an IPhone. And it wasn't a new edition phone either. 

Edited by Imtired1616

ARTPOPster 1,827

They got to get their assess on the talk shows and promote the film because word of mouth ain’t gonna help sell the film for sure :icant: Todd better force gaga to be on hot ones :icant:

• lol 4