SEATS SOLD SINCE YESTERDAY N/A

SHOWINGS ADDED SINCE YESTERDAY 0

COMPS

T-23

(0.624x) of Beetlejuice $6.12M

(0.141x) of Deadpool x Wolverine $5.43M

(0.749x) of Dune 2 $6.96M

Comps AVG: $6.17M

ROOF BIG YIKES. Definitely not anywhere close to a $100M opener as things look right now. Not even sure if this is a $60M type of OW. Will almost certainly decrease from Joker 2019 OW

from the box office forum 

lmao :rip::rip: 

• sad 3
  • lol 3

Popster This Way 691
On 9/11/2024 at 10:47 AM, Leptine said:

Wondering when we’re gonna have Grace Randolph Tea and review on this.

The Queen herself will flip flop her review anyway. Recently she said that she thought HoG was “a really great movie” that she liked… but she rated it rotten!

As per the box office, yeah the tracking is weak but the comps are mostly against Deadpool and MCU movies. This really isn’t as fan driven as those are, so I think walk up business will be a higher proportion. That said, I think it was madness to suggest this would do numbers like the first one which had this lightning in a bottle moment capturing the zeitgeist. The first Joker did $600m overseers without China, which is absolutely wild. 

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,611
On 9/11/2024 at 11:53 AM, Rusty said:

The Queen herself will flip flop her review anyway. Recently she said that she thought HoG was “a really great movie” that she liked… but she rated it rotten!

As per the box office, yeah the tracking is weak but the comps are mostly against Deadpool and MCU movies. This really isn’t as fan driven as those are, so I think walk up business will be a higher proportion. That said, I think it was madness to suggest this would do numbers like the first one which had this lightning in a bottle moment capturing the zeitgeist. The first Joker did $600m overseers without China, which is absolutely wild. 

This is definitely going to perform better overseas again, not sure if it will able to make the same numbers but I think it’s gonna do well. 

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 701
On 9/11/2024 at 12:00 PM, sugden said:

Warner neess to come up with something real quick

I always felt the promo for this movie was kinda weak

I Don t think gaga cares about this movie.. 

Popster This Way 701

Omg i listened the snippet of girlfriend.. I hope it is real bacause it screams hung up/believe level of success.. It must be the first single

Edited by MissAsia

A Popster Is Born 11,535
On 9/11/2024 at 11:21 AM, Leptine said:

The problem is the comparison with the first, this should actually outgross the first to have the real success narrative or doing the same numbers at least, 800 would be a great result but not outstanding and 600 would be seen as decent, keeping in mind this costed 200 (X4 the first).

But there is always the musical narrative to pull then it doesn't so we're good :telephone:

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,611
On 9/11/2024 at 12:03 PM, MissAsia said:

I Don t think gaga cares about this movie.. 

Probably but her name is still attached to it and it needs to be successful especially after she has been labeled as ‘butts in seats’ force by all the media outlets during the HOG era. 

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,611
On 9/11/2024 at 12:26 PM, PanPikus said:

But there is always the musical narrative to pull then it doesn't so we're good :telephone:

Also this is true but we still need those 700-800M at least. 

• love 1