Charts Thread | Die With A Smash | JFAD

Charts talk pinned featured

Dirkje

On 9/10/2024 at 8:03 PM, Emi said:

Sorry but I see some potential on this specially ok TikTok + the “ra ra ri ra ra rah” chorus 

It is still unlikely to even chart (let alone become a moderate hit), but it's not DOA like "Lifetimes." I love euro bops, but it just sounds extremely generic.

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108
On 9/10/2024 at 2:03 PM, Emi said:

Sorry but I see some potential on this specially ok TikTok + the “ra ra ri ra ra rah” chorus 

Potential = better performance than previous redefinitions of word “flop”

On 9/10/2024 at 11:13 AM, Leptine said:

Phoenix is masterful, and he and Gaga make an awesome screen team. She is sublime. Het role is smaller than expected, but she makes the most of it and delivers her best screenperformance to date.

The new positive review on Rotten. 

I hope they decide to campaign Gaga in lead. I think the chance of a nomination is higher than people think.

• thanks 1
  • love 1

Popster This Way 897
On 9/11/2024 at 1:03 AM, Emi said:

Because it's sampled, it's already an iconic chorus in music history:icant:

Moderator 7,818

I'm 31 and I love discovering new music! I even listen to old music and now realize its such a bop. I still stan my faves, but as an adult now also with an open mind to other artists. (as a teen I was 100% stanning the Sugababes and ignored everyone else XD )

So my playlist now is a wide variety of any kind of music I like. And yes I still appreciate discovering new artists. Age has nothing to do with great music imo :cm: 

• paws up 1
  • love 4

Popster to Popster 3,694
On 9/10/2024 at 12:52 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Its doing so well be an a** of an album filled with tiktok baits not surprised though but boaf is such a terrible song

It's literally one of the best songs of the year :awkney:

• paws up 1
  • lol 1
  • love 3

Popster to Popster 3,095
On 9/10/2024 at 1:06 PM, GraceRandolph said:

I hope they decide to campaign Gaga in lead. I think the chance of a nomination is higher than people think.

It's funny you posted this. Because the actual Grace Randolph said the premier dress she wore ended her Hollywood career. Or something. :icant:

• lol 2

Popster to Popster 4,598
On 9/10/2024 at 7:06 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Assuming there’s still hope for awards chances, I still think it’s a move too risky given circumstances, you need a more acclaimed performance and movie to do that.

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108
On 9/10/2024 at 2:06 PM, Gabi said:

Because it's sampled, it's already an iconic chorus in music history:icant:

FOR SURE I KNEW IT! Hahaha

• hugs 1

Popster This Way 897
On 9/11/2024 at 1:10 AM, Leptine said:

Assuming there’s still hope for awards chances, I still think it’s a move too risky given circumstances, you need a more acclaimed performance and movie to do that.

In most circumstances it's not a risky move becuase most mainstream actor/actress has at lease one project in a year.
But for Gaga it will be the end of her acting career if she got snubbed for Oscars again:laughga: Twitter will eat her alive if she doesn't at least get a nom

Popster to Popster 3,694
On 9/10/2024 at 1:17 PM, Ayobabylon said:

I could eat that girl for lunch yeah she dances on my tongue is the worst line of the year 

Not when "sexy confident, so intelligent" is right there. :flutter:

• thanks 1
  • lol 4

Popstanne 9,368

Not trying to sound like someone who's hopelessly optimistic but the past 4 days of radio updates have been quite weird for everyone. Makes me wonder if a panel recalibration happened this week or a few stations owned by the same company are going through some weird adjustment.

I guess we'll never know. But nothing I see about the brief radio stagnation this week points to it being a DWAS issue but rather an overall issue.

• paws up 3

The Popster 226
On 9/10/2024 at 12:50 PM, Gabi said:

And Liddos are melting down because of some fraudulent radio updates and a movie not even released yet:peacega:

This fanbase is always so dramatic

That’s why I’m planning to become a Katycat. They have more hopes with a song pulling 10 streams per day :billie:

WW 0 (=)

• lol 5