Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

A Popster Is Born 18,407
On 9/11/2024 at 6:42 AM, TheCureInChromatica said:

still don't know the hate for Taylor, she never really did anything to y'all :icant:

Hate is a strong word, people like or dislike artists for a number of reasons, some of them are valid, some not. It’s not like Katy Perry or Beyoncé did anything to some of the folks in here, yet we see them daily trashing both.

I guess that’s the way it is and will be. 

• thanks 3

Popster to Popster 3,907
On 9/11/2024 at 10:29 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

I've just re-listened to Midnights, and I think it's a great album. It even feels a bit nostalgic already. 

TTPD is still horrible though, I haven't touched it since the release day.

Midnights a great album ? Pls bffr 

On 9/11/2024 at 8:26 AM, ViviLittleM said:

They’re too young to vote.

Aren't her fans mostly middle-aged women who started following her during her Red era? 

Anyway, it's very impressive how Taylor has managed to acquire such a multi-generational fandom. That's the power of having several super-successful eras (Fearless, 1989, Folklore,  Midnight). Madonna probably achieved the same with COTDF (even gays in their 20s like myself like her because of that era). Britney also acquired a lot of younger fans with Circus.   

Gaga's fandom is mostly limited to gay men in their late 20s or 30s. I think that she picked up a lot of casual listeners with Joanne and ASIB, but these are not hardcore fans who could be considered her base. Gaga mostly relies on the people who started following her during her peak. The fact that she released only one pop album in a decade really hurt her ability to expand her core fanbase. She might have picked up a few fans with Chromaica, but this is probably a very insignificant portion of her fanbase. 

My stanning history as a pop music listener who's currently in his 20s:

Madonna's COTDF (I was absolutely obsessed with Hung Up and Sorry) 

Britney (Blackout/Circus)   

Gaga (TF/TFM/BTW/Artpop) 

I like some new pop girls as well, but I don't stan actively stan them. I think that it might be weird to stan someone who's much younger than you are lol. 

Edited by lookwhatyoumademedo
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,364
On 9/11/2024 at 4:21 AM, nydedan said:

https://www.fotogramas.es/peliculas-criticas/a62055884/joker-2-folie-a-deux-critica-pelicula-joaquin-phoenix-lady-gaga/

A Spanish press gave it a 5 out of 5.  basically praises every aspect of the movie:laughga:

ohhhh GodGa maybe I will have to buy their next issue if they put Gaga on the cover like they did for ASIB even if it was just a random Joanne picture

Edited by Andreu

Popstanne 9,365
On 9/10/2024 at 11:41 PM, FRANZGA said:

Most Swifties are REPublicans

That's just not true :rip: 

demographically they lean millenial and Gen Z and female which is the most Democratic you can get in terms of voting blocs

• paws up 8
  • thanks 1

On 9/10/2024 at 2:06 PM, 0707alp said:

Grace Randolph was talking about the Wicked the other day and she thinks competition is harder on supporting actress this year. She thinks the lead has lighter competition

She could be right. Karla Gascon and Mikey Madison have acclaimed films but they don't have the same name recognition that Best Actress contenders usually have.

• paws up 5