Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

Kindness Admin 7,527

PS for those wondering about presales and why: In the US almost all theatres require seat reservations and IMAX and Dolby premium screens have become the preferred method for seeing big movies. Tickets for all big movies go on weeks in advance so people can snatch opening weekend premium seats. How much of an ‘event’ a movie is can be gleaned by early presales which usually translates to opening weekend, loosely. Of course, a massive bulk of most movies comes from regular people not preordering, but for a film like this, we’d expect robust presales (even if not as much as a typical MCU/DC film).

I subscribe to AMC A-List - I can see 3 movies a week on any AMC screen in NYC - so any movie I want to see opening weekend (or first few weekends/weeks if it’s a big film) in our best IMAX screen requires buying basically immediately after they go on sale. And that has slowly translated to more and more people doing the same. Dune IMAX screens sold out (or nearly) for weeks in NYC within a day of presales.

I actually messed up and got perfect seats for the Monday IMAX early screening of JFAD, then deleted them by accident and a minute later went back and was regulated to way off to the side seating. But I have pretty good seats for Saturday night that week.

• paws up 6
  • thanks 3

Popstanne 9,697
On 9/11/2024 at 1:13 AM, OnionGirl said:

So the prerecorded DWAS performance wasn’t for the VMAs since it’s already taking place tomorrow :katy_pie:

Hopefully for the AMAs on October 6, then

I read somewhere AMAs were cancelled this year.

And I hope she don't perform there, they have only awarder her two times, literal OGHs from these mtv awards.

A Popster Is Born 12,801
On 9/10/2024 at 9:27 PM, OreoÀDeux said:

The way everyone was gagging over this teaser 

Babes I wanna know what the HELL went on behind the scenes with it all. The very early screening tea said she outshone Phoenix :awkney:

A Popster Is Born 16,279
On 9/10/2024 at 10:31 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Babes I wanna know what the HELL went on behind the scenes with it all. The very early screening tea said she outshone Phoenix :awkney:

WB probably sh!t their pants incels will boycott harleen lead movie in which she kills joker so they decided to go with alternative ending and cut most of her scenes, hope they finally go bankrupt so they can stop ruining the movies:uhh:

• paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,583
On 9/10/2024 at 9:35 PM, Replay said:

WB probably sh!t their pants incels will boycott harleen lead movie in which she kills joker so they decided to go with alternative ending and cut most of her scenes, hope they finally go bankrupt so they can stop ruining the movies:uhh:

I feel like this might not be far from the truth. She was so present in the first the teaser, then out of nowhere we get that variety article claiming she's supporting and suddenly come second tesaser she's basically nowhere to be seen. 

She was marketed as the lead from the get-go, there is no doubt about it. Of course it could be just a way to sell the movie on Gaga's celebrity.

Edited by OreoÀDeux
  • paws up 1

Popstanne 7,562
On 9/10/2024 at 10:28 PM, zoldyck said:

I read somewhere AMAs were cancelled this year.

And I hope she don't perform there, they have only awarder her two times, literal OGHs from these mtv awards.

Remember when she lost Best New Artist in 2009 to a band called Gloriana :laughga:

• shook 1
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 16,279
On 9/10/2024 at 10:38 PM, OreoÀDeux said:

I feel like this might not be far from the truth. She was so present in the first the teaser, then out of nowhere we get that variety article claiming she's supporting and suddenly come second tesaser she's basically nowhere to be seen. 

She was marketed as the lead from the get-go, there is no doubt about it. Of course it could be just a way to sell the movie on Gaga's celebrity.

but they also gave her lead role salary and they cut bunch of her prominent scenes we knew about, also whole shift from leading to supporting has been very abrupt. Also months ago Grace mentioned one ending that would made ppl mad that she hopes they don't keep

Edited by Replay
  • paws up 2

Popstanne 9,697
On 9/11/2024 at 1:39 AM, JennyWayne said:

Remember when she lost Best New Artist in 2009 to a band called Gloriana :laughga:

Thankfully no, i wasn't into stan world back in 2009. 

Popster for Sale 44,583
On 9/10/2024 at 9:42 PM, Replay said:

but they also gave her lead role salary and they cut bunch of her prominent scenes we knew about, also whole shift from leading to supporting has been very abrupt. Also months ago Grace mentioned one ending that would made ppl mad that she hopes they don't keep

Yeah the salary also makes this whole thing very suspicious. We'll probably know what actually went down a few years down the line. 

• paws up 2

The Popster 221
On 9/10/2024 at 2:59 PM, Imtired1616 said:

Why does this kinda sound like the end of the Chromatica Ball clip? :ew:

Sounds like Fashion of his love! :laughga:

ARTPOPster 1,609
On 9/6/2024 at 1:00 PM, Arturo said:

At least it feels like TEOG is remembered a bit. Y&I on the other hand :dead:

See, I always thought Yoü and I was a forgotten hit but at least in the US, everyone always recognizes it when it comes on.