Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

Popster to Popster 3,904
On 9/11/2024 at 3:47 PM, MissAsia said:

Omg i listened the snippet of girlfriend.. I hope it is real bacause it screams hung up/believe level of success.. It must be the first single

Where?

A Popster Is Born 11,532
On 9/11/2024 at 12:28 PM, Leptine said:

Also this is true but we still need those 700-800M at least. 

I'd like to see a list of highest grossing musicals this decade :ari_roll:

Popster to Popster 3,904

Well joker 1 has like $300m gross from US 

i do think that international territories are going to be bigger than america n gaga's gucci movie also was global in box office in comparison to america

Lets wait n watch i think $500M is achievable in worst case scenerio 

• hugs 1

ARTPOPster 1,736
On 9/11/2024 at 1:38 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Well joker 1 has like $300m gross from US 

i do think that international territories are going to be bigger than america n gaga's gucci movie also was global in box office in comparison to america

Lets wait n watch i think $500M is achievable in worst case scenerio 

From a billion to 500 million would be a huge flop tho

• paws up 2
  • thanks 2

ARTPOPster 1,736
On 9/11/2024 at 1:44 PM, 0707alp said:

The film needs like 500 600 million dollars to just break even if the 200 dolar budget is right

Edited by 0707alp
  • paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,593
On 9/11/2024 at 12:44 PM, 0707alp said:

500 would definitely be an underwhelming result, not a flop but close territory given also the budget, if you think ASIB made 450 with 36 budget. 

Popster to Popster 3,904
On 9/11/2024 at 4:14 PM, 0707alp said:

Its not reaching near to $1B lets get that clear

ARTPOPster 1,736
On 9/11/2024 at 1:54 PM, Leptine said:

500 would definitely be an underwhelming result, not a flop but close territory given also the budget, if you think ASIB made 450 with 36 budget. 

Studios takes like half of the money from ticket sales and 25 percent in China. These might not be the exact numbers so 500 millions is just money lost with a critical flop on top. We need 700 million atleast

Based on the data and analysis you've provided, it seems that the performance of Joker: Folie à Deux is struggling compared to expectations. Here’s a breakdown:

1. Sales and Growth:

• The overall sales growth of 11% isn't very strong, especially when paired with new sales of just 5, suggesting a lack of momentum.
    • 2.6 tickets per showtime is a relatively low number, indicating weaker audience turnout.
  2. Showtimes and Theatres:

• Theatres and showtimes aren't expanding rapidly enough to drive higher sales.
  3. Comps:

• It's underperforming when compared to films like Beetlejuice 2, Godzilla vs. Kong, Dune 2, and The Hunger Games: Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes.
    • The best comparison so far is Aquaman 2, but even then, the difference is marginal.
  4. Format Sales:

• The fact that it's spreading somewhat evenly across premium formats like Dolby, VIP, and IMAX suggests it isn't generating the kind of buzz that drives a clear preference for higher-priced formats, which can impact overall revenue potential.
  5. Sales Windows:

• While a longer sales window could help boost numbers, the early trends show a lack of traction, which may be hard to reverse without significant marketing or controversy.
  6. General Outlook:

• The concern around the minimal movement from day 1 to day 2 indicates that audiences are not highly engaged.
    • A $60M opening, which had been suggested as a potential floor, seems difficult to reach based on current trends.

In summary, while it's not performing disastrously, the numbers indicate that Joker: Folie à Deux is struggling to capture audience attention, and expectations should be tempered unless there's a substantial turnaround in marketing or word of mouth.

• thanks 1